Battle: Los Angeles
Battle: Los Angeles (also known as Battle: LA and internationally as World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles) is a 2011 military science fiction war film about a retiring Marine Staff Sergeant who must go back into the line of duty to lead a platoon of U.S. Marines, isolated U.S. Army soldiers, a U.S. Navy corpsman, and a U.S. Air Force sergeant during a global alien invasion.
SSgt Michael Nantz
- Stavro, Harris, the lieutenant needs recon on a bus. If it runs, bring it back here... Either of you know how to hotwire a bus?
- All right, Lockett. You wanna go there? Let's go there. I commanded men and men died. Kids. 19 years old. The best men I ever led. Do you think for a second I wouldn't rather trade places with them? I know you think I got my men killed. They're dead. I'm here. Like the punchline to some bad joke. You think I like that? Do you think a minute goes by that those faces aren't right here, seared into my brain? [points to head].
2ndLt William Martinez
- That was some real John Wayne shit, staff sergeant.
LtCol K.N. Ritchie
- We have an infestation of God-knows-what in there but they are NOT from this Earth and we gotta hit them with everything we got! They are a ground force enemy only, so the air force will tear them a new asshole and we will rule the air! Now you got 3 hours to get your ass back before those bombs drop, and make no mistake they will drop with or without you.
HM Jibril Adukwu
- Shit, I'd rather be in Afghanistan.
- Sgt. Major: At 14:46 Pacific Standard Time, 12 different locations around the world were breached, in what appears to be a coordinated attack by an unknown enemy. All breaches were along the coastline, in what is a campaign of rapid dominance. This is a textbook military invasion. There are massive casualties in New York, defensive lines are being setup in Boston, and at 13:15 Zulu Time we lost communications with San Francisco and San Diego, their status is unknown. What we do know is that we are the LAST offensive force on the west coast, we can NOT lose Los Angeles.
- Reporter on TV: [first lines] ...an unprecedented meteor shower falling off the coast of Tokyo. The entire city is mesmerized by this incredible sight. Two hours after the first contact, an unidentified enemy has reached our coastlines in a swift and militaristic attack. Right now one thing is clear: The world is at war.
- 2ndLt William Martinez: Get them out!
- SSgt Michael Nantz: No, I'm not leaving you!
- 2ndLt William Martinez: Get them out!
- SSgt Michael Nantz: No! Not again!
- 2ndLt William Martinez: I have a bag of C-4 on the bus. Give this to my wife. [hands SSgt. Nantz a piece of paper] And get them off this freeway. That's an order.
- SSgt Michael Nantz: Yes, sir.
- 2ndLt William Martinez: Right behind you.
- SSgt Michael Nantz: Cover the lieutenant!
- 2ndLt William Martinez: Here we go. [into radio] This is Lieutenant William Martinez, Echo Company, 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines. Oorah!
- Moped: [last lines] This is Moped two-three. Who's with me?
- Dog Pound: Good morning Moped, Dog Pound two-one one your left.
- Snake Eyes: It's good to hear a friendly voice, Dog Pound two-one. This is Snake Eyes joining the fight.
- Another: Hey Foxtrot two-one, we're on your six...
- Foxtrot: Good morning two-one, this is Foxtrot two-November. Let's take back Los Angeles.
It's not war. It's survival.
- Aaron Eckhart - USMC SSgt. Michael Nantz, 2/5
- Michelle Rodriguez - USAF TSgt. Elena Santos, 61 ABW
- Ramón Rodríguez - USMC 2ndLt. William Martinez, 1st Platoon's acting commander
- Bridget Moynahan - Michele, a veterinarian
- Ne-Yo - USMC Cpl. Kevin J. "Specks" Harris, Cpl. Stavrou's friend
- Michael Peña - Joe Rincon, Hector's father
- Will Rothhaar - USMC Cpl. Lee "Cowboy" Imlay
- Cory Hardrict - USMC Cpl. Jason "Cocheez" Lockett
- Jim Parrack - USMC LCpl. Peter J. "Irish" Kerns
- Gino Anthony Pesi - USMC Cpl. Nick C. "Stavs" Stavrou
- James Hiroyuki Liao - USMC LCpl. Steven "Motorolla" Mottola
- Noel Fisher - USMC PFC Shaun "Casper" Lenihan
- Adetokumboh M'Cormack - USN HM Jibril A. "Doc" Adukwu
- Neil Brown, Jr. - USMC Lance Corporal Richard "Motown" Guerrero
- Bryce Cass - Hector Rincon
- Joey King - Kristen
- Jadin Gould - Amy