(Redirected from Banhart, Devendra)
Devendra Banhart (born May 30, 1981) is a folk musician and songwriter.
From Rejoicing in the Hands
- And because my teeth don't bite, I can take them out dancing
I can take my little teeth out and show them a real good time
- -This Beard is for Siobhan
- Each strand of her hair
Is really insect eyes
And each hole in her tongue
Is always occupied
By the milk of the sun
- -Insect Eyes
- Little yellow spider, laughing at the snow.
Maybe that spider knows something i don't know,
'cause i'm goddamn cold.
- And hey there little sexy pig, you made it with a man
And now you've got a little kid with hooves instead of hands.
- -Little Yellow Spider
- Cook me in your breakfast,
and put me on your plate,
'cause you know i taste great.
- Put me in your dry dreams
or put me in your wet
If you haven't yet.
- -At the Hop
From Cripple Crow
- I heard somebody say that the war ended today, but everybody knows it's going still.
- -Heard Somebody Say
- I see so many little boys I wanna marry, I see plenty little kids I've yet to have.
- Little Boys
- Now if I lived in my land, which I do, if I lived in Iceland, if I lived in Greensland I'd still have Chinese children, but out of my ears my little grey baby hears.
- -Chinese Children
- Cripple crow say something for our grieving, where do we go once we start leaving. Well close that wound or else keep on bleeding and change your tune, it's got no meaning.
- -Cripple Crow