Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
(The game's opening scene)
- King Harkinian: Zelda, Duke Onkled is under attack from the evil forces of Ganon. I'm going to Gamelon to aid him.
- Zelda: But father, what if something happens to you?
- King Harkinian: I'll take the Triforce of Courage to protect me. If you don't hear from me in a month, send Link.
- Zelda: Impa!
- Impa: Don't worry, Zelda. The Triforce of Wisdom promises the King will safely return.
- King Harkinian: Enough! My ship sails in the morning. I wonder what's for dinner?
- Link: Oh boy! I'm so hungry, I could eat an octarock!
(The screen flashes: "ONE MONTH LATER")
- Zelda: (sighs) A whole month gone, and still no word.
- Impa: I'm certain he's all right.
- Link: Yeah! That old Ganon's no match for the King!
- Zelda: Link, go to Gamelon and find my father.
- Link: Great! I can't wait to bomb some Dondongos!
(The screen flashes again: "LATER STILL". Impa is shown sleeping.)
- Zelda: Wake up, Impa. We're going to Gamelon!
- Impa: (yawns) All right, dear. I'll get the Triforce of Wisdom.
(The game's closing sequence. Zelda enters Ganon's lair.)
- Ganon: You dare bring light to my lair? You must die!
(Zelda throws the Wand of Gamelon at Ganon, and magical chains appear to bind him)
- Ganon: Argh! The chains! No! You haven't seen the last of Me!
(He is imprisoned in a magical book. Zelda goes forward and frees her father.)
- Zelda: Father!
- King Harkinian: You saved me!
(A Hyrule retainer enters)
- Retainer: Here's the traitor, your majesty!
- Duke Onkled: Please, Your Omnipotence, have mercy!
- King Harkinian: After you've scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule, Then we can talk about mercy! Take him away!
- Retainer: Yes, my liege.
- Zelda: I wonder what happened to Link.
- Lady Alma: Oh, he was a bore anyway!
(Zelda takes the mirror Lady Alma holds)
- Zelda: Stop looking at yourself!
(She throws the mirror. It breaks, and Link is magically released.)
- Link: What happened?
- Zelda: Nothing, Link. We were just about to have a feast!
- Link: Great!
(Zelda and King Harkinian laugh hysterically, and the game ends)