(Redirected from Eban, Abba)
- History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.
- Speech in London (16 December 1970); as quoted in The Times [London] (17 December 1970) and in Great Jewish Quotations (1996) by Alfred J. Kolatch, p. 115.
- I think that this is the first war in history that on the morrow the victors sued for peace and the vanquished called for unconditional surrender.
- Abba Eban wrote "Israel's Dilemmas: An Opportunity Squandered" in Stephen J. Roth, ed. "The Impact of the Six-Day War: A Twenty-Year Assessment".
- The Arabs never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
- If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.
- Comment about the United Nations General Assembly, as quoted in The Guardian (3 February 2004).