- 1 Quotes
- 1.1 White Music (1978)
- 1.2 Go 2 (1978)
- 1.3 Drums and Wires (1979)
- 1.4 Black Sea (1980)
- 1.5 English Settlement (1982)
- 1.6 Mummer (1983)
- 1.7 The Big Express (1984)
- 1.8 Skylarking (1986)
- 1.9 Oranges & Lemons (1989)
- 1.10 Nonsuch (1992)
- 1.11 Through The Hill (with Harold Budd) (1994)
- 1.12 Apple Venus Volume 1 (1999)
- 1.13 Wasp Star (Apple Venus Volume 2) (2000)
- 2 External links
- I wonder wonder why the wonder falls
I wonder why the wonder falls on me
I wonder wonder why the wonder falls
With everything I touch and hear and see
- Theme song to Wonderfalls (2004).
White Music (1978)
- I leaned right over to kiss your stoney book
A little jealous of the ships with whom you flirt
A billion lovers with their cameras
Snap to look and in my fantasy
I sail beneath your skirt
- "Statue of Liberty".
- Everybody eats something
But you won't eat me
You won't get me on your plate
Or have me over for tea
Everybody lives somewhere
Mud hut or igloo
But what I got is the hottest spot
And it's away from you
- "Life is Good in the Greenhouse".
Drums and Wires (1979)
- Now I lay me down to sleep
Knowing that your lenses peep
Now I eat my daily bread
And into the tape spool I'll be fed
- "Reel By Real".
- It's in the order of their hedgerows
It's in the way their curtains open and close
It's in the look they give you down their nose
All part of decency's jigsaw I suppose
Sunday church and they look fetching
Saturday night saw him retching over our fence
Bang the wall for me to turn down
I can see them with their stern frown
As they dispense the kind of look that says
- "Respectable Street".
English Settlement (1982)
- And all the world is football shaped,
It's just for me to kick in space,
And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste,
And I've got one, two, three, four, five
Senses working overtime,
Trying to take this all in,
I've got one, two, three, four, five
Senses working overtime,
Trying to taste the difference,
'Tween the lemons and limes,
The pain and the pleasure,
And the church bells softly chime.
- "Sense Working Overtime".
- For a heart without love is a song with no words
And a tune to which no one is listening
So your heart must give love and you'll find that
You shine like rain on the leaves you'll be glistening.
- "Beating of Hearts".
- Other lands became a larder full of all the good things
All we had to do was go and take
Blood the colour of the rain that grew our wicked harvest
Black the colour icing on our cake
- "Human Alchemy".
- We stole their babes and mothers, chiefs and braves
Although we held the whip, you knew we were
The real slaves
To alchemy, human alchemy.
- "Human Alchemy".
- Now that I'm out and I'm shouting in doorways
Freed from a love more like murder
I should be singing but in liberation
Feel like a ship with no rudder.
- "Me And The Wind".
The Big Express (1984)
- I say I like your coat
Her thank-you tugs my heart afloat
I nearly didn't hear for
Seagulls screaming kiss her, kiss her
- "Seagulls screaming kiss her, kiss her".
- Will you tell them about that far off and mythical land
And how a child to the virgin came?
Will you tell them that the reason why we murdered
Everything upon the surface of the world
Is so we can stand right up and say we did it in his name?
- "This World Over".
- Reign of blows cascading down upon your shoulders
Far too many men dressed up as soldiers
The lamb is brought to the ground
Under the weight of the Crown
A crown of thorns and dark deeds
The swastika and the hammer and sickle
Are symbols that reap only weeds
- "Reign of Blows".
- Ballet for a rainy day
Silent film of melting miracle play
Dancing out there through my window
To the backdrop of a slow descending grey
- "Ballet For A Rainy Day".
- The man who sailed around his soul
From East to West, from pole to pole
With ego as his drunken captain
Greed, the mutineer, had trapped all reason in the hold
- "The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul".
- Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but...
I feel that I should be heard loud and clear.
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
And all the people that you made in your image,
See them fighting in the street
'Cause they can't make opinions meet about God,
I can't believe in you.
- "Dear God".
Oranges & Lemons (1989)
- Well I don’t know how many pounds make up a ton,
Of all the nobel prizes that I’ve never won,
And I may be the mayor of simpleton,
But I know one thing,
And that’s I love you.
- "The Mayor of Simpleton".
- I believe the printed word is more than sacred
Beyond the gauge of good or bad
The human right to let your soul fly free and naked
Above the violence of the fearful and sad
- "Books Are Burning".
- Children thrown from heaven
see the peacock's jealous tremble
stars congeal into instructions
showing how the sky is opened
and spread down like a bedsheet
- "Well for the Sweat of the Moon".
Apple Venus Volume 1 (1999)
- I had a dream where the car is reduced to a fossil
I had a dream where the car is reduced to a fossil
Take a packet of seeds, take yourself out to play
I want to see a river of orchids where we had a motorway
- "River of Orchids.
- I'd smile so much my face would crack in two
Then you could fix it with your kissing glue
I'd like that
Yes, I'd like that
- "I'd Like That".
- Now that I can see it's the queen's new clothes
Now that I can hear all your poison prose
Now that I can talk with my tongue unfroze
I'm not so sure of Santa or the buck tooth fairy
There are no words for me inside your dictionary
- "Your Dictionary".
Wasp Star (Apple Venus Volume 2) (2000)
- Brain gets bent, heart gets broken
You can't jump off once the pages turn
School is out but never over
That's the only lesson you can learn