- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- To sign with a date, write four tildes (~~~~) and save.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Be bold.
Creating a page; "Dignity" article
I was looking and looking and couldn't find. The page "Dignity" in wikiquotes. I also couldn't quite understand why the page "Disability" has "dignity" and other concepts in its content, whereas those concepts can be separate pages and they have nothing to do with "disability" concept? Please look! Abuhar 00:40, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
- To answer your three questions:
- Some information on creating articles can be found in the links provided in the welcome message I posted to you. The most convenient means to create a theme article is by using the "Add new theme" input box in Help:Starting a new page. That help page is mentioned at the top of Wikiquote:How to edit a page, and that link is in the next-to-last bulleted suggestion in the welcome message. It may seem a bit indirect, but new editors really should read a little about Wikiquote before they start editing.
- There is no Dignity article here because no one has gotten around to creating it. This is not unusual for en:Wikiquote, which is a tiny community compared to en:Wikipedia.
- The Disability article appears to be horribly off-topic at this point. I just deleted the "Dignity" section because, as you said, its quotes had no obvious connection to the article subject. This is also a common problem for WQ. We have so few frequent editors who are committed to the principles of Wikiquote that they have a hard time keeping up with the irrelevant information that is often added to articles.
- Since we have no "dignity" article yet, you are welcome to create one. I would ask, however, that you first read the various pages mentioned in my welcome message to get a feel for what articles should contain and how they should be constructed. Wikiquote:Templates/Themes shows the basic structure of a theme article. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 04:13, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
Your account will be renamed
23:16, 17 March 2015 (UTC)