Hi there please leave me a message dealing with the Wiki Projects--Seadog.M.S 21:03, 18 September 2006 (UTC)
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- To sign with a date, write four tildes (~~~~) and save.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Be bold.
Replies to your recent questions
Hello, I really enjoy your contributions to Wikiquote, I am a quote lover too. I have a question are you an Administrator on Wikipedia? And what does it take to become an administrator here and what do administrators do on Wikiquote, Oh yeah is your name a referance to the 10th incarnation of Vishnu. p.s an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind. My favorite quotes of Gandhi---Seadog.M.S 00:06, 23 September 2006 (UTC)
- Many things are keeping me busy at the current time, but unlike yesterday I at least have the time to make a few brief responses to your questions...
- I have never sought to be an administrator at Wikipedia, because my level of activity there does not really warrant it, and Wikiquote will probably always remain the Wikimedia project that I am most actively involved in. Though there are some periods where I can be actively engaged in editing only a short time each day, I do hope to continue to help building this compendium of quotations until it is one of the best that is available on the internet.
- To become an administrator at any of the Wikimedia projects it is usually a good idea to build up a solid body of work contributing to that project, usually for at least a few months, and then to either be nominated or to put in a request for administrator status at the Wikiquote:Requests for adminship page.
- On the name "Kalki", I have for many years been very aware of much of the lore associated with the name in Hindu, Buddhist and a few other traditions, but the syllables of the name were very significant to me for various reasons long before that, involving certain dreams and meaningful coincidences beginning in early childhood, and I had resolved to use them as a private name for myself without any conscious awareness that the name already had any significance to others. At this time, I really am not inclined to reveal much more than that about why it was so significant to me, but it was a name I have used to some extent for many years. I was pleased to gradually learn of some of the myths and associations that had developed through the ages around the name, but displeased at some as well, and only time will tell what ultimate significance it might eventually come to have, for me or for others. ~ Kalki 00:29, 25 September 2006 (UTC)