Hello, Ppale, and welcome to English Wikiquote.
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Thank you for your kind greeting and for correcting (formating and content) my first attempts at creating "Croatian proverbs". Two brief questions:
- you cleaned italic and bold formating from my original (copy from Coriscan). German, Italian and some others use italic and put proverbs in quotes. i find that this improves reading and looks better. Should I use some of other languages as "template" or should I stick with what you proposed ?
- what can I do for Croatian proverbs to be listed on the main page (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Main_Page) together with other languages under "Proverbs" paragraph ?
Thanks, Ppale 00:13, 13 August 2005 (UTC)
- Sorry for removing italics — that was a mistake. I've restored italics now on all quotes. You can take a look at the latest version of Croatian proverbs if you want. Re: Main Page: I think that the list of proverbs on the main page is pretty static. However, I am working (slowly, since I have limited time) on a "Featured article" idea which will feature selected articles on the main page for a month, based on a vote. Once this is created, you'll be able to nominate Croatian proverbs for featured article. ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 05:46, 13 August 2005 (UTC)
- Hi. I moved the origin of the page to the talk page, where meta-data belongs. Thanks ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 12:16, 14 August 2005 (UTC)
- I am very new to Wiki so my question for today is: what is the proper (and cnonvenient way) to communicate with a user of Wiki? Both, if this is something interesting for general public and if it is private, just a conversation between me and the person? --Ppale 12:29, 14 August 2005 (UTC)