Back to the Future Part II
(Redirected from Back To The Future Part II)
Back to the Future Part II is a 1989 sequel to Back to the Future. After visiting 2015, Marty McFly must repeat his visit to 1955 to prevent disastrous changes to 1985... without interfering with his first trip.
- [after Marty's bout with Griff Tannen] Marty! What in the name of Sir Isaac H. Newton happened here?!
- [about to throw out the almanac] This stays here. I didn't invent the time machine to win at gambling. I invented the time machine to travel through time!
- The time-traveling is just too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe: Women.
- [Marty and Doc notice the cops taking an unconscious Jennifer away]
- Doc: They're taking her home, to your future home! We'll arrive shortly thereafter, get her out of there, and go back to 1985.
- Marty: You mean, I'm gonna see where I live? I'm gonna see myself as an old man?
- Doc: No, no, no, Marty. That could result in a... [gasps] Great Scott! Jennifer could conceivably encounter her future self! The consequences of that could be disastrous!
- Marty: Doc, what do you mean?
- Doc: I foresee two possibilities. One: coming face to face with herself thirty years older would put her into shock and she'd simply pass out. Or two: the encounter could create a time paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worst-case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.
- Marty: Well, that's a relief.
- Marty: So we go back to the future, and we stop Biff from stealing the time machine.
- Doc: We can't, because if we travel into the future from this point in time, it will be the future of this reality, [indicates in chalk the alternate reality, 1985A] in which Biff is corrupt, powerful, and married to your mother, and in which this has happened to me! [holds up a newspaper reading "EMMETT BROWN COMMITTED"] No. Our only chance to repair the present is in the past, at the point where the time line skewed into this tangent. In order to put the universe back as we remember it and get back to our reality, we have to find out the exact date and specific circumstances of how, when, and where young Biff got his hands on that sports almanac.
- Marty: I'll ask him.
- Old Biff: [about the copy of "Grey's Sports Almanac" from the future] The information in here is worth millions. And I'm giving it to you.
- Young Biff: [sarcastically] That's very nice. Thank you very much. Now why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?
- Old Biff: [smacks his younger self] It's "leave", you idiot! "Make like a tree, and leave!" You sound like a damn fool when you say it wrong!
- Young Biff: All right, then! LEAVE! And take your book with you!
- 1955 Doc: It was nice talking to you. Maybe again we'll bump into each other sometime in the future.
- 1985 Doc: Or the past.
- [Western Union presents Marty with a letter from Doc]
- Marty: [reads the letter] "Dear Marty, if my calculations are correct, you will receive this letter immediately after you saw the DeLorean struck by lightning. First, let me assure you that I am alive and well. I've been living happily these past eight months in the year 1885. The lightning bolt that..." [looks at the date] 1885! September 1885!
- Delivery man: Whoa! Wait, kid! What's this all about?!
- Marty: He's alive! The Doc's alive! He's in the Old West, but he's alive!
- Delivery man: Kid, you all right?! You need any help?!
- Marty: There's only one man who can help me!
- [after Marty has gone back to 1985, the Marty that came from the alternate 1985 suddenly shows up from down the street and runs to the unsuspecting 1955 Doc]
- Marty: Doc, Doc! [grabs Doc]
- [Doc shouts in shock]
- Marty: Okay. Okay! Relax, Doc! It's me! It's Marty!
- Doc: No! It can't be! I just sent you back to the future.
- Marty: I know. You did send me back to the future, but I'm back. I'm back from the future.
- Doc: Great Scott! [faints]
- Getting back was only the beginning.
- Synchronize your watches. The future's coming back...
- Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
- Michael J. Fox — Marty McFly/Marty McFly Jr./Marlene McFly
- Christopher Lloyd — Dr. Emmett Brown
- Thomas F. Wilson — Biff Tannen/Griff Tannen
- Lea Thompson — Lorraine Baines-McFly-Tannen
- Jeffrey Weissman - George McFly
- James Tolkan - Mr. Strickland
- Elisabeth Shue - Jennifer Parker-McFly
- Billy Zane - Match
- Charles Fleischer - Terry