- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- To sign with a date, write four tildes (~~~~) and save.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Be bold.
I have deleted the set of pages that you created to contain a personal quote. You properly created a user page to include your own quotes, but then you inexplicably moved this page around through the Wikiquote article space, which is reserved for quotes from notable people and creative works. The result was very confusing:
- User:Salmankh redirected to Honesty
- Honesty redirected to Keeping away from complete imperfection
- Keeping away from complete imperfection redirected to Salman Khan
- Salman Khan redirected to Honesty.
I will assume this was simply a calamitous series of mistakes on your part. If you like, I can move the last version of this article back to your user page (where it started out). Let me know if you wish this. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 10:19, 7 August 2006 (UTC)
- Done. I must beg your forgiveness. When I first saw this highly unusual pattern of article moving, I'm afraid I thought it was a form of vandalism. (We've had a number of folks who engage in page-move vandalism.) Only belatedly did I suspect that you may just have been unsure of Wikiquote policies and procedures. I would recommend that you read some of the links I provided in my welcome posting for some basic information. Feel free to ask me any questions that arise. Thank you for your patience. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 08:47, 8 August 2006 (UTC)