Alesha Anjanette Dixon (born October 7, 1978) is a British singer and dancer, former member of girl group Mis-Teeq. Additionally, Dixon is a judge on the BBC dancing show Strictly Come Dancing, which she also participated in two years prior to her appointment as a judge.
- By the way, dancers are not human beings. How can you be human and do what they do?
- Alesha Dixon cited in "Dixon tipped for Strictly success" at bbc.co.uk, 22 December, 2007: Referring bookmakers favourite to win BBC One's ballroom show Strictly Come Dancing.
- My friends call me Monica because she's the one in Friends who's obsessed with cleaning. I always think the house looks messy; a messy house can depress me. It can make me feel messy. If my house is clean and everything is in order, I feel better.
- Alesha Dixon cited in Strictly winner Alesha Dixon on her obsessive-compulsive disorder and how she's rebuilt her life after her divorce", at dailymail.com, 6 February, 2009
- When you are knocked down you have two choices - stay down or get back up, stronger.
- Alesha Dixon cited in "Exclusive Interview with: Alesha Dixon" at blog.mirror.co.uk, 8 May 2009
- I think people in England take things for granted, we complain about our NHS system and yes it’s not perfect but believe me it’s far better than what they've got here.
- Discussing healthcare in Tanzania whilst climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So_2AitDBr8
- It was the lowest point of my life. I just kept thinking, 'What have I done to deserve this?' I didn't see the point in living.
- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-504345/Alesha-Ive-gone-suicidal-Strictly-Come-Dancing-queen--Im-set-make-5m.html Strictly winner Alesha Dixon on her obsessive-compulsive disorder and how she's rebuilt her life after her divorce]
- I'm not dating. I'm still single and loving it. It's taken me a little while to say being single is a good thing, but now it's great. After a six-year relationship I'm finally baggage-free.
- Strictly has just given me a real zest for life. Life is so short. We should all grasp it.
- Obviously music is my first job.
Quotes about Dixon
- "a national treasure"
- "I don't need to give Alesha any advice. Honestly, she's a really strong woman"
- Cheryl Cole, when asked if she had any advice for Dixon becoming a television judge. http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/09/22/cheryl-cole-backs-alesha-dixon-over-strictly-come-dancing-row-115875-21693074/
- "You have this great laugh. It's this crazy, mad laugh."