(Redirected from Duplessis, Maurice)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Less than fifteen cents to the province and more than twenty-five cents to Ottawa, this is far from being excessive!
- Bill 43, Québec Legislative Assembly, January 14, 1954
- This is about an admitted attempt, encouraged from outside, to challenge and break the State's authority. That is intolerable. Whoever deviates from this policy that I have established, privately or publicly, will be expelled from the Union Nationale.
Quotes about Maurice Duplessis
- The period leaves no one indifferent. And that was our goal. We present the facts. It's up to the public to decide.
- Stephane Filion, a co-ordinator of a celebration in his hometown of the 40th anniversary of Duplessis' death.
- The saying goes that after the death of every great man there's a long period of ingratitude. I find Maurice Duplessis's period is lasting pretty long.
- Bureau-Dufresne, surviving relative of Duplessis.
- Over the last 40 years, talking about Duplessis has become like talking about the devil himself.
- Jean-Marc Beaudoin, columnist at the Trois-Rivières daily Le Nouvelliste, in 1999.
- If I never read a business page, my admiration for him would be complete.
- Robert Fulford, commenting on Conrad Black's biography of Duplessis.
- Before Duplessis died, we’d all go to church and make our sign [of the cross], and a year later we didn’t go to Mass any more. So we looked for another set of values, one that was all-enveloping, like the Church.
- Bloc Québécois leader Gilles Duceppe