Diego Armando Maradona Franco (30 October 1960 - 25 November 2020) was an Argentine professional footballer. He served as a manager and coach at several clubs, as well as of the national team of Argentina. Many experts, football critics, former players, current players and football fans regard Maradona as the greatest football player of all time. He was joint FIFA Player of the 20th Century with Pelé.
|This article about a sportsperson is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I dream of being able to score another goal against England... this time with the right hand.
- Less than a month before he died, referencing the hand of God. Quoted in Hannigan, Mary. "Funny old games: The sporting year in a year like no other", The Irish Times. 30 December 2020. See section titled "Diego".
- You Pasman, you have it inside, too.
Daily Mail interview
- Even now as a manager, when I suffer a loss it still feels like a first loss, the first I suffered as a player. And when I win, it is like my first win, too. This is me, this is my personality, it is who I am and will always be.
- There is no secret here. I will give my all, as I always have. This way I prove to the people who hired me, and those who support me, how much it means.
- The unconventional and uninhibited way of living was a part of my life. I won't be like that now.
Quotes about Maradona
- He made the first Gaelic football goal in a regular football match. We won't forget.