|This is a discussion archivecreated in or until 2007, though the comments contained may not have been posted on this date. Please do not post any new comments on this page. See current discussion or the archives index.|
- Annoucements in 2007 (posted originally to Wikiquote:Community Portal
- December: Michael Davis and Erik Moeller resigned from Wikimedia Board of Trustees. There replacements are now being sought.
- December: Steward election ended, new stewards promoted. Among Wikiquotians, Jusjih is now a steward. Congrats!
- December: Ubiquity is now a sysop, supported unanimously. Congrats!
- November 26: meta:Stewards/elections_2007 and meta:Stewards/confirm begin (Rules).
- November 24: Ubiquity requests for sysop access.
- November 10: Wikiquote:Proposed deletion trial ended. Join the review to determine what happens next.
- October 10: Wikimania 2008, the 4th annual Wikimedia internatioanl conference will happen in Alexandria, Egypt.
- September 25 2007: Blocking policy is revised.
- September 22 2007: Sue Gardner, Special Adviser of Wikimedia Foundation announces the coming relocation of its office from Florida, USA to San Francisco Bay area, California, USA. Servers will remain in the current Tampa collocation, Florida. (Read more...)
- August 2007: Wikiquote as a whole has reached 70,000 articles.
- 19 August 2007: Italian Wikiquote has reached 5,000 articles.
- 3-5 August, 2007: In Taipei, Taiwan, Wikimania 2007 was held.
- 30 July 2007: Wikiquote:Assume good faith has been made official guideline.
- 20 July 2007: Wikiquote now has local CheckUser capability for investigating persistent, widespread vandalism or sockpuppetry. Please post requests for assistance at WQ:AN.
- 12 July 2007: Board Election results: Erik and Kat win and stay, Frieda joins the Board newly as replacement of Oscar. Thank you for your all cooperations for Election. All Board members' bios are available online.
- 7 July 2007: Voting in the Board Election closed.
- 17 June 2007: Board Election Candidates are now waiting for your endorsement. (Read more...)
- 10 June 2007: Wikimedia Board Election is now open.
- 3 June 2007: Our sister project, French Wikiquote reaches 500 article milestone. Congratulations!
- 3 June 2007: The bug on WQ:VP seems to be resolved. Recently such a loss of previous text has not repeated.
- 27 Mar 2007 : We have a mailing list, Wikiquote-l! You are invited to sign up for it and read the list information at mailing list page.
- 10 Mar 2007 : Wikiquote:Good entries is launched. Experienced users are invited to list their recommendations.