Wikiquote:Requests for adminship
Here you can make a request for adminship and other special user rights on English Wikiquote. See Wikiquote:Administrators for what this entails and for a list of current admins.
Current English Wikiquote policy is to grant administrator status to anyone who has been an active Wikiquote contributor for a while and is generally a known and trusted member of the community. Most users seem to agree that the more administrators there are the better.
Administrators should register a valid email address and allow other users to send them messages in preferences, or give an email address on their user page.
If you want to become an administrator, please use the box below, filling out all the required areas and replacing "USERNAME" with your user name. Any user can comment on your request -- they might express reservations (because, for example, they suspect you will abuse your new-found powers, or if you've joined very recently), but hopefully they will approve and say lovely things about you. If this is not your first RfA, put a 2 (or whatever number RfA it may be) after "USERNAME" in the box.
Once you have saved your RfA page, add it to the Nominations for adminship section. Adminship nominations must be posted for at least one week, to provide opportunity for comments and voting, before a bureaucrat will make the promotion if warranted.
For closed votes, see #Past discussions.
Current time is 21:29:38, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
Votes of confidence
Restricted access depends on the continued support of the community. This may be tested by a vote of confidence, in which a simple majority (50%+1) must support the user's continued access for it to be retained. (What access a discussion concerns should be explicitly noted in the discussion's introduction.) Any user may propose a vote of confidence, but at least three established users must support the need for one before it can be called.
In the case of a called proposal, the user may not use the restricted access for any non-trivial action at any time until the vote is closed. A bureaucrat will eventually archive the discussion and, if so decided, request removal of restricted access by a steward.
Nominations for adminship
Note: Nominations have to be accepted by the user in question. If you nominate a user, please also leave a message on their talk page and inform them about their listing on this page, and ask them to reply here if they accept the nomination. You may nominate yourself (in which case you have automatically accepted the nomination).
I have been editing on this site for well over a year now. Having recently become more active, I believe that the additional powers granted to admins would allow me to contribute even more to this site by blocking and cleaning up after vandals, and closing VfDs and PRODs.--Abramsky (talk) 12:23, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
- Candidate's acceptance: [Self-nom]
Vote ends: 26th June 2013
- Support: At the minute I feel like supporting. I think WQ requires more active admins and I get the impression that nom would be a good one!
You should get yourself a userpage, buddy! ~ RogDel (talk) 12:28, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Fine editor, sound judgement, and trustworthy. (It was Abramsky who first welcomed me on Wikiquote, so I am a bit biased here, but I really like what I see from him.) I believe he would be a good addition to WQ's admin team which, though exemplary, is not on 24h/day (and we need all the help we can get to fight vandalism and spam). In addition, his willingness to close old discussions is also a plus. Obvious support here. ~ DanielTom (talk) 16:02, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
- Support, positive contributor of content to the site. -- Cirt (talk) 18:04, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
Requests for checkuser
These are requests for the right to perform CheckUser actions, not requests that particular actions be performed, those are done on the noticeboard.
Please note that for a request to succeed in this section a minimum of 25 support votes is required in accordance with Meta policy.
Requests for bureaucratship
NB: Discussions in this section should last at least 14 days.
Requests for importing right
The import function allows editors to upload specially formatted text into Wikiquote, or to transwiki such material after it is exported from another Wikimedia project. Only a Meta steward can add or drop any user's importing right. After requests are approved here, they will be reported to m:Steward requests/Permissions.
Votes of confidence
See #Votes of confidence.
Requests for flag removal
This section is used for notification (and comment) only. To be effective, it should go to m:Steward requests/Permissions#Removal of access. Requests by the community will occur as #votes of confidence.
Administrators are marked with "(Sysop)" in the list of user accounts, bureaucrats with "(Bureaucrat)" and checkusers with "(Checkuser)". For information on administrators and bureaucrats, see Wikiquote:Administrators.
If you need to contact an administrator, post a message on WQ:AN or on the talk page of one or several of the userpages below. Administrators can also be contacted privately by using the "email this user" link on the page, if you have registered an email address of your own.
An automatically generated list of current administrators is available here.
The following users currently have sysop privileges on the English Wikiquote:
- Nanobug (inactive)
- Quadell (en, de-1, es-1) (inactive)
- Jeff Q (en, fr-2, de-2, es-1; will try to make sense of & reply in other languages) (inactive)
- Aphaia (ja, en-3, de-2, fr-1, it-1) (bureaucrat) (inactive)
- Rmhermen (inactive)
- jni (inactive)
- Iddo999 (inactive)
- MosheZadka (inactive)
- UDScott (en) (bureaucrat)
- Jaxl (inactive)
- LrdChaos (inactive)
- InvisibleSun (en, fr-2) (bureaucrat) (inactive)
- Fys (inactive)
- Cbrown1023 (en, es-2, zh-1) (inactive)
- Jusjih (zh, en-3, fr-1) (steward, import)
- BD2412 (en, fr-1, zh-CN-1) (bureaucrat)
- Ubiquity (inactive)
- Ningauble (en)
- EVula (en) (bureaucrat, checkuser)
- FloNight (inactive)
- RyanCross (en) (bureaucrat) (inactive)
- Cirt (en, es-2)
- Sketchmoose (en, la-2)
- Pmlineditor (bn, en-4, hi-3, most languages written in Indic script at 0.5/1 level)
- Mdd (nl, en-3, de-2, fr-1)