- "...I was amazed how people would wear T-shirts at the windy corner of Portage and Main where the wind comes whistling off the plains. Seeing people wear T-shirts made me feel like a big pansy, I was in a big parka, and you'd see girls in little dresses going down the street. I couldn't understand it." Craig Ferguson from the Late, Late Show commenting on his time spent in Winnipeg in 2004 filming the movie Niagara Motel.
- "If you kids can't keep your hands to yourself, I'm gonna turn this car around, and there'll be no Cape Canaveral for anybody! [Nelson smacks the back of his head] THAT'S IT! BACK TO WINNIPEG!!" ~ A father warning his children who are playing around in the back of the car.
- The Simpsons 3F17 - "Bart On The Road"
- "Every salvage mission that's been to this system has disappeared. Even those old pirates out at Winnipeg Drift say it's cursed."
- The character Harper making a remark in EPISODE 112: The Mathematics of Tears in the TV series Andromeda
- "I could, remember when we were in Winnipeg? Six hours, I couldn’t go." Paul talking to Jamie about their dog who has to hold it in for hours while trapped in their apartment.
- "An Angel For Murray" (406) Mad About You
- "With the thermometer at 30 below zero and the wind behind him, a man walking on Main Street in Winnipeg knows which side of him is which."
- Stephen Leacock Source: My Discovery of the West, 1937
- “You've got to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from eastern Canada: people who live in ghettoes and who are not integrated into western Canadian society.”
- Stephen Harper, The Report newsmagazine, January 22, 2001