Welcome to my User page. I am your host, Postmodern Beatnik. Like many of the editors here, I have a great love of quotes and I plan on making sure that my favorites are included in the pages here (assuming they are appropriate for inclusion, of course). I am also concerned with correlating Wikipedia and Wikiquote pages, particularly those falling under the scope of WikiProject Philosophy.
- Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive.
- -Bugs Bunny
- A very popular error: having the courage of one's convictions; rather it is a matter of having the courage for an attack on one's convictions!!!
- -Friedrich Nietzsche, Nachlass
- Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers.
- The United States has its grandeur, and it's follies. But mostly, it's the place where all our stuff is.
- -Lisa Simpson, Bart-Mangled Banner
- The only time anyone's admitted they were a Christian before was when they were busy telling me why they're better than me.
- -Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive (10-19-06)
- This is the story of America. Everybody's doing what they think they're supposed to do.
- -Jack Kerouac, On the Road
- [O]n the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.
- -Douglas Adams
- Enough is abundance to the wise.
- Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
- -John F. Kennedy
- I find it unusual that it is more socially acceptable to complain about what you have than it is to ask for what you want.
- -Phil Lout
- If a triangle could speak it would say that God is eminently triangular.
- -Baruch Spinoza, Ethics
- Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.
- -Siddhartha Gautama
|This is a Wikiquote user page.
If you find this page on any site other than Wikiquote, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikiquote itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/User:Postmodern_Beatnik.