Nintendo is a multinational corporation founded on September 23, 1889 in Kyoto, Japan by Fusajiro Yamauchi to produce handmade hanafuda cards. In the mid-twentieth century, the company tried several small niche businesses, such as a love hotel and a taxi company. Over the years, it became a video game company, growing into one of the most powerful in the industry.
- "My Name is Reggie. I'm about kicking ass and taking names -- and We're about making Games."
- "A game that keeps a smile on the player's face is a wonderful thing. Nintendo's theme for 2006 will be 'Create new fun.' Spread the fun of games to everyone. To do this, we must return to the beginning, to recapture the essence that made people who enjoy games even now enjoy them in the first place."
- Shigeru Miyamoto, Famitsu
- "...I've never once been embarrassed that children have supported Nintendo. I'm proud of it. That's because children judge products based on instinct. Everyone wants to appeal to people's instincts, but it's not easy. That doesn't mean we're making products just for children. We believe that there's interactive entertainment that people in their 60s, 70s and 80s can enjoy, so we're doing various things."
- "Our competitors are always saying that Nintendo is just for children. To counter that, what we really need to do is explain to customers and potential customers [that we do not just make games for kids]."
Nintendo DS 
- "The DS represents a critical moment for Nintendo's success over the next two years. If it succeeds, we rise to the heavens, if it fails, we sink into hell."
- "I suppose I could give you a list of the technical specs. I believe you would like that, but I won't for a simple reason: they really don't matter."
- "We want to thank everyone who wrote good things about it the day you heard it—both of you."
- Reggie Fils-Aime. E3 2006
- Joking about the reaction to the Wii's name when it was first announced.
- "You say you want a Revolution?"
- Satoru Iwata, Nintendo E3 2005 Conference
- "Nintendo is the company which makes the most innovative products. I am not sure that I would be able to make games like that elsewhere. At Nintendo I can make the games which I want."
Here are the slogans on Nintendo (Slogans that Nintendo has used other than in English are also included):
- Now you're playing with power. (NES, 1985)
- Now you're playing with power. Super power. (SNES, 1991)
- Now you're playing with portable power. (Game Boy)
- É Nintendo ou nada! (SNES, 1993 Brazil)
- Play it loud! (SNES, 1994)
- 3-D game for a 3-D World (Virtual Boy)
- Get into it! (Game Boy Color, 1998)
- Vous n'en reviendrez pas (N64, France 1998)
- Feel Everything Everywhere (Game Boy Color, Europe 1999)
- Welcome to the future (N64, Europe 1999)
- Change the System (N64)
- Get N or get out. (N64)
- Life, Advanced. (Game Boy Advance, 2001)
- La vie est un jeu (GameCube, France 2002)
- Gamecube Born to play(GCN, USA)
- Life is a Game (GCN)
- Gaming 24:7 (Europe 2002)
- Touch Me!"Touchez-moi!" (DS, 2005)
- Pick up and play (DS, Europe 2005)
- Open up and play (DS, Europe 2005)
- Pour changer (Wii, France 2006)
- Playing = Believing (Wii, 2006)
- Wii would like to play. (Wii)
- Who are you? (Etats-Unis)
- Too much fun. (Canada)
- What will you and i do? (Nintendo DSi, 2009-present)
- Take a look inside. (3DS, 2011)
- Together. Better. (Wii U, 2012 Holiday)
- How U will play next. (Wii U, 2012)