American Israel Public Affairs Committee
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) is an American lobbying group that advocates for a strong relationship between the United States of America and Israel.
- The friendship between Israel and the United States is a great asset to our country. And AIPAC is a great advocate for this vital relationship.
- Congress is 'terrorized' by AIPAC... In practice, the lobby groups function as an informal extension of the Israeli government.
- Paul Findley (Congressman 1961-1982), They Dare to Speak Out (1985).
- Perhaps the most apt description of the power of AIPAC has been provided by Eric Alterman, who argues: Without a doubt, AIPAC is the most powerful ethnic lobby to emerge in recent American history.
- Nicholas Laham (2004) Crossing the Rubicon: Ronald Reagan and US Policy in the Middle East.
- Thank you for being here. AIPAC's work on behalf of America and Israel is valuable and important. With friends like you, Israel, and American interests in the Middle East, are well served. Thank you.
- AIPAC has a long and commendable record of promoting the unique relationship that exists between the United States and Israel. Both countries are better for your efforts, and so I thank and congratulate you for all you have done over the years.
- The American Israeli [sic] Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) exists for the purpose of lobbying Congress to support Israeli governmental policies and actions. These oligarchies have persistently reduced Israel to their ideological preferences by ignoring its critical opposition.
- Adrienne Rich (2010) A Human Eye: Essays on Art in Society, 1997-2008. p. 166.