Wings (NBC TV series)
Wings (1989-1997) is a situation comedy , airing on NBC. The series took place at the airport in Nantucket, Massachusetts and focused on the life of Joe Hackett, a pilot who owned Sandpiper Air, a one-route airline that took passengers from Nantucket to mainlaid Massachusetts. Joe originally hoped to run it as a mom-and-pop business with his fiancee Carol working as ticket agent, but when Joe's careless brother Brian ran off with Joe's bride-to-be, it created a rift between the two which lasted for years. After the death of their father, his will brings the two together again.
- 1 Season 1
- 2 Season 2
- 2.1 The Puppetmaster [2.01]
- 2.2 The Story of Joe [2.02]
- 2.3 A Little Nightmare Music [2.03]
- 2.4 Sports & Leisure [2.04]
- 2.5 A Standup Kind of Guy [2.05]
- 2.6 It's Not the Thought, It's the Gift [2.06]
- 2.7 Hell Hath No Fury Like a Policewoman Scorned [2.07]
- 2.8 High Anxiety [2.08]
- 2.9 Friends or Lovers? [2.09]
- 2.10 There's Always Room for Cello [2.10]
- 2.11 A Terminal Christmas [2.11]
- 2.12 Airport '90 [2.12]
- 2.13 Love Is Like Pulling Teeth [2.13]
- 2.14 The Tennis Bum [2.14]
- 2.15 My Brother's Back - And There's Gonna Be Trouble [2.15]
- 2.16 Plane Nine From Nantucket [2.16]
- 2.17 Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places [2.17]
- 2.18 Love Means Never Having to Say Geronimo [2.18]
- 2.19 All in the Family [2.19]
- 2.20 Mother Wore Stripes [2.20]
- 2.21 Murder She Roast [2.21]
- 2.22 Duet for Plane and Cello [2.22]
- 3 Cast
- 4 External links
- Brian: You look a little tired.
- Joe: No, I'm fine.
- Brian: Hey, I know you Joe. You're the best pilot around but you're doing too much. You're running the office, you're flying the planes you keep this pace up you're gonna end up like Howard Hughes, locked in a hotel, sitting on Kleenex, sucking apple sauce through a straw.
- Lowell: Isn't that something. All that money and his hobbies are the same as mine.
- Brian: Really? He also used to collect toenail clippings and keep them in a mason jar.
- Lowell: This is uncanny.
- Joe: It never fails, every time I fly, I come back a little surer there's a god.
- Lowell: I go down to the dump and shoot rats.
Around the World in Eighty Years [1.02]
- Fay: Announcing the arrival of Sandpiper flight 18 from Boston, Massachusetts, the cradle of liberty. No, wait that's Philadelphia. The city with big shoulders, no that's Chicago. Gateway to the west, no. I know Boston's something.
- Roy: It just so happens I've been keeping an eye on him. He just sits there morning to night reading his paper, taking the occasional nap, minding his own business. I don't trust him.
- Brian: Quick Helen call the SWAT team there's a guy loose in the airport minding his own business.
- Joe: You ought to introduce yourself Brian, maybe he gives lessons.
Return to Nantucket (1) [1.03]
- Brian: That's it, it's over I'm doomed. Everything bad in the world always happens to me.
- Lowell: Plane's fixed.
- Brian: That's it, see all you have to do is keep a positive attitude.
- Fay: I just talked to the man upstairs.
- Lowell: You just talked to the man upstairs?
- Fay: Yes. Frank.
- Lowell: God's name is Frank?
- Fay: No--yes, that's right, Lowell.
Return to Nantucket (2) [1.04]
- Joe: Look what she is doing to us Brian. The last time she came between us we didn't speak for six years, now I don't want that to happen again do you?
- Brian: No.
- Joe: Now one of us has been up front with you. One of us has told you the truth and only one of us really cares about you.
- Brian: Just my luck it's you.
- Carol: Brian I'm so sorry if I hurt you. It's just I feel like I'm being torn apart. I mean half of me wants you and all the craziness that goes with you. But the other half wants Joe so strong and solid.
- Brian: [to Joe] You can have the half of her that cooks.
- Joe: How can you joke about this?
- Brian: Because it's what I do.
There Once Was a Girl from Nantucket [1.05]
- Brian: Joe, Joey, quitting time what's say we go get a couple of beers and scoop out the chickage.
- Joe: Chickage?
- Brian: You know chicks. Dames, babes, broads, skirts, honeys, honeys, honeys.
- Joe: I get it, I get it.
- Brian: You sure? 'Cause I know these 38 different euphemisms, more if you get into specific body parts.
- Joe: You must be very proud.
- Helen: A date?
- Brian: That's right, you've seen 'em on TV. Now have one of your very own.
All for One and Two for Helen [1.06]
The Puppetmaster [2.01]
- Helen: [to Joe] Don't pucker up like Dudley-Do-Right, just relax your lips.
The Story of Joe [2.02]
A Little Nightmare Music [2.03]
Sports & Leisure [2.04]
- [Helen, Joe, Brian and Fay come in soaked and miserable. Only one who is dry is Roy, who is laughing uproariously]
- Roy: I cannot believe you fell for that! You should have seen the looks on your faces when you dove in!
- Joe: [enraged] Gosh Roy, maybe there is a time to lighten up. I guess people tend to take it too seriously when they hear "Fire, fire, abandon ship!"
A Standup Kind of Guy [2.05]
It's Not the Thought, It's the Gift [2.06]
- Helen is watching old footage of her childhood. Brian is doing something then quickly gets restrained by Mrs. Hackett
- Helen: There goes Brian again!
- Joe: You know, the way my mother always yelled, until I was eight I thought his name was Brianstopit!
Hell Hath No Fury Like a Policewoman Scorned [2.07]
High Anxiety [2.08]
Friends or Lovers? [2.09]
- Joe: [to Helen] You're alluring and desirable... and something else and when I sleep you dance through the Netherlands.
There's Always Room for Cello [2.10]
- Joe: I played some ball in high school too.
- Roy: Played semi-pro myself. Had guys like you for lunch.
- Joe: [looking at Roy's belly] Must have had quite a few of them.
A Terminal Christmas [2.11]
Airport '90 [2.12]
Love Is Like Pulling Teeth [2.13]
- Helen has just undergone oral surgery
- Helen: Woe, dood u et da qillow?
- Joe: Pardon?
- Helen: Illow!
- Joe gets pillow
- Helen: Dank oo.
- Joe: Sorry, it is just a little hard to understand with your mouth stuffed with cotton. Could you just say for me "You have dishonored the Corleone family"?
- Helen: Ruck woo!
- Joe: No need to repeat, I got that one!
- Unbeknowst to Helen, Joe is hosting a college basketball party while she is asleep. Guys are cheering the Boston College-Providence College game which concludes. When Joe goes to check on Helen, she is gone
- Joe: Helen must have been sleepwalking! She could not have gotten far, she was there when I checked just before third period. Boston College, you guys look on the street; Providence College fans comb the beach!
- Partygoers go look for Helen; next morning Helen is back in bed and recovered
- Helen: Joe, I appreciate you taking care of me and willing to sacrfice watching the game with the guys.
- Joe: Hey, that is what being in a relationship is all about.
- Helen: I just had the weirdest dream that I was walking near the lighthouse and some guys led me home.
- Joe: Well, you know the doctor used some heavy anesthesia!
The Tennis Bum [2.14]
- Brian: I couldn't have possibly done it, either, because I was dressing a pig in the coach's wife's lingerie at the time.
- Joe: You were wearing lingerie or the pig was?
- Brian: I was. What do you take me for, a pervert?
- Lowell: Captain Jazzbo? You've murdered Captain Jazzbo!!! I'll see you fry for this, Biggins!
My Brother's Back - And There's Gonna Be Trouble [2.15]
Plane Nine From Nantucket [2.16]
Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places [2.17]
Love Means Never Having to Say Geronimo [2.18]
All in the Family [2.19]
- Joe: If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a wonderful Christmas.
Mother Wore Stripes [2.20]
Murder She Roast [2.21]
Duet for Plane and Cello [2.22]
- Tim Daly - Joe Hackett
- Steven Weber - Brian Hackett
- Crystal Bernard - Helen Chappel-Hackett
- David Schramm - Roy Biggins
- Rebecca Schull - Fay Cochran
- Thomas Haden Church - Lowell Mather
- Tony Shalhoub - Antonio Scarpacci
- Amy Yasbeck - Casey Chappel-Davenport
- Farrah Forke - Alex Lambert