William Stephen Belichick (born April 16, 1952) is an American football coach who is the head coach of the New England Patriots of the ational Football League (NFL). Belichick has extensive authority over the Patriots' football operations, effectively making him the general manager of the team as well. He holds many coaching records, including winning a record six Super Bowls as a head coach and entering the 2020 season has 304 total NFL wins as head coach.
|This article about a sports figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We're on to Cincinnati.
- Press Conference, September 29, 2014, Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno channels Bill Belichick in response to questions about fire commissioner's status
- On September 6, 2018, Chuck Todd wondered on the MTP Daily television program whether a non-responsive answer by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was at an "on to Cincinnati moment." See also Matt Purple, As their health care bill dies, Republicans need an “on to Cincinnati” moment, Rare.us (accessed 11/14/18).
- In all my years of football I’ve never known a man who talked more and won less than Steve Gutman.
- 2004 interview, reprinted in FROM DARKNESS TO DYNASTY
- All right, you guys are asking a lot of questions about what we’ve seen from this guy, what we’ve seen from that guy, and we’ve yet to put on pads. I understand this is a pretty talented group of evaluators in this room, but in all honesty our evaluations come more in training camp when we actually practice and we can fully execute the techniques and the plays that we’re trying to do. I know everybody’s all excited when a guy catches a pass. To evaluate players competitively when they’re not on a competitive level I have a hard time with. But I know a lot of people are good at that and they can make a lot more out of it than I can, so I respect that, but due to my personal limitations and my personal inability to make those evaluations, I don’t make them. We can keep asking how everybody does on this and how everybody does on that, and the main thing for me is to see if they’re doing the right thing, doing it properly, how we can correct that, and then there’ll be a point in time when everybody wil be able to go out and do it to the best of their ability against very competitive players on the other side of the ball and we’ll see what happens. That’s when the evaluations really start.
- Day One of 2016 Patriots training camp press conference.