User talk:Richard Allen
- Sorry I can't figure what you want. You created an article contained only "delete" tag. It wouldn't delete anything existing but only increase sysop work. I would like you to explain what you desired. Thank you. --Aphaia 20:48, 9 July 2005 (UTC)
Anyway, Hello, Richard Allen, and welcome to English Wikiquote.
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Richard, I see you created a well-organized list for place articles under Places. It's been nominated for deletion because a Wikimedia category, Category:Places, already exists. (Don't worry; these categories are relatively new to all of wikidom, so it's not an uncommon habit to create a theme or list article where a category would better serve.) Don't let this stop you from your growing contributions to Wikiquote. We're glad to have you here! — Jeff Q (talk) 01:34, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
Thanks for your interest Jeff. I wanted to create a Quote category for Place Themes, not just Places. But I don't understand yet how the WikiQuotes categories (or lists) fit with the Wikimedia ones. Where's it explained? Richard Allen 01:49, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I don't understand your question. An article about something that isn't a person or a work is effectively a theme article. What do you mean by "Place Themes" that does not correspond to "a collection of articles about places" (which is what Category:Places is)? As for Categories (often capitalized to distinguish Wikimedia categories from the general concept of "categories"), you can read about them at Wikipedia:Category and meta:Help:Category. — Jeff Q (talk) 03:59, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
Hi, would you know our recommended formatting? It is available on Wikiquote:Templates. And please avoid using h1 (= =). We don't use it in main namespace. Thank you! --Aphaia 02:28, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
Hi, Richard Allen, thank you for your contribution Isaac Rosenberg, I read it with a great pleasure, his works are very impressive. Can you provide bibliography to those works more closely? In which book they were first appeared and so on. Then we can credit it as "sourced" quotes. It is very helpful for readers to encourage their further readings. Cheers, --Aphaia 02:38, 10 July 2005 (UTC)