Hello, WikiLubber, and welcome to English Wikiquote.
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Enjoy! (Dennys 17:52, 7 May 2009 (UTC))
Fair enough. No worries - just didn't think that Cameron's song was as memorable as other quotes. But your change works as well. Regards. ~ UDScott 15:16, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
Anytime. WikiLubber 19:04, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
By all means. It was only created because of a vandal. WikiLubber (talk) 20:38, 23 March 2014 (UTC)
- Hi WikiLubber, in response to this (implicit) request, your user-page has been deleted. -- Mdd (talk) 13:57, 12 May 2014 (UTC)
Removal of critical comments, and more
I noticed you removed the last two (critical) talkpage topics on the talk page. First:
- Thomas and Friends
- Apart from the uncivil edit summaries, I am a bit confused regarding the latest edit war on this page (of which you are a participant). How are the additions that were made in any way representative of a copyvio or vandalism? From what I see, the user attempted to add additional episodes with a number of quotes that does not exceed 2 per episode (the current accepted limit for such a tv show). Where is the problem? ~ UDScott (talk) 20:49, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
In removing this quote you commented in the editsumarry Too many quotes, and too much emphasis. Next you removed:
- Removal of standard hypertext links is an asinine form of censorship
- I believe strongly that removal of what are standard hypertext links on wikis for the convenience of people looking to explore the ranges of ideas upon it is asinine form of censorship. These links permit exploration of vast ranges of opinion to occur and prevent people falling into narrow forms of groupthink mentality which have been exploited throughout the ages by various forms of fascists, tyrants, frauds, and other damned fools. I hope that you are intelligent enough to be able to perceive that, and desist from such anti-social behavior in the future. So it goes… ⨀∴☥☮♥∵ॐ …Blessings. ~ ♞☤☮♌Kalki·†·⚓⊙☳☶⚡ 12:47, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
Afterwards you undid this comment , and after Kalki restored it, you undid it again with the comment Stop restoring what I don't need, vandal.
Now there are several other things:
- This last comment again raises the concern about uncivil edit summaries.
- As to this specific edit summary: Stop restoring what I don't need, the talk page works two ways. If critical comments are made, you have an (unwritten) obligation to give you opponent to talk it out.
- Regarding these edit summaries, in the last weeks or so, I have personally removed some extreme uncivil edit summaries with extreme comments on your previous edits.
- Now this seems to have escalated into an (unclear) Wikiquote:Requests for adminship/WikiLubber and an illegale restore of your userpage
Now hereby, I would like to ask you to reconsider your policy of removing critical comments from your talk page. I can warn you, that if you simply remove this comment again, I will simply recreate it at the Wikiquote:Administrators' noticeboard with the question if more appropriate action should be taken here. -- Mdd (talk) 12:03, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
- When I said: "Stop restoring what I don't need", I was undoing an IP address' edit. I thought it was a vandal trying to get back at me. WikiLubber (talk) 23:10, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks, your are right about the IP address, and the later edits proved you were right all along. It is clear that there is an opponent, who knows how to work the system. In the meantime I have also removed the Wikiquote:Requests for adminship/WikiLubber, which would do for now. Looking at your ongoing work fighting vandalism and trimming articles I am impressed by all your good work. Unfortunately, it´s inevitable that not always everybody agrees. Mdd (talk) 00:37, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
As requested, take a look at this page: Wikiquote:Votes for deletion. Not only does it contain current deletion discussions, but also the process is laid out for you. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. ~ UDScott (talk) 13:24, 28 August 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you. WikiLubber (talk) 16:08, 28 August 2014 (UTC)
Last words in Disney animated films
you can place a place a deletion Delete tag on Last words in Disney animated films but I would consider the other Fictional last words and Category:Last words that have "emphasis" as you say they seem to have a lot of quotes.