Angelina Ballerina: The Next Steps
Angelina Ballerina: The Next Steps is a British-American musical CGI animated television series that premiered on September 5, 2009 on PBS Kids in the United States. It is a continuation of the Angelina Ballerina television series from 2001–2006; both series are in turn based on the Angelina Ballerina series of children's books by Katharine Holabird, the author and Helen Craig, the illustrator.
Series 1 (2009–10)
Angelina's New Home / Angelina's New School [1.1]
Angelina's New Ballet Teacher / Angelina's Dance Partner [1.2]
- [In Ms. Mimi's class]
- Ms. Mimi: Now wiggle your nose.
- [Ms. Mimi and the class in the classical music dance while bending down to their toes wiggle their noses. Ms. Mimi goes first bending down to her toes and wiggling her nose]
Angelina's Gift for Ms. Mimi / Angelina's Oldest Friend [1.3]
- Angelina: [after the gift, decorations and birthday cake got ruined] No gift, no decorations, and no cake! [between sobs and before crying] Not a very good birthday party. [cries]
- [The scene cuts to where Angelina, Viki, Gracie, and Marco are staring at the ruined birthday cake that Marco just made. Now they end up with no gift, no decorations, and no cake/treats/baked goods to share]
- Angelina: We can't have a birthday party without a cake!
- [Angelina, the girls and Marco know that they're too late to make or buy a new cake; as there's no time to make nor buy a new one. They also have no decorations nor present either. It turns out to be ruined. However, before they give up, Polly hatches a plan]
- Polly: [running up to Angelina, Marco, Viki, and Gracie; then whips out her untouched and uneaten leftover muffin from her bag] We can (always) use my muffin as a cake.
- [Polly knows she always has back-ups with plans if she has any whenever something goes wrong]
- Angelina: [takes the muffin from Polly as she has suggested to celebrate with Polly's "treats"] Thanks Polly.
- [So therefore, Polly's "treats" are served. The kids are set to have Polly's treats which are the muffins that she, Angelina, and their mom had made. The "birthday treat" is Polly's treats instead of cake]
- Gracie: Here's your card. [hands Ms. Mimi her birthday card]
- Viki: We drew it ourselves.
- Polly: [sets out Ms. Mimi's birthday "cupcake"; which is actually a muffin with a birthday candle] And here is your cake. [notes that it's really a muffin; and looks at it half sadly] Well, sort of.
- [The mouselings and Ms. Mimi have Polly's treats; muffins instead of cake. However, Polly did say it was "sort of" like a cake/cupcakes]
- [The others --Gracie, Vicki, and Marco-- have heard the word "crickets" from Alice. Then they perform the chant "The Camembert Cheer".]
- Gracie, Vicki, and Marco: [chanting] Pirouette left, pirouette right!
- Alice: Now what are they doing?
- Angelina: The Camembert Cheer!
- Gracie, Vicki, and Marco: [chanting] Tap your toes with all your might!
- Alice: That's not fair! I was going to read my story!
- Angelina: I know. But..!
- [Gracie, Vicki, and Marco are trying to do the "Camembert Cheer" which was taught by Ms. Mimi on them even though they should know that it is Alice's turn.]
- Gracie, Vicki, and Marco: [still chanting] Crouch like a cricket, then ready, steady, hop!
- Camembert kids never--
- Alice: [screams out a big, long, "STOP"; with her head shaking violently] STOPPPPP!!!
- [The others stop chanting.]
- Alice: IT'S...! MY...! TURN!!!
Angelina and the Hip Hop Kid / Angelina and the Broken Fiddle [1.4]
Angelina and Alice's Big Night / Angelina and the Giant [1.5]
Angelina's Musical Day / Angelina's Crazy Solo [1.6]
- Mrs. Mouseling: And what role are you, Angelina?
- Angelina: I'm the bird, mom. I'm playing the flute.
- Polly: What kind of fruit? I love bananas, but they don't do any sound.
- Angelina: Not fruit, Polly, a flute.
- Polly: And don't play the fruit instead of a flute.
- Angelina: Is Gracie okay?
- Marco: She's quackers.
- Angelina, Gracie, Marco, and Viki: Good morning, Ms. Mimi!
- Ms. Mimi: [points at her throat]
- Viki: She's trying to say something.
- Ms. Mimi: [writes in her notebook]
- Angelina: It says she lost her voice.
- Gracie: If Ms. Mimi lost her voice...
- Marco: Oh no.
- Ms. Mimi: [gestures that she doesn't know]
- Angelina: [about Ms. Mimi calling everyone with music] It's gonna go on all morning.
Angelina and the Irish Jig / Angelina En Pointe [1.7]
- Gracie: Sorry, Angelina, I did my best to stop her.
- Viki: Stop me?
- Gracie: No.
- Viki: I was right all along. There is something going on, and I was coming here to say sorry to you. [cries]
- Angelina: Vici, I'm really sorry for what I did to your music.
- Viki: Then why are you always whispering about me and making silly secret plans?
- Angelina: Because I wanted to make a surprise Irish party for you to say a really big sorry.
- Viki: So that's what all the whispering and planning was about?
- Angelina: Uh-huh.
- Viki: Well, I'm sorry now.
Angelina and the Rock Band / Angelina's Lost Ice Skates [1.8]
- Angelina: [after waking up] Polly, am I dreaming or is the ice skate show really today?
- Polly: It's really, really, really today!
- Angelina: How do I look?
- Alice: Perfect. How about me?
- Polly: Double perfect.
- Mrs. Mouseling: Hang on a minute, girls. Now you have a busy day ahead of you. You need to keep track of your time and your things.
- Angelina: Don't worry, mom. We'll be the responsible mouselings of all in Mouse Land.
- Mrs. Mouseling: Do you have everything you need?
- Angelina: Not at all.
- Mrs. Mouseling: How about these?
- [Polly reveals the lunch bags and Angelina gets them]
- Angelina: Oops.
- Mrs. Mouseling: Ahem. And these?
- [She reveals the ice skates and Alice gets them]
- Alice: Double oops.
- Angelina: [after seeing her and Alice's lunches being gobbled by birds] Sorry, I didn't know birds really like jam sandwiches.
- Angelina: Oh no, oh no, on no!
- Alice: Oh what?
Angelina and the New Music Store / Angelina and Ms. Mimi [1.9]
- [As Angelina still raps --from the drum-- Ms. Mimi --as Angelina keeps going-- gets upset.]
- Ms. Mimi: Angelina...? ANGELINA...?!
- [Angelina pauses and Ms. Mimi's shadow hovers over her.]
- Ms. Mimi: COME AND SEE ME AFTER SCHOOL PLEASE!
- [As Ms. Mimi says this, Angelina knows that she is in big trouble.]
- [The scene --after the lunchtime theater where Marco, Gracie, and Vicki were-- then cuts to Ms. Mimi's classroom. Angelina has to stay after school and she's in the classroom. That afternoon --after school-- Ms. Mimi has asked Angelina to stay after school for after school detention because Angelina was talking in class. Ms. Mimi is disciplining Angelina. In other words: "The scene cuts to where Ms. Mimi is issuing Angelina with her after school detention". Angelina is seen in Ms. Mimi's classroom. She was making noises like the drum after being asked for quiet. So it cuts to where Angelina is in after school detention. She --sitting on a time-out chair-- is facing Ms. Mimi in front of her desk.]
- Ms. Mimi: [angrily to Angelina; she is angry and surprised about Angelina's continuous unruly and disruptive behavior even though she asked for quiet] So, when I asked for quiet, Angelina...! [she then expects answers from Angelina] ...I really do expect to get it! I am surprised!
- Angelina: [apologizing Ms. Mimi for talking in class] I am sorry, Ms. Mimi.
- [But even though Angelina apologizes --for her unruly behavior which was talking and Ms. Mimi asked for quiet but she did not listen-- she knows that it sometimes does not cut it. Really, she's still in trouble. Because in reality, if one apologizes, sometimes it does not allow them to get away with being punished. Sometimes it doesn't and therefore, they still have to pay the consequence. That means they must be accountable for their actions. In this case --like for Angelina who talked in class-- she has to stay after school and see Ms. Mimi to do after school detention. Possibly for a whole week and no drum day on said day. So --as a result-- Angelina is --in fact-- still in trouble. She still did something in class that she was not supposed to do. It was on purpose; not only on purpose but also a big no-no. So her "apology" does not work and she's still considered a wrongdoer --according to Ms. Mimi-- and must be punished or disciplined. Additionally, she --by extension-- is also held responsible for talking and disrupting in class. Although her after school detention was not seen, she still was assigned it by Ms. Mimi for being disruptive even though Ms. Mimi asked for quiet. Now Angelina has it for a whole week and she gets no drum day the next day or in other words, "not this year". From this point, Angelina's "after school detention week" with Ms. Mimi --after school-- starts, and starting today.]
Angelina and Super Polly / Angelina's Dance Like a Cake Day [1.10]
Angelina's Sleepover / Angelina's Noisy, Messy Lunchtime [1.11]
- [Angelina tries to talk her mom into letting her and Gracie and Vicki have a sleepover. Mrs. Mouseling is playing cards with Polly]
- Angelina: [asks her mother about a sleepover] Please, can Gracie and Viki sleep over? Please? Please?
- [Mrs. Mouseling is playing cards with Polly. Then she turns to Angelina]
- Mrs. Mouseling: [to Angelina] Oh, Angelina? [trying to warn Angelina that a sleepover might not be a good idea for if Angelina does have a sleepover, it must not be called a "sleepover" because no one sleeps] Are you sure that a sleepover is a great idea?
- Angelina: Why not?
- Mrs. Mouseling: [tells Angelina why a sleepover might not be a such good idea] Well, because for one thing, they should NEVER even be called "sleepovers", since no one ever sleeps.
- [The scene cuts to daytime. When morning comes, Mrs. Mouseling turns on the light in the attic and wakes up Angelina, Vicki, and Gracie. She says a big, long "RISE AND SHINE!" in a singy-songy tone. Her "Rise and shine!" command in a singy-songy tone to the girls echoes through the attic window.]
- Mrs. Mouseling: [sing-songy] ♪ RISE AND SHINE (GIRLS)! ♪
- [The girls are too tired since they were up all night]
- Mrs. Mouseling: Oh dear. You girls must have been up very, very late.
- Angelina: Look, I think we broke lamp.
- Mrs. Mouseling: Luckily the lamp isn't broken. But you did break your promise.
- Angelina: We forgot, Mom. I did break my promise. And I am really, truly, sorry.
- [The scene then cuts to Angelina's school. Angelina, Gracie, and Vicki get back to school and end up extremely tired since the night before]
- Angelina: [narrating] I am not just sorry...! BUT (ALSO) SO SLEEPY! Things are not looking very good.
- Ms. Mimi: [about the girls being late for class] You girls are late.
- Angelina, Gracie and Vicki: Sorry, Ms. Mimi.
- Ms. Mimi: I hope you have learned your double pirouettes, Angelina.
- [To practice for the performance which is the next day, Ms. Mimi plays the song on the radio]
- Ms. Mimi: The only dance you can do on this stage is "Sleeping Beauty". So I am going to have to ask you three to go home and go straight to bed. [tells the girls how they are going to make up] We can have a make up rehearsal later this afternoon.
- Gracie: [mentions that she and Angelina and Viki have the fair; the Silly Hat Carnival. And she knows that she and the others may have to miss it since they have an afternoon rehearsal for a make up rehearsal] But, that is when the carnival starts...!
- Ms. Mimi: Mm-hmm.
- Angelina: Oh no.
- [After Angelina and Gracie have mentioned the fair since they had made their silly hats the night before, Ms. Mimi starts with the options.]
- Ms. Mimi: [to Angelina, Gracie and Vicki] Well, if you like, you can do the carnival and miss the rehearsal.
- Gracie: [smiles] We can?
- Ms. Mimi: Yes. [but has another option if the girls go to the fair] But if you miss the rehearsal, then you miss out the performance.
- Angelina: [as she and Gracie and Viki have the choice between the performance or the carnival] Oh no.
- Ms. Mimi: If you have not rehearsed, that would be not fair to the dance, the audience, nor to yourselves. Think about it girls. It's your decision.
- [The scene --after Angelina and the other girls Gracie and Vicki make their decision which had been shown at the school-- cuts to Angelina's house.]
- Polly: [is prepared for the fair] Woo-hoo! Carnival time!
- [But Angelina has made a good choice to do the performance and not the carnival. So she tells Polly that she is not doing the fair. Polly still wants to go, but Angelina is not going to the fair.]
- Angelina: [still holds her crown] I'm not going to the carnival this year, Polly.
- [This is the last time that Angelina mentions the fair.]
- Polly: But, it is the silly hat carnival.
- Angelina: Why don't you wear my hat?
- Polly: [as Angelina hands her hat to her] Wow! Me? For real?
- [Polly might be able to wear Angelina's crown which Angelina had made with her friends the night before. She might even wear it to the performance too. That is, even though Angelina was supposed to go to the carnival. But since she and Vicki and Gracie had the choice from Ms. Mimi between doing the performance or the fair, Angelina made the right decision to go to not the carnival but the rehearsal]
- Angelina: Yes, Polly. It's all yours.
- [Angelina heads out the door and off to rehearsals. Ms. Mimi did say, "make up rehearsal"]
- Angelina: Well, I must be going to rehearsals like I promised Ms. Mimi.
- Mrs. Mouseling: That's my little girl.
- Angelina: You mean, "Your big girl". [hugs her mom] Big girls keep promises. [leaves the house to the afternoon rehearsal with Ms. Mimi, Gracie and Viki]
- [The scene cuts to night time and to Angelina who is now in her bedroom. Angelina along with Gracie and Vicki did do the rehearsal. Now on the night before the performance, Angelina is preparing for bed. She goes to bed early knowing that she has plans for the performance]
- Angelina: [narrating] Now, it is the night before the performance. So I have big plans.
- [Angelina now in her pajamas is seen getting ready for bed and preparing for the performance which is the next day. Mrs. Mouseling and Polly are watching her; happy that Angelina went to bed early]
- Polly: Look! Angelina went to bed very, very, early!
- Mrs. Mouseling: She is going to be one well rested little dancer.
- [After the performance is over]
- Polly: Mommy?
- Mrs. Mouseling: Yes, Polly?
- [Like Angelina, Polly --when she is in school someday-- tries to talk her mother into a sleepover with friends.]
- Polly: When am I having a sleepover?
- [Mrs. Mouseling sighs and puts her hand over her brow. This means she would not want to have Polly doing the same thing that Angelina had. Mrs. Mouseling does this as if she rather not hear the word "overnight" again for a long time. Really, she rather not hear it again for a long time.]
Angelina's Holiday Treats / Angelina and the Front Row Ticket [1.12]
- Angelina: [sadly] I have invited far too many people! Now everyone is cross with me!
- Mr. Mouseling: There must be a solution. Let's think.
- [Angelina's frown turns into a smile for planning a solution]
- Angelina: [for one solution] Maybe Alice could come in a very big purse...!
- [The scene cuts to the said theater where "The Nutcracker" where Angelina and Vicki have a big, giant purse big enough for a mouseling that size to fit inside like Alice. And Alice is inside of it and indeed fits inside the giant purse]
- Angelina: [for a second solution] Or Vicki could dress up as a pet canary...!
- [The next scene shows to where the said theater where Angelina and Alice have Viki in a bird cage and Viki is dressed up as a pet canary]
- Angelina: The theater, they might not allow pets.
- [The third scene shows to the said theater where Alice and Viki are dressed up as a conjoined twin or "conjoined sister"]
- Angelina: [for a third solution] Or, maybe they could come as a two headed lady!
- [However, Angelina knows the correct truth of what would happen if she and her friends try one of those three false solutions; a giant purse, a pet canary, or a two headed lady]
- Angelina: [as the scene cuts back to reality] On second thought, none of that may work. Oh dear!
- [Polly taunts Angelina that she is going to the nutcracker. She dances with the nutcracker doll]
- Polly: [sing songy] ♪ POLLY'S GOING TO THE NUTCRACKER! ♪
- Angelina: Oh, what can I do?
- Mr. Mouseling: You have a hard solution to make. But I know you may think of something fair.
- Angelina: [has a solution] Well, there is one thing I can do. But it's a super, super, duper tough thing to do. Really, truly, hard.
- [The scene cuts to night]
- Angelina: [narrating] I did the super tough solution. I gave up my tickets so both Alice and Vicki could go.
- Mr. Mouseling: [hands Mrs. Mouseling the tickets] You are not going to go very far without these.
- [As Mr. Mouseling reveals the tickets to Mrs. Mouseling, it is shown that there is a ticket for Mrs. Mouseling, a ticket for Polly, a ticket for Alice, and a ticket for Vicki. Then Mrs. Mouseling sadly walks over to Angelina, then she takes pity over Angelina, even though Angelina did her best.]
- Mrs. Mouseling: [to Angelina] I am sorry, dear. [kisses Angelina] Your friends and I really wish that we could get another ticket.
- Angelina: Me too.
- Mr. Mouseling: We are proud of you for making a grown up choice.
- Angelina: Thanks, Dad. Are you sure my name is on the waiting list to see "The Nutcracker"?
- Mr. Mouseling: Yes. But we cannot get our hopes up.
Angelina Keeps the Peace / Angelina and Alice Mousikova [1.13]
Angelina and Gracie's Creative Day / Angelina's Big Part [1.14]
Angelina and the Tummy Butterflies / Angelina and the Magician [1.15]
Angelina Cheerleader / Angelina's Ballet School [1.16]
Angelina and the Roquefort's Rhythmic Ghost / Angelina's Lunch Table [1.17]
Angelina and the Big News / Angelina's Secret Valentine [1.18]
Angelina and the Front Page / Angelina's Cheese Roll [1.19]
Angelina and the Musical Plant / Angelina's Hip Hop Boys Show [1.20]
Angelina and the Cheddar Cheese Slide / Angelina and the Case of the Missing Music [1.21]
Angelina, the Pet Sitter / Angelina and the Music Box [1.22]
- [Angelina tries to sing the lyrics to the song from the music box to cover up the fact that it's broken. As Polly waltzes, Angelina sings to it, but is interrupted by a sneeze. As a result, she sneezes instead]
- Angelina: [sneezing] Achoo!
- Polly: La, la...! AND "ACHOO"?! [about Angelina's song even though the music box is really broken] THAT'S NOT HOW THE SONG GOES!
- Angelina: [sings two more hums but sneezes again, this time with a big sneeze and it's bigger than her first sneeze] AH-AH-ACHOO!
- Polly: HEY! YOUR SINGING SONG! [about her music box] What is wrong with my music box?
- Angelina: [pointing to one of the boxes on the high stack of boxes where she tried to hide Polly's music box in] It fell off the box and broke.
- Polly: How did it get up there?
- Angelina: Oh...! I am sorry, Polly. I should not have touched it without asking you first.
- [While Polly was napping, Angelina was really trying to hide Polly's music box. But to hide it, it broke when Angelina put the music box on a high stack of boxes and it fell down to the floor]
- Polly: [in between tears; before crying] Oh no! Now Princess Polly cannot waltz! And I love to waltz! [crying]
- Polly: [crying, this time jumping from foot to foot and crying] I NEED MY MUSIC BOX! I WANT TO WALTZ!
- AZ: Wait a minute. You do not need the music box to waltz, Polly.
Angelina and the Dance-A-Thon / Angelina and the Art Show [1.23]
Angelina's Hiccups / Angelina and the Must-Have Ballet Bag [1.24]
Angelina's Room / Angelina's Camembert Parade [1.25]
- Angelina: I heard you playing the harmonica. Do you mind if I come in and listen?
- Gracie: Of course not, Angelina.
- Angelina: I'm sorry I've been such a grouchy mouse.
- Gracie: I'm sorry I ruined your reading. Maybe we could read your book together.
- Angelina: I've got a better idea. Let's do the pirate dance just once before we go to sleep.
- Gracie: Qui.
Angelina and the Band Leader / Angelina and Polly's Two-Hour Show [1.26]
Angelina and the Marcel Mouseau Mime Challenge / Angelina and the Dance Craze [1.27]
- Polly: [after hearing from Angelina that Marco cannot speak until 6 o'clock] Oh. I don't like it when Marco does not speak.
- [Polly runs up to Marco]
- Polly: [in a sneaky little sister smile] I am making him!
- [Polly tickles Marco on the tummy. She does it to make Marco speak]
- Polly: Tickle, tickle, tickle.
- [Polly tickles Marco on the tummy; this time pinning him to the floor with herself on him]
- Polly: Tickle, tickle, tickle.
- Angelina: [taunts Marco about Polly] Sorry, Marco. I wish I could stop her. But I can't tell you how little sisters are! [laughs]
- [Angelina upon saying this watches in horror. Then with a sneaky smile, she says to Marco she wishes that she could speak for him but he should know how little sisters are]
Angelina and the Mouselinghood of the Dancing Shoes / Angelina and Her Parent's Dance Lesson [1.28]
Angelina and the New Jeans / Angelina and the Poster [1.29]
- Angelina: [she is paired up with not Alice; but Marco] But I wanted to pair with Alice! Alice and I already talked about it!
- Ms. Mimi: Sorry, Angelina. But you and Alice always pair up together. And this time I want you to be with someone else like Marco. That way you can explore different approaches and styles.
- [According to Ms. Mimi, Angelina and Alice always pair together. But Ms. Mimi says Angelina should be with someone else so she "explores different approaches and styles". As a result, Angelina is paired with one of the boys. And it is Marco]
- [After wasting one too many sheets of paper for the poster]
- Ms. Mimi: [hands Angelina a new sheet of paper for the poster after Angelina has asked for a new one to "start again", but sadly tells Angelina that it is the last one] This is the last one I am afraid, Angelina.
- [Angelina takes the sheet of paper]
- Angelina: [to Marco about the last piece of paper] Well, I don't know what to do!
Angelina's Nature Dance / Angelina's Spring Fling [1.30]
- [Angelina gets an idea of a nature dance without any little sisters around.]
- Angelina: [to Vicki, Alice, and Gracie] I have the most stupendous idea where we can go.
- [Angelina and the other girls --Vicki, Alice, and Gracie-- exit down the stairs and off to the park.]
- Angelina: Lots of nature. And no little sisters.
- [The scene cuts to Polly and Mrs. Mouseling. Polly is crying because she does not ever get to spend time with Angelina and her friends. Angelina was nasty to her when Polly herself was trying to be a bumblebee with Angelina, Vicki, Alice, and Gracie]
- Polly: [crying] That's not fair. I wanted to stay and be a bee with the little big girls.
- Mrs. Mouseling: [hugging Polly on her lap; after Angelina had made her cry] I know dear. But you will be a big girl one day.
- [Polly stops crying. It is not long until Angelina has asked her mom about doing a nature dance at the park.]
- Angelina: Mom? Can we bring a snack?
- Gracie: To take out to the park?
- Alice: We need to get lots of ideas from nature.
- Mrs. Mouseling: [giggles] I do not see why not.
- [Polly has just heard about going to the park. Then she asks Angelina if she can come.]
- Polly: Hooray! [to Angelina] May I come?
- [Angelina thinks sadly and sighs. In a concerned expression, she tries to think whether she should let Polly join her and her friends Alice, Vicki, and Gracie at the park for nature dances. However, she really wants it to not happen because she left out Polly when Polly wanted to be a bumblebee like the big girls. It seems that Angelina is unsure of whether or not Polly should join.]
- Polly: [asks Angelina again] Pretty please with cheese?
- Mrs. Mouseling: [tells Angelina to be a good big sister and invite her little sister Polly] Please, Angelina. Please be a good big sister now.
- [Angelina sighs again upon hearing this from Mrs. Mouseling-- to "be a good big sister" and let Polly come. Polly was crying because she never gets to spend time with Angelina and the other big girls. So as a result, after Angelina's mother tells Angelina to be a good big sister on Polly, Polly gets to join.]
Series 2 (2010)
Angelina's Fancy Tutu / Angelina and the Musical Theater [2.1]
Angelina and the Heart on Ice / Angelina's Kitchen Band [2.2]
Angelina and the Carnival / Angelina Jumps the River [2.3]
Angelina and the Windy Children's Day / Angelina and Ms. Mimi's Dance [2.4]
Angelina and the Mini Mouseling / Angelina's Helpful Friend [2.5]
Angelina's Mother's Day / Angelina's Father's Day Surprise [2.6]
- [At the dance class]
- Ms. Mimi: Repeat after me just the way I am speaking.
- [Ms. Mimi states a quiet sentence]
- Ms. Mimi: [whispers] Today, we are going to learn the word "dynamics".
- All: [say the same sentence and they whisper it like Ms. Mimi] Today, we are going to learn the word "dynamics".
- Ms. Mimi: [says the sentence again but in a loud voice] TODAY WE ARE GOING TO LEARN THE WORD "DYNAMICS"!
- All: [they say the same sentence again like Ms. Mimi; but repeat it in a loud voice] TODAY WE ARE GOING TO LEARN THE WORD "DYNAMICS"!
- Ms. Mimi: Good. [then to Angelina, Vicki, Gracie and Marco] What is different about those two sentences? [Angelina raises her hand] Yes, Angelina?
- [Even those two sentences are the same, Angelina raises her hand, then she explains about the differences from the two sentences]
- Angelina: The first one is soft. The second one is loud.
- Ms. Mimi: Exactly. We changed the dynamics. First the loudness, then the softness.
- Angelina: [narrating] Right after breakfast, Mom put her feet up. And we got to work.
- [Mrs. Mouseling is reading a book]
- Mrs. Mouseling: I am looking forward to a peaceful rest.
- [Angelina and Polly are singing a song called "The Itsy, Bitsy, Spider" while putting the books away for their mom]
- Angelina and Polly: [singing] ♪ The itsy, bitsy, spider went up the water spout. ♪
- ♪ Down came the rain and washed the spider out. ♪
- ♪ Out came the sun and dried up all the rain. ♪
- ♪ And the itsy, bitsy spider went up the spout again. ♪
- Polly: [as Angelina looks at the big mess after she and Polly made with the books that they were supposed to put away and made them into a tower] What is it, Angelina?
- Angelina: We were going to give Mom a really nice Mother's Day (surprise and present). But we made too much noise...! [looks at the mess] And a big mess.
- [Polly adds more books to her pile; then to Angelina after their said song hoping to try to get to have the same song or another song going on again]
- Polly: Are we going to build some more?
- Angelina: No, Polly. We need to put the books away now.
- Polly: Okey dokey. [sings a non-lexical song; a song being an inanimate one] ♪ La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la! ♪
- Angelina: And we need to do it quietly. So Mom can relax.
- Polly: [gets loud again] OKEY DOKEY!
- Angelina: Shhhh! [remembers the word her teacher Ms. Mimi had told her about the day before; which was about "dynamics". Then she tells it to Polly] I know. Ms. Mimi, she was talking about dynamics yesterday. Loud music makes you want to jump around. Quiet music always makes you dance very softly. [to Polly] Polly? Do you want to help me?
- Polly: Yes, please with cheese.
- Angelina: I want to sing a quiet little song. Can you sing along with me.
- Polly: Mm-hmm. I guess so.
- Angelina: And while we are doing it, we can put the books away.
- Polly: Okay, Angelina.
Angelina and Polly's Big Day / Angelina and the Smelly Cheese [2.7]
Angelina's Indian Lunchtime / Angelina, A.Z. and Cheezy Z [2.8]
Angelina's Trick or Treat Feat / Angelina and the Laughing Poet [2.9]
Angelina and the Dragon Dance / Angelina's Opera [2.10]
- Charlotte Spencer as Angelina Mouseling.
- Naomi McDonald as Alice Nimbletoes.
- Jules de Jongh as Marco Quesillo and Viki.
- Jo Wyatt as Gracie.
- Lizzie Waterworth-Santo as AZ.
- Judith Mason as Ms. Mimi.
- James McAvoy as Mr. Mouseling.
- Emily Blunt as Mrs. Mouseling.
- Leah Zabari as Polly Mouseling.