What's Love Got to Do with It (film)
- Ike, Sr.: Hey, Anna Mae. Where you going? I need to get some sleep!
- Tina: Go straight to hell, Ike!
- Ike, Sr.: Eat the cake, Anna Mae.
- Tina: I'm ready. I'm ready and I know what I want.
- Ike, Sr.: Now, you listen to me. I MADE you. You were nothing before you met me, and you'll be nothing without me.
- Grandma Georgiana: Your mama had to go away for a while.
- Young Anna Mae: When is she coming back to get me?
- Grandma Georgiana: She ain't, honey. She just ain't.
- Jackie: [to Anna Mae] Lorraine was Ike's last gig. He's always booking ahead. Now, you watch yourself.
- Zelma: Now, Anne Mae. I know I wasn't around. But believe me, you were too young to know what was going on with your daddy and me.
- Tina: Did Alline understand? She ain't that much older than me.
- Zelma: Now, don't think you're going to come live in my house and make me feel bad.
- Judge: I want you to be very sure about this. This means you're going to walk out of here with absolutely nothing.
- Tina: Except my name. I'll give up all that other stuff, but only if I get to keep my name. I've worked too hard for it, your honor.
- Ike, Sr.: The name is mine. The name got my daddy's blood on it. If she want to go, she can go wherever she want to go, but the name stays home!