War of the Worlds (2005 film)
(Redirected from War of the Worlds (2005))
- For other uses, see The War of the Worlds (disambiguation).
- Directed by Steven Spielberg. Written by Josh Friedman, David Koepp, based on the novel by H.G. Wells.
- [first lines] No one would have believed, in the early years of the 21st century, that our world was being watched by intelligences greater than our own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns, they observed and studied, the way a man with a microscope might scrutinize the creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency, men went to and fro about the globe, confident of our empire over this world. Yet across the gulf of space, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic regarded our planet with envious eyes...and slowly, and surely, drew their plans against us.
- [last lines] From the moment the invaders arrived, breathed our air, ate and drank, they were doomed. They were undone, destroyed, after all of man's weapons and devices had failed, by the tiniest creatures that God in his wisdom put upon this earth. By the toll of a billion deaths, man had earned his immunity, his right to survive among this planet's infinite organisms. And that right is ours against all challenges. For neither do men live nor die in vain.
- [to Robbie] Okay, hey, enough of the "Ray" shit, alright! It's Dad, Sir, or, if you want, Mr. Ferrier. It sounds a little weird to me, but you decide.
- [to Robbie] You can hate me, but I love you!
- Two for you, two for Robbie, two for me... One for the house.
- [looking out at the teleporter's bolt of lightning] Where's the thunder...?
- Robbie, you wanna head in that direction?! There's nothing living in that direction, Robbie!
- We're gonna leave this house in 60 seconds.
- Can you think of a plan that doesn't involve your 10-year-old sister joining the army?
- Get in the car, Manny, or you're gonna die!
- Look at the goddamn birds!
- [as the family is chased by a tripod] Is it the terrorists?
- [just before the tripods appear] The trees are moving...
- [unseen] Are we still alive?
- [crying, and softly hitting him] Robbie! What are you trying to do?! Where are you trying to go?! Who's going to take care of me if you go?!
- Is it them? Is it them?!
- This is not a war any more than there's a war between "Men and Maggots"... This is an extermination.
- I'm dead set on living. [laughs, to himself] "Dead set on living".
- Reporter: Once the tripods start to move, no more news comes out of that area.
- Marine Corps Captain: Our mission Lieutenant, is to delay their advance until those refugees get to safety! Now keep firing!
- Marine Corps Officer: Guidons, Guidons, Black Six. Attack, attack, attack!
- National Guard Lieutenant: Load the Gustavs, this is gonna be a tough kill!
- Tim: (awkwardly) I'm.....uh.....I'm gonna wait outside.
- Mary Ann: You're out of milk. And everything else.
- Captured Army Private: Everybody, down!-[when explosion is about to occur]
- Mary-Anne: Take care of our kids.
- Ray: Mary-Anne, you've got nothing to worry about.
- Ray: [after a lightning flash] It's okay, you're fine.
- Rachel: IT HIT RIGHT BEHIND OUR HOUSE!
- Ray: Yeah... uh... it's not gonna hit there again, okay? Because lightning doesn't strike twice in the same- [lightning strikes the same place] HOLY SHIT!
- Robbie: Is it the terrorists?
- Ray: No... this came from someplace else.
- Robbie: What, you mean like Europe?
- Ray: (screaming) NO, ROBBIE! NOT LIKE EUROPE!
- Ray: Ketchup.. mustard.. Tabasco sauce.. vinaigrette.. This is good, Robbie, I told you to pack food. What the hell is this?
- Robbie: That's all that was in your kitchen.
- [When they're hiding in the house of their mother]]
- Rachel: I'm allergic to peanut butter.
- Ray: Since when?
- Rachel: Birth.
- Rachel: If everything's okay, why do we have to sleep in the basement? We have perfectly good beds.
- Ray: It's, like a slumber-party. [looks around] This is a nice basement...
- Rachel: I wanna sleep in my bed. I got back problems.
- Ray: Uh, well, you know how on the Weather Channel, when they say a tornado's coming and they tell you to go to the basement for safety? It's like that.
- Rachel: There's gonna be tornadoes?
- Ray: Okay, Rachel, no more talking.
- [Robbie puts his cap on Rachel's head.]
- Rachel: Could you be a little nicer to me, God?
- Reporter: Hey, were you on that plane?
- [Ray shakes his head]
- Reporter: Too bad. Would have made a great story.
- They're Already Here.
- This Summer, The Last War On Earth Won't Be Started By Humans.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|