Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [narrating] Jules Verne once wrote: "Put two ships in the open sea, without wind or tide... they will come together". That's how my parents met: like two ships destined for each other.
- [narrating] My mother had fled an arranged marriage, left her whole world behind, but in my father's lighthouse, she had found something unexpected. And my father found the love of his life.
- [viewing the aftermath of the tsunami] This was Orm's doing. Worse is to come.
- Your Highness, there is no victory in vanquishing the foolish! Your brother is clearly an imbecile!
- Last time you fought him on his ground. This time, fight him on yours.
- You are the reason our mother was executed and I have hated you for it ever since. But I do not want to kill you, Arthur. I am going to give you one chance. Go home. Do not ever come back to Atlantis. You are not going to win this. A war is coming to the surface whether you like it or not, and I am bringing the wrath of the Seven Seas with me.
- Join me or die!
- I am pure of blood! I have dedicated my entire life to Atlantis! He wanted nothing to do with it! You swore to serve the throne!
- Today we unite our kingdoms. Tomorrow we scorch the surface! RISE, ATLANTIS!
- You have our mother's trident; powerful... but flawed, like her. I wield my father's... and it has never known defeat!
- I scavenge the high seas. You're the Aquaman. We were bound to meet at some point!
- You can't run. You owe me blood!
- A hero. A king fights only for his own nation. You fight for everyone.
- [telling a story to baby Arthur] ... and the Trident could only be wielded by the strongest Atlantean. And it gave the king master of the Seven Seas. It made him so powerful, that the ocean became so jealous, and sent a terrible earthquake to destroy Atlantis. Down it fell, to the bottom of the ocean. But legend has it that one day, a new king will come who will use the power of the Trident to put Atlantis back together again.
- [to Tom] I will return to you when it's safe. One day, right here, at sunrise, we'll be together again.
- Atlanna: Where I come from, the sea carries our tears away.
- Thomas Curry: Here, you feel them.
- Arthur: How is it that I can breathe underwater, but you can still drink me under the table?
- Thomas: That's my superpower. [they laugh]
- [Jesse offers David (his son) an old combat knife.]
- David Kane: I can't take that piece of junk. It's the love of your life.
- Jesse Kane: I never told you the story behind it. This was your grandfather's. He was one of the Navy's first frogmen during World War II. He was so stealthy in the water, his unit nicknamed him Manta. But after the war, his country forgot about him, so he went back to the sea, scavenging and surviving with his wit and this knife. He gave it to me when I was your age. And now it's yours, son.
- Arthur: I don't even know your name.
- Mera: It's Y'Mera-Xebella-Challa. You may call me Mera.
- Arthur: You're the guy from the sub.
- David Kane: That's right! But now I have Atlantean steel! [stabs Arthur] Call me... Black Manta!
- Atlanna: You must forgive me, for everything.
- Arthur: This happened because of me.
- Atlanna: Not because of you. None of this is your fault.
- Orm Marius: ...Mother?
- Atlanna: My son.
- [They embrace.]
- Orm Marius: I don't understand. We thought you...
- Atlanna: I know. Arthur saved me.
- Orm Marius: You're with him?
- Atlanna: I am. You're both my children, and I love you so much. But you have been misguided. Your father told you that there were two worlds. He was wrong. The land and the sea are one.
- Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry / Aquaman
- Amber Heard as Mera
- Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko
- Patrick Wilson as Orm Marius / Ocean Master
- Dolph Lundgren as King Nereus
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Kane / Black Manta
- Ludi Lin as Captain Murk
- Temuera Morrison as Tom Curry
- Nicole Kidman as Atlanna
- Home is calling.
- A tide is calling.
- He's not from around here.