- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- Also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
I appreciate your efforts in creating the page on Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but I deleted it. Wikiquote policy does not allow quotations from forthcoming works. See Wikiquote:What Wikiquote is not, particularly the section "Wikiquote is not a crystal ball". --Ubiquity 20:51, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
- The qoutes I used on that page your from the trailer, what wroung with that (in fact I have seen some pages with qoutes from trailers on Wikiquote)? WHLfan 20:56, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
A reliable source would be a written, published account from someone who had seen the finished film. Trailers are not considered reliable because they often include material that is left out of the final film. You could change your article to be about the trailer itself, which would make it accurate, but no longer notable. If you are not convinced, I can restore the page and put it up for a formal vote for deletion, but I can promise you that every single time something like this has come up (for instance, two or three times for The Dark Knight), the vote has been unanimous to delete, based on the principle I cited. --Ubiquity 21:36, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
- Okay sorry (my bad), but would it be okay if I added those quotes to the main Indiana Jones page? -WHLfan 21:42, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
That's a good idea. Why don't you create a new section there for the Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer. Although I don't think the trailer deserves its own page, I don't think anyone would object to it on the Indy Jones page. When the film gets released, you can move the quotes to their own page. --Ubiquity 01:05, 15 February 2008 (UTC)
Your account will be renamed
23:38, 17 March 2015 (UTC)