- In James Kaplan, "The sexual volcano: Ava Gardner was the one lover Sinatra couldn't tame...and when she spurned him, he slit his wrist in despair", Daily Mail (1 November 2010)
- It was magic. We became lovers for ever, eternally. Big words, I know, but I truly felt that no matter what happened we would always be in love.
- Falling in love with Frank Sinatra.
- We were high-strung people. Possessive, jealous and liable to explode fast. When I lose my temper, you can’t find it any place. He’s the same.
- Of Frank Sinatra.
- The problems were never in bed. The problems would start on the way to the bidet.