(Redirected from Trend)
- Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
- Trends are highways to develop further ideas on them, whereas hypes are dead-end roads. Only the first player will profit.
- Michael Hänni, Co-founder of trendguide.com
- Bane [Baldwin Bane, New York chief of the SEC] was being bedeviled by a promoter who wanted his approval to register stock in a gold mine. Every day, Bane, who smelled a rat, found a reason to turn away the promoter, always demanding more information. One day Bane, opening his mail, mistakenly read a telegram for the promoter from his partner out west. It read, "CANCEL REGISTRATION. HAVE FOUND GOLD."
- Martin Mayer in his book Wall Street - Men and Money, 1955.
- See U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Trends in stock markets
- The trend is your friend!
- Dr. George Lane
- In a bull market the trend of prices, of course, is decidedly and definitely upward. Therefore whenever a stock goes against the general trend you are justified in assuming that there is something wrong with that particular stock.
- The trend has been established before the news is published, and in bull markets bear items are ignored and bull news exaggerated, and vice versa.
- Jesse Lauriston Livermore