Celibacy is the avoidance of all forms of sexual intimacy, often for religious reasons.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Celibacy is not merely unknown to Islam, it is unintelligible.
- Marriage has many pains, but celibacy has no pleasures.
- Marriage may often be a stormy lake, but celibacy is almost always a muddy horsepond.
- Thomas Love Peacock, Melincourt (1817), ch. 7
- Chastity: The most unnatural of the sexual perversions.
- Aldous Huxley 
- Everyone agrees the celibacy rule is just a Church law dating from the 11th century, not a divine command.
- Hans Kung Newsweek interview, July 8, 1991
- According to Islamic tradition (sunnah), marriage has been deemed to be an essential requirement. Celibacy has been regarded as a malevolent condition fraught with evils.