Alice Roosevelt Longworth
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- He looks as though he's been weaned on a pickle.
- On Calvin Coolidge, as quoted in The Washington Post (21 October 1924).
- The little man on the wedding cake.
- If you can't say something good about someone, sit right here by me.
- As quoted in TIME (9 December 1966) - photograph of her with a pillow bearing the quotation
- If you haven't anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me.
- If you haven't something good to say about someone sit right here by me.
- I have a simple philosophy. Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. And scratch where it itches.
- As quoted in The Best (1974), edited by Peter Passell and Leonard Ross.
- I've always believed in the adage that the secret of eternal youth is arrested development.
- As quoted in Alice, The Life and Times of Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1979) by Howard Teichmann, p. 237.
- I valued my independence from an early age and was always something of a individualist … Well, a show-off anyway.
Quotes about Longworth
- I can be President of the United States, or I can control Alice. I cannot possibly do both.