W. W. Hansen
|This scientist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- What can we sell them? Not our soul.
- Hansen writing to himself in his scrapbook while pondering about industrial sponsorship in university research work, as quoted by Peter Louis Galison, Bruce William Hevly, Contributor Peter Louis Galison (1992). Big science: the growth of large-scale research. Stanford University Press. p. 57. ISBN 0804718792.
- Good physics can be done if we have a good shop. ... Given a good shop and good measurement equipment a sound physicist can do wonderful work.
- as quoted by C. Stewart Gillmor (2004). Fred Terman at Stanford: building a discipline, a university, and Silicon Valley. Stanford University Press. p. 278-279. ISBN 0804749140.
About William Webster Hansen
- One of the most fertile and original men I have ever known. ... He was a rare combination, almost unique, of a theoretical physicist and a thoroughly practical engineer.