My Wikipedia user page
"We must know. We will know" David Hilbert
"Let us see how high we can fly before the sun melts the wax in our wings." (Chandrasekhar?)
E. O. Wilson
From his book, "Consilience"
- "science is religion liberated and writ large." (page 6)
- on science: "If those committed to the quest fail, they will be forgiven. When lost, they will find another way." (page 7)
- "The moral imperative of humanism is the endeavor alone, wheter successful or not, provided the effort is honorable and failure memorable." (page 7)
- "The greated enterprise of the mind has always been and always will be the attempted linkage of the sciences and humanities." (page 8)
- The Almighty Lecturer -Thomas Paine
- "The view from nowhere" -Thomas_Nagel
- "We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself." -Carl Sagan
- Hippocrates "People believe that this disease is sacred simply because they don't know what causes it? But some day I believe they will, and the moment they figure out why people have epilepsy, it will cease to be considered divine."