(Redirected from Woz)
- Steve Jobs doesn't use a Mac, and won't, because it's too crappy in his opinion.
- I went drinking with Gray Powell and all I got was a lousy iPhone prototype.
- On a T-shirt making fun of Powell's plight, after having lost a next-generation iPhone prototype, as reported in "Woz has fun with leaked iPhone T-shirt" at cnet news (23 April 2010)
5th HOPE conference (2004)
- Wherever smart people work, doors are unlocked.
- I also like to ride Segways. How much fun that is! Anybody think that's fun? I hope so... There's an awful lot of people in the world that sneer at Segways because other people are having fun. There must be something bad about it. But I always tell people, that hey, these Segways are so environmentally conscious. I carry four of them in the trunk of my Hummer.
- A lot of hacking is playing with other people, you know, getting them to do strange things.
- I'm surprised at the extent of the bigotry. But it really plays out when companies or schools take a side and prohibit the other platform at all. We Mac users should be good even when the other side is bad. We should do what we can to accept the other platforms. All the best people in life seem to like LINUX.
- Creative things have to sell to get acknowledged as such. Steve Jobs didn't really set the direction of my Apple I and Apple II designs but he did the more important part of turning them into a product that would change the world. I don't deny that.
- Some great people are leaders and others are more lucky, in the right place at the right time. I'd put myself in the latter category. But I'd never call myself a normal designer of anything.
- The transition to a GUI, and eventually to one close to a Macintosh, was a far greater step than refinements since. Some of these are just simple alternatives, which can't be over-valued due to increasing the complexity of having less consistency in how things are done. Others of these are more akin to rearranging the furniture. The great change was in becoming a modern GUI machine. In that sense, virtually every machine is a 'Macintosh' now.
- Explaining his comment that now "Every PC is a Macintosh", "Letters-General Questions Answered" p.105
- iWoz : Computer Geek to Cult Icon : How I Invented the Personal Computer, Co-Founded Apple, and Had Fun Doing It (2006)
- I never lie, even to this day. Not even a little. Unless you count playing pranks on people, which I don't. That's comedy. Entertainment doesn't count. A joke is different from a lie, even if the difference is kind of subtle.
- p. 12
- If you love what you do and are willing to do what it takes, it's within your reach. And it'll be worth every minute you spend alone at night, thinking and thinking about what it is you want to design or build. It'll be worth it, I promise.
- p. 300
- Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window.
Quotes about Wozniak
- Did you really invent the computer, or am I being pranked right now?