A Boy Named Charlie Brown
(Redirected from A Boy named Charlie Brown)
- Lucy Van Pelt: Aren't the clouds beautiful? They look like big balls of cotton. I could just lie here all day and watch them drift by. If you use your imagination, you can see lots of things in the cloud's formations. What do you think you see, Linus?
- Linus Van Pelt: Well, those clouds up there look to me look like the map of the British Honduras on the Caribbean. [points up] That cloud up there looks a little like the profile of Thomas Eakins, the famous painter and sculptor. And that group of clouds over there... [points] ...gives me the impression of the Stoning of Stephen. I can see the Apostle Paul standing there to one side.
- Lucy Van Pelt: Uh huh. That's very good. What do you see in the clouds, Charlie Brown?
- Charlie Brown: Well... I was going to say I saw a duckie and a horsie, but I changed my mind.
- Lucy Van Pelt: [Walks into Linus's bedroom and raises the shade] Wake up Linus. It's time to go to school.
- Linus Van Pelt: Again?
- Lucy Van Pelt: What do you mean 'again'?
- Linus Van Pelt: [Snuggles back into bed] I went yesterday.
- Lucy Van Pelt: Mom's already made your lunch.
- Linus Van Pelt: [Sits up in bed, sighs] Guess I might as well go to school. I can't waste a good lunch.
- Charlie Brown: The word is "beagle"?
- Violet: Oh boy! That's an easy one. That's his dog! He'll get that one easy.
- Patty: Charlie Brown is a threshold of being a champion speller!
- Charlie Brown: Beagle.
- [Snoopy points to himself while jumping up and down]
- Charlie Brown: Beagle.
- Linus Van Pelt and Snoopy: Yay! Yay! Yay!
- Charlie Brown: B-E-A-G-E-L. Beagle.
- [Everyone, including Linus and Charlie Brown screams in disbelief]
- Lucy Van Pelt: [Turns the TV off] Owning 10% of Charlie Brown is like owning 10% of nothing! [Turns the TV on] Charlie Brown, you-you make me mad! [Turns the TV off]
- Charlie Brown: I've never gone through anything like that in my life. I never knew I could be so stupid. I never knew I had so many faults. I never felt so completely miserable.
- Lucy Van Pelt: Wait until you get my bill.
- Violet: [noticing that Charlie Brown will volunteer for a spelling bee] You?! Volunteer for a spelling bee?! [laughs]
- Lucy: Charlie Brown, you'll just make a fool of yourself!
- Patty: Besides that, you're Bound to be a complete failure!
- [the girls sing "Failure Face"]
- Linus Van Pelt: Life is difficult, isn't it, Charlie Brown?
- Charlie Brown: Yes, it is. But I've developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.
- Linus Van Pelt: You know, Charlie Brown, they say we learn more from losing than from winning.
- Charlie Brown: Then that must make me the smartest person in the world.
- Linus Van Pelt: Well, I can understand how you feel. You worked hard, studying for the spelling bee, and I suppose you feel you let everyone down, and you made a fool of yourself and everything. But did you notice something, Charlie Brown?
- Charlie Brown: What's that?
- Linus Van Pelt: The world didn't come to an end.
- Peter Robbins - Charlie Brown (voice)
- Pamelyn Ferdin - Lucy Van Pelt (voice)
- Glenn Gilger - Linus Van Pelt (voice)
- Andy Pforsich - Schroeder (voice)
- Sally Dryer - Patty (voice)
- Ann Altieri - Violet (voice)
- Erin Sullivan - Sally (voice)
- Lynda Mendelson - Frieda (voice)
- Christopher DeFaria - Pig-Pen (voice)
- Bill Melendez - Snoopy (voice)
- Hilary Momberger - Sally Brown (voice)