Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
(The game's opening scene)
- King Harikin: Zelda, Duke Onkled is under attack from the evil forces of Ganon! I'm going to Gamelon to aid him.
- Zelda: But father, what if something happens to you?
- King Harikin: I'll take the Triforce of Courage to protect me! If you don't hear from me in a month, send Link.
- Zelda: Impa!
- Impa: Don't worry, Zelda. The Triforce of Wisdom promises the King will safely return!
- King Harikin: Enough! My ship sails in the morning. I wonder what's for dinner?
- Link: OH BOY! I'm so hungry, I could eat an OCTOROK!
(The screen flashes: "ONE MONTH LATER")
- Zelda: (sighs) A whole month gone, and still no word!
- Impa: I'm certain he's all right!
- Link: YEAH! That old Ganon's no match for the King!
- Zelda: Link, go to Gamelon and find my father.
- Link: GREAT! I can't wait to bomb some Dondongos!
(The screen flashes again: "LATER STILL". Impa is shown sleeping.)
- Zelda: Wake up, Impa. We're going to Gamelon!
- Impa: (yawns) All right, dear. I'll get the Triforce of Wisdom.
(The game's closing sequence. Zelda enters Ganon's lair.)
- Ganon: You DARE bring LIGHT to my LAIR? YOU MUST DIE!
(Zelda throws the Wand of Gamelon at Ganon, and magical chains appear to bind him)
- Ganon: ARRRRGH! The chains! NOOOO! You haven't seen the last of ME!
(He is imprisoned in a magical book. Zelda goes forward and frees her father.)
- Zelda: Father!
- King Harikin: You saved me!
(A Spaniard enters)
- Spaniard: Here's the traitor, your majesty!
- Duke Onkled: Please, Your Omnipotence-have mercy!
- King Harikin: After you've scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule, THEN we can talk about mercy! Take him away!
- Spaniard: Yes, my liege.
- Zelda: I wonder what happened to Link?
- Lady Alma: Oh, he was a bore anyway!
(Zelda takes the mirror Lady Alma holds)
- Zelda: Stop looking at yourself!
(She throws the mirror. It breaks, and Link is magically released.)
- Link: What happened?
- Zelda: Nothing, Link. We were just going to have a feast!
- Link: GREAT!
(Zelda and King Harikin laugh hysterically, and the game ends)