For info, see my Wikipedia page.
Some of my favorite quotations:
- A nation trying to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to pull himself up by the handles. -- Winston Churchill
- Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the last of the human freedoms—to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way. -- Viktor Frankl
- The weakness of a soul is proportionate to the number of truths that must be kept from it. -- Eric Hoffer
- To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought. -- Tom Robbins
- It is not because the truth is too difficult to see that we make mistakes. It may even lie on the surface; but we make mistakes because the easiest and most comfortable course for us is to seek insight where it accords with our emotions — especially selfish ones. -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. -- Henry David Thoreau
- In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination. -- Mark Twain
- Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. -— Oscar Wilde
- It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously. - Peter Ustinov
|This is a Wikiquote user page.
If you find this page on any site other than Wikiquote, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikiquote itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/User:JayJasper.