(Redirected from Capone, Al)
- I have spent the best years of my life giving people the lighter pleasures, helping them have a good time, and all I get is abuse, the existence of a hunted man.
- As quoted in How to Win Friends and Influence People (1936) by Dale Carnegie, p. 26
- Do I do business with Canadian racketeers? I don't even know what street Canada is on.
- As quoted in Iced: The Story of Organized Crime in Canada (2009) by Stephen Schneider, chapter Five, p. 206 
- Don't get the idea that I'm one of these goddam radicals. Don't get the idea that I'm knocking the American system.
- As quoted in In Time of Trouble (1956) by Claud Cockburn
- This is virgin territory out here for whorehouses.
- Referring to suburban Chicago, as quoted in The Bootleggers and Their Era (1961) by Kenneth Alsop
- This American system of ours ... call it Americanism, call it capitalism, call it what you like, gives to each and every one of us a great opportunity if we only seize it with both hands and make the most of it.
- Interview with Claud Cockburn, Quoted in “Mr. Capone, Philosopher,” Cockburn Sums Up (1981)
- You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
- Misquoted in Forbes (6 October 1986), actually attributed to humorist Professor Irwin Corey, 1953 
- I've been accused of every death except the casualty list of the World War.
- The Bootleggers