Winnie the Pooh (film)
Winnie the Pooh is a 2011 American animated musical comedy film inspired by the A. A. Milne stories of the same name. The film is a reboot of Disney's Winnie the Pooh franchise and is the fifth theatrical Winnie the Pooh film released. The film is directed by Stephen Anderson and Don Hall, written by A. A. Milne and Burny Mattinson, produced by Peter Del Vecho, Clark Spencer, John Lasseter, and Craig Sost, and narrated by John Cleese. The film was distributed by Walt Disney Pictures and was released on April 15, 2011 in the United Kingdom, and on July 15, 2011 in the United States. The film also features six songs by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, as well as a rendition of the "Winnie the Pooh" theme song by actress and musician Zooey Deschanel.
- Tigger: Blugadeebloo!
[Tigger bounces Pooh]
- Pooh: A simple hello would do, thank you very much.
- Owl: Yes, well, the thing to do is as follows: First, issue a reward...
- Pooh: Gesundheit.
- Owl: I beg you pardon?
- Pooh: Well, you sneezed just as you were going to tell me what the first thing to do was.
- Owl: I didn't sneeze.
- Eeyore: Oh, you did, Owl.
- Owl: No, I didn't! You can't sneeze without knowing it!
- Pooh: Well, you can't know it without something haven't been sneezed.
- Owl: As I was saying, first: issue a reward...
- Pooh: [to Eeyore] He's doing it again. [to Owl] You must be catching a cold.
- Eeyore: [gloomily] I'll probably catch it too.
- Owl: [frustrated] No, no, no! I'm not catching a cold! The word is ISSUE, not AH-CHOO! And 'ah-choo' isn't even a word! It's just some sort of sneezy sound, like 'Ah-choo!'
- Pooh: Perhaps you should lie down, Owl.
- Owl: Oh! [hits himself on the forehead and falls over backwards]
- Pooh: Perhaps I could borrow some honey.
[Pooh's stomach growls]
- Pooh: Just a taste. A small lick, I should think.
- Christopher Robin: Silly old bear.
- [Pooh, Rabbit, Owl, Eeyore, Kanga and Roo are trapped in a hole and Piglet gets a rope - only to cut it up into six pieces]
- Piglet: And six! There! Now we can ALL get out!
- Pooh: How very thoughtful you are, Piglet.
- Rabbit: [loses patience] Good grief! Tie them together, Piglet! Can you tie a knot?
- Piglet: I cannot.
- Rabbit: Ah, so you CAN knot.
- Piglet: No. I cannot knot.
- Rabbit: [in disbelief] Not knot?
- Pooh: Who's there?
- Rabbit: Pooh!
- Pooh: Pooh who?
- Rabbit: No! Pooh... eh... Piglet, you'll need more than two knots.
- Owl: Not possible.
- Owl: Ah, so it IS possible to knot those pieces.
- Piglet: Not these pieces!
- Pooh: Yes. Knot those pieces.
- Piglet: Why not?
- Eeyore: 'Cause it's all for naught.
- Pooh: Have you ever had one of those days when you just can't win, Eeyore?
- Eeyore: Yup, I know how that feels.
- Pooh: [singing] 'Cause everything is honey, there's a honey Pooh / He's just made of honey so I guess I'll eat him too.
[he bites the honey Pooh's head off]
- Pooh: [to his tummy] Sounds like you're going to be mighty feisty today.
- Jim Cummings as Winnie the Pooh and Tigger
- Travis Oates as Piglet
- Tom Kenny as Rabbit
- Craig Ferguson as Owl
- Bud Luckey as Eeyore
- Jack Boutler as Christopher Robin
- Kristen Anderson-Lopez as Kanga
- Wyatt Hall as Roo
- Huell Howser as the Backson
- John Cleese as the narrator