Alesha Anjanette Dixon (born October 7, 1978) is a British singer and dancer, former member of girl group Mis-Teeq. Additionally, Dixon is a judge on the BBC dancing show Strictly Come Dancing, which she also participated in two years prior to her appointment as a judge.
- By the way, dancers are not human beings. How can you be human and do what they do?
- Alesha Dixon cited in Dixon tipped for Strictly success at bbc.co.uk, 22 December, 2007: Referring bookmakers favourite to win BBC One's ballroom show Strictly Come Dancing.
- Strictly has just given me a real zest for life. Life is so short. We should all grasp it.
- Alesha Dixon cited in Strictly Come Dancing saved me at ok.co.uk, 25 December 2007
- It was the lowest point of my life. I just kept thinking, 'What have I done to deserve this?' I didn't see the point in living.
- Strictly winner Alesha Dixon on her obsessive-compulsive disorder and how she's rebuilt her life after her divorce at Daily Mail.co.uk 25 December, 2007
- My friends call me Monica because she's the one in Friends who's obsessed with cleaning. I always think the house looks messy; a messy house can depress me. It can make me feel messy. If my house is clean and everything is in order, I feel better.
- Alesha Dixon cited in Strictly winner Alesha Dixon on her obsessive-compulsive disorder and how she's rebuilt her life after her divorce", at dailymail.com, 6 February, 2009
- When you are knocked down you have two choices - stay down or get back up, stronger.
- Alesha Dixon cited in Exclusive Interview with: Alesha Dixon" at blog.mirror.co.uk, 8 May 2009
Quotes about Dixon
- I don't need to give Alesha any advice. Honestly, she's a really strong woman.
- Cheryl Cole, asked if she had any advice for Dixon becoming a television judge (22 September 2009)
- You have this great laugh. It's this crazy, mad laugh.