1917 (2019 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Time is the enemy. (taglines)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- "There is only one way to this war ends. Last man standing."
- Corporal Blake: Sir, the general is sure the enemy have withdrawn. There are aerials of the new line that–
- Lieutenant Leslie (exasperated): Shut up, We've fought and died over every inch of this fucking place! Now they suddenly give us miles? It's a trap! [Pause] But chin up, there's a medal in it for sure. Nothing like a scrap of ribbon to cheer up a widow.
- Time is the enemy.
- Once I'd had the idea that it was two hours of real time, it seemed like a natural thing to lock the audience together with the central characters in a way that they gradually began to realize, consciously or unconsciously, they couldn't get out of, it operates more like a ticking-clock thriller, in a way, and so to experience every second passing with the men seemed like a great idea.
- Sam Mendes, 'It Was Part Of Me': Director Sam Mendes On The Family History In '1917' (December 21, 2019)
- George MacKay — Lance Corporal Will Schofield
- Dean-Charles Chapman — Lance Corporal Tom Blake
- Mark Strong — Captain Smith
- Andrew Scott — Lieutenant Leslie
- Benedict Cumberbatch — Colonel Mackenzie