(Redirected from Eureka seveN)
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- 1 Characters
- 1.1 Adroc Thurston
- 1.2 Anemone
- 1.3 Axel Thurston
- 1.4 Captain Jurgens
- 1.5 Charles Beams
- 1.6 Dewey Novak
- 1.7 Diane Thurston
- 1.8 Digger
- 1.9 Eureka
- 1.10 Gidget
- 1.11 Hap
- 1.12 Hilda
- 1.13 Holland Novak
- 1.14 Lieutenant Dominic Sorel
- 1.15 Matthieu
- 1.16 Master Norb
- 1.17 Mischa
- 1.18 Renton Thurston
- 1.19 Stoner
- 1.20 The refboard seller
- 1.21 Talho Yūki
- 2 Episodes
- 2.1 1) Blue Monday
- 2.2 2) Blue Sky Fish
- 2.3 3) Motion Blue
- 2.4 4) Watermelon
- 2.5 5) Vivid Bit
- 2.6 6) Childhood
- 2.7 7) Absolute Defeat
- 2.8 8) Glorious Brilliance
- 2.9 9) Paper Moon Shine
- 2.10 10) Higher Than the Sun
- 2.11 11) Into the Nature
- 2.12 12) Acperience 1
- 2.13 13) The Beginning
- 2.14 14) Memory Band
- 2.15 15) Human Behavior
- 2.16 16) Opposite View
- 2.17 17) Sky Lock Gate
- 2.18 18) Ill Communication
- 2.19 19) Acperience 2
- 2.20 20) Substance Abuse
- 2.21 21) Runaway
- 2.22 22) Crackpot
- 2.23 23) Differentia
- 2.24 24) Paradise Lost
- 2.25 25) World's End Garden
- 2.26 26) Morning Glory
- 2.27 27) Helter Skelter
- 2.28 28) Memento Mori
- 2.29 29) Keep On Movin
- 2.30 30) Change of Life
- 2.31 31) Animal Attack
- 2.32 32) Start It Up
- 2.33 33) Pacific State
- 2.34 34) Inner Fight
- 2.35 35) Astral Apache
- 2.36 36) Fantasia
- 2.37 37) Raise Your Hand
- 2.38 38) Date of Birth
- 2.39 39) Join the Future
- 2.40 40) Cosmic Trigger
- 2.41 41) Acperience 3
- 2.42 42) Star Dancer
- 2.43 43) The Sunshine Underground
- 2.44 44) It's All in the Mind
- 2.45 45) Don't You Want Me?
- 2.46 46) Planet Rock
- 2.47 47) Acperience 4
- 2.48 48) Ballet Mechanique
- 2.49 49) Shout to the Top!
- 2.50 50) Wish Upon A Star
- 3 Note
- 4 External links
- Don't beg for it, earn it! Do that and you will be rewarded.
- Did you know? The world is full of hate and there isn't any reason for it?
- I would dance and be merry if I only had a brain...
- So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting.
Episode 48's monologue-
- Well, you know, a lot of different things happen in life. Any regrets? Of course, if I said that I didn't have any, it would be a lie. I'm still very, very young. I want to go out shopping and eat a lot more of the different yummy foods out there and listen to music and stuff, you know? Oh, yes, and, of course, even a wonderful romance. If I could have that, it would really be the best. Really... the best. But the way I feel right now, "Oh, brother," is all I can say. Really. Oh, brother.
- Someone on my mind? I had someone. Yeah, past tense. I think about how I should have told him how I felt. I kind of hate myself a bit for that, but there's nothing I can do about it now. The next time I'm born into this world, if that's even possible, I'd like to be born as someone who's more clever than I am now. Well, I really can't do anything about it. I feel this self-hatred.
- If, even after this battle, they tell me I can live on, I'll go and buy a small mirror somewhere and practice smiling. I'll practice over and over so that I can see him once again. If they tell me that I can live without hurting anyone else, I'll let my hair sway in the wind, take a giant step onto the earth and go see him. I want to live, to say my thanks. I want to live, to give so many feelings to people. I want to live! I wish I didn't realize I had feelings like this! But I'm in so much pain! He's nowhere where I can see him! And that's... and that's why!
- Listen to me Renton. I don't care what fascinates you. You can even ride those boards if you want, too. But you have to face reality. Even though your father died and became a hero, and even though Diane left this house in search of her impossible dreams, nothing at all has changed in this world! Those who believe in their dreams and ideals are all idiots!
- This thing! I'm sick of it! It's got you living in a dreamworld!
- My family was torn to pieces because of this damnable thing. If you want it, take it. And then..and then, do me the courtesy of never coming back!
- Look at this! It hasn't even been 5 years, yet we're the only ones who still bothered to come out all this way to visit his grave.I don't know if he's a hero or the grand spirit of our society, but they used him as much as they could and then they simply threw him out. This is where those who follow their dreams end up. I certainly didn't raise your father to make him into someone like that. And yet, here he is, long dead and gone. He brought so much misfortune to his parents! It's far better not to dream at all then to work yourself into the grave for the people who wont even help themselves.
- That may be so. But then who's going to compliment him for what he has attempted to do if not for me? It may have been reckless according to the common sense, but I'll praise him for what he did. Because, after all he is my family.
- Goddammit! That's how you always manage to make my life into one big mess! You bring me nothing but trouble!
- Because, you idiot, it was my son who built it! To tell the truth, you're not qualified to have it! The only one that should have it other than myself is Renton! Understand, I have no intention of forgiving you! But unfortunately, at the moment, you're the only one available that I can trust the damn thing to! I've had enough! Please, go home!
- To leave something like this behind that's capable of causing such an event, and then getting your son involved in this, well! You bring great misfortune to your parents. This is a light that destroys us and that guides us all to death. However.. it is so beautiful!
- It's not nice to make an old man cry!
- I'll thank you not to dig up stories from the past! I thought I had raised them so that they wouldn't go through the hardships that I went through. Yet Adroc, Diane.. now Renton, they all left.They turned out like me in the strangest of ways. It's too bad... Adroc and Diane never came back, but I know in my heart that Renton will. Even if he loses his way, Renton has his father looking over him right now. And he will guide him home.
- What you mean why did I fire? I don't think we were ordered to protect type zero or were we?
- Watch your mouth,information officer Dominic! Up in the sky orders from air force officers are given higher priority. Didn't you learn that at cadet school?
- That's enough! In case you have forgotten, you're supposed to be a mere observer aboard this ship! I think information officers should 'act' like information officers!
- Freedom, is something that you need to actively acquire. It’s not something that’s given with no strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility, and to prepare yourself for what’s to come. Understand, Renton?
- Don't worry about being so considerate of Adults. You can only be a kid for so long, so you might as well enjoy it.
- Ten thousand years ago, the peace of this planet was shattered by the Scub Corals. Individual bodies were lost, and human dignity was destroyed past the point of no return. What reason does this planet have to live on after receiving such treatment?!
- I'm Sorry, but I'm someone who gets rather lonely
- You see, I have a special karma imbedded within me. To purge this recklessly distorted world and protect its dignity! Observe…my karma!
- By doing this, I’ve become one with the world, and with this sacred planet. My life is this planet’s life. The two of us are one and the same. If you want to resist, then go ahead! However, I will die together with the dignity of the planet! So cry! All you want! This is the beginning of a BRAND NEW EARTH!
- Remember this, Renton. As long as you believe we will see each other again.
- If you can truly believe in something, then the power of your belief will make it real. Then I know you will be able to fly into the sky, help the people dear to you and see me at anytime you want. So, please... just believe in me. Believe in me, and be a good boy..
- There goes little Ren on his way. Guess it runs in the family, huh?
- No doubt about it. He sure takes after his predecessors. He's got your blood, old man.
- Hey... This little one needs help. Can you fix it?
- If you don't believe in anything, it no longer has the power to hurt.
- Hey...let's go together. Because it doesn't work without you.
- Like this. You raise your hand up towards the sky. Now you try it.
- What's cool?
- It's true, I was a military dog.
- Let's go back together.
- What is love?
- Oh, Renton...I want to see you.
- It's all right. You see, I believe in you, Renton. I believe in you with all my heart, no matter what happens, so please, Renton, talk to me about everything. I want to know all there is to know about you.
- If I'm with you, I can do anything.
- Please, hold my hand.
- These are...outward proof that I've lived to this day.
- I...I love you so much, Renton.
- I have people dear to me. Linck, Maeter, Maurice, and Renton. I like them a lot. I love them. People dear to me, my family. They taught me all sorts of things when I didn't really know anything. They accepted everything about me before even I did. They let me be who I am. I want to be with those that I love, that I want to protect. I want to be with Linck, I want to be with Maeter, I want to be with Maurice, and, of course, Renton. But if wishing so causes those that are dear to me to be lost, if wishing so makes the planet where they all live disappear, I will stop wishing. But, if it can be allowed, I would like to see them one more time. I want to see you. I want to see you...Renton!
- I see... so, this is the kid that made Eureka laugh, huh!
- He's really not what I was expecting!
- He looks so normal!
- One thing... Please, let me say just one thing. Thanks a lot.
- You don't believe any of what you're saying, do you? No, you've been just fooling yourself as to what you really believe.
- That's something you have to decide. What it is you believe in, and what you decide to do with that belief is all your own responsibility. It's up to you whether to ride the waves or to let'em die. That is the motto that all lifters live by, isn't it ?
- You believed in the waves. If you didn't there's no way you could have pulled off a cut-back-drop-turn. And that means, you believed in the world. And so, the world kindly answered your belief.
- Just get the hell out of there! It's that kid! That little kid was somehow able to deliver the Amita drive into the Nirvash! It's coming... The seven swell!
- Alright! Follow my lead.
- I never get what women are thinking!
- There's nothing wrong with a guy walking around in just his underwear when he's at home, is there?
- He's had no adults to supervise him. And there were no adults who'll really punish him. So, that's why we're gonna have to do it! As the adults in his life, we have to make sure that Renton is properly punished.
- Higher than the sun! (points finger forward)
- Brother, Don't No!
- Heh! If You want to Hurry up your, Death, do it all by yourself!
- Brother, You couldn't have.
- Forcing Kids into Decisions like that, and Eureka chaning her shape into something strange is this what adults should be doing?! DEWEY!!!!!!!!!
Lieutenant Dominic Sorel
- Wait, is west the direction of the hand you hold your fork with?
- To save the people of this planet, I first need to face the truth.
- What's wrong with personal interests?!
- Hey! Fearless leader, can't we get out of here yet?
- Meetings are sudden but through them we change and move forward. Farewells are also sudden, but you can't linger on the moment.
- If some have learned something that is fine. If others have learned nothing that is fine as well, more importantly... it was fun, right?
- It's been said that the trapars speak directly to the human soul and then alter the soul's emotion. But, if that really is the truth, is it logical to assume that the reverse could never happen, that the soul can never change the trapars? I wonder!
- It all sucks. This town sucks, my life sucks, but as long as I got waves, everything's okay. As long as I can lift, it's no problem. So you see, I'm okay sis! I got my lifting and as long as I can keep lifting, no matter where I'm everything's great...
- But you know what Holland says about that. 'Where you were born, doesn't matter much. The spot a person really needs is always right in front of their eyes'.I'm gonna get big, right here on this spot. You see I'm gonna earn myself a really big name and then I'll pull off a cut-back-drop-turn on an LFO just like Holland!
- This totally sucks. That's right. This city completely sucks. It's a hopeless city that's like the definition of sucks. Even if I wanna lift, you don't get any decent waves here. If you want any kind of life, you gotta join the military. But then, I don't know how it is I'm gonna be able to get out of this city. I'm too young to know that. I mean, I've only been alive for 14 years. So all I can do is stay here in the city that's totally sucks.
- This just... this just... this city just... SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!
- I understand. You're lot more worried about what'll happen to you after you retire than about what I want to do with my life, Grandpa. Well, don't worry about it ! I'm gonna make tons of money and make sure to put you in a nice retirement home!
- Come baaack! Crazy old man, what do you think you're doing? That's a replica of the one Holland uses. You can't get'em anymore.
- She's so cute!
- I'm so smart!
- Amazing! She's so nice!
- It's alright! I may not look it, but I'm a professional mechanic.
- See, when you become a mechanic of my caliber, you can sense that machines have feelings, too.
- Sis, this is amazing. She's the ideal girl that doesn't think that the things I say are strange! Sure, she's a little weird, but she's so worried about having trashed my room that she wants to use a flamethrower to burn... burn... burn!?
- I know what you're thinking, sis. But it's not like I'm trying pull off this crazy stunt just because grandpa told me to. It's just.. it's just, I had to tell that girl what I wasn't able to say to her before. The things you told me way back then and the things I have come to believe in now. So, let's go, Renton! Come on, let's go! I'm taking off after that girl.
- Wait! Was this really a good idea? Am I gonna be alright? Aren't I a little too high? Am I really alright?
- You see, I did it because of you and I can't do it without you! I guess that I'm totally in love with you!
- Oh no! Why can't I move the controls? How come? What do I do? Those are missiles! Wait, why won't this move? No way this is happening! Why? What's going on? No, wait just a minute! This is how my life is gonna end? No way! At 14 it's all over? Wait! Wait a minute!
- I don't get it!
- But, at that moment, all I wanted to do is rescue her. And then, it was like, Nirvash told me to trust it, to trust that feeling. That's why I finally decided to believe in it. By believing it I thought that just maybe I would be able to rescue her. Because I thought that it would be the proof of what I believe in.
- It's true that it was the first time a girl said something like that to me. But, sis, the real reason was something different. I thought that it was my job to protect the Amita drive in place of grandpa. And I thought that, I wanted to trust this girl, one more time. That's why I took hold of the hand that reached out to me.
- So, I'm gonna stop running away now. I'm gonna stop. I'm not gonna run, anymore. I'm gonna get some training. I wanna train so that, someday I can become a mechanic, just like you, grandpa!
- I guess, maybe I should have taken some time and given this whole situation a lot more thought. And I really should have tried to imagine exactly what kind of life I was getting myself into and what kind of experiences were waiting ahead for me. But sis... I was just so happy about finally finding something I could really live for, and I was so engrossed by the clear eyes of the girl who's next to me. I used to feel like it was wrong, to even be thinking about this sort of thing!
- Sis, we have a problem.
- Grandpa used to always tell me that reality is different from my ideals. He's right about that, but that was something I already understood and have been totally prepared to accept! But something isn't right! There's something wrong about all this! Why did it have to end up like this? It's depressing..
- A hot kiss from Talho? Well if.. if there's gonna be a prize, I'd like it to be her smile. Alright, as if!
- To tell the truth, I'd been disappointed by Holland and the others because they didn't seem to be cool at all. They didn't do anything, they didn't even tried to do anything. But now... now I'm seeing Holland and the others lift right in front of me! And that's enough for me. Gekkostate is awesome after all, sis.
- Whoever said that first love is both sweet and sour is dead wrong; it's only bitter.
- Well, I suppose that even something like love needs some sort of a lesson! So, please just be gentle with me, OK!
- Well, you see, I don't think I have much of a chance with her anyways so... it all seems pretty hopeless.
- I'll show you guys how to pull off a real practical joke!
- Right. I won't let go even if I die! And I don't want to let go either.
- Because I'm Renton Thurston. And that's what I do.
- It's this 'urban camouflage'... Don't you think that it kind of makes me stand out?!
- See, I made a decision when I came to live aboard the Gekko... that even if I had to make an enemy of the whole world, I would be there to help Eureka! Thanks to you, I'm finally confident in my decision, that kindness rests within discipline! Thank you so much, Brother Doggie!
- That's too strict! You're being too strict, Brother Doggie!
- No, it's okay. It's better if you don't know right now. Just stay who you are.
- Damn it... Damn it... DAMN IT!!!
- You are uniquely you.
- You like me, Eureka?
- I love you, Eureka!
- The worst of the worst person!
- Never beg... you earn, by winning, or else you won't get anything... that's right isn't it Holland?
- I can fly!
- In other words, that which we call memory, no way exists on its own. Which means it's inexorably connected by environment surrounding it. Do you know who it was who said that, Matthieu?
- Man, you are really uneducated.
- Like a god of destruction!
- Hap's doing an emergency disposal of hazardous waste.
- When you think of music or movies, instead of remembering what they are about you’re more likely to be reminded of the memories you have of that time and the people you knew then.
The refboard seller
- It's not the first time I've said it. Renton,you really don't believe in the waves, do you? And because you don't believe in them, you can't ride them well. And so it's impossible, impossible for you to do a cut-back-drop-turn.
- Yep, I'm getting out of this place. (Renton - What? Where are you going?) Out to a bigger city to catch more waves. Let's face it, I'm not doing any business here at all. You are my only customer and you only look at the stuff. You don't buy anything.
- I can not believe that you can't even lift one or two refrigerators. What's wrong with you?
- Oh.. I'm not harassing you Renton, just making fun of you!
- Is this God’s punishment for falling in love with an angel? As the gossamer floats ever eluding my grasp, it weighs heavily upon my heart.
1) Blue Monday
- Talho: Holland, did you copy that? Holland: I don't want to go. Talho: What? What are you talking about? You're the one who suddenly announced you were going to Bellforest. That's why everyone tagged along. Holland: Yeah, yeah. Fine, fine, I'll go already. (looks out window) Geez, what a Monday.
- Stoner: In other words, that which we call a memory in no way exists on its own, which means it is inexorably connected to the environment surrounding it. Do you know who it was who said that, Matthieu? Matthieu: I have no clue. Stoner: Man, you are really uneducated. I said it.
- Renton: Fourteen years have passed since I was born. It's already been fourteen years. It's been fourteen years since I was born, and nothing exciting has happened to me. But, then again, I don't get the feeling that anything will ever happen. My life just sucks.
- (Eureka gets out of Nirvash and Renton stares at her in silence) Eureka: Hey, this little one hasn't been feeling good. Can you fix him? (Renton smiles and blushes at Eureka) Renton: She's cute!
- (Eureka leaves; Renton talks to himself) Renton: Sis, this is amazing. She's the ideal girl that doesn't think the things I say are strange. (blushes) Sure she's a little weird, but she's so worried about having trashed my room that she wants to use a flamethrower to burn...burn...BURN?! (explosion; Renton heads up to check on Eureka) Renton: Wha-wha-what exactly do you think you're doing?! Eureka: A funeral. Renton: A funeral?! But nobody here has died. Wait a minute! There is still some things I can use in there - (he tries to put out flames by stomping on them) HOT!! Oh, no, my clies are being sent to heaven! My clies! My clies! (Renton cries; Eureka smiles and laughs at him).
- Dominic: Why did you fire? Jurgens: What do you mean why did I fire? I don't think we were ordered to protect the TypeZERO, were we? Dominic: As a member of the Intelligence Bureau, I cannot let this pass. Jurgens: Are you saying we should bring even more shame upon ourselves? Dominic: That's not what I... Jurgens: Watch your mouth, information officer Dominic. Up in the sky, orders from airforce officers are given higher priority. Didn't you learn that in cadet school? Dominic: Imbecile. (turns away)
2) Blue Sky Fish
- (At Adrock's grave) Axel: (to Renton and Diane) Look at this. It hasn't been 5 years yet we're the only ones who still bother to come all the way here to visit his grave. I don't know if he's a hero or the grand spirit of our society, but they used him as much as they could, and then they simply threw him out. This is where those who follow their dreams end up. I certainly didn't raise your father to make into someone like that. And yet, here he is - long dead and gone. He brought so much misfortune to his parents. It's far better not to dream at all than to work yourself into the grave for the sake of people who won't even help themselves. (Axel turns to leave) Diane: Our dad... Renton: Huh? Diane: When he left our house for the very last time, he said to me, 'Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything.' I know what Grandpa says, but I still believe in those words. Someday, you'll understand what Dad meant.
- Holland: Matthieu, pull back! Matthieu: Why should I? Holland: Just get the hell out of there! It's that kid! That little kid was somehow able to deliver the Amita Drive to the Nirvash! It's coming...the Seven Swell!
- Hooland: (about Renton) He just did a cutback drop-turn! Matthieu: Wicked! He totally nailed it!
- Eureka: Are you...? Renton: I did it. I actually did it! I was actually able to pull off a full speed cutback drop-turn! It was thanks to you. I was able to do it because of you. You are so amazing! I think that I'm in love with you! Eureka: What? Renton: You see, I did it because of you, and I cant do it without you. I guess that I'm...totally in love with you! (hugs her) Eureka: Love?
- Axel: (staring off at the Seven Swell effects as the light blankets the area) This light will destroy us all and lead us to our deaths. (slight pause; tears roll down face) But how beautiful it is.
- Digger: Old man! Hey, old man! Renton! (looks at the damaged garage) Oh, no. (starts crying) Poor old guy! Axel: Hey, digger? Sorry to bother you, but can I get a light here? It seems this thing got busted in all the excitement. (holds up broken lighter)
- Dominic: Any further combat is useless. We should return to base immediately! Jurgens: That's ridiculous! I've just lost two KLF squadrons. I can't possibly return empty-handed! Dominic: But, sir, now that we've confirmed the Seven Swell effect, we can't fight with what we have here. Jurgens: That's enough! In case you've forgotten, you're supposed to be a mere observer aboard this ship. I think information officers should act like information officers! Dominic: (clutches fist) Fine, then. I will exercise my rights as an information officer. Jurgens: Hmm? Dominic: In accordance with article 56 of military law, I hereby take command of the ship's high-speed craft.
- Axel: But, even so, I at least wanted Renton to have the opportunity to live a normal, happy life. Holland: A normal, happy life, huh? Are you saying that boy wants a so-called normal life? Axel: Someday, he'll realize which of us is right. Holland: Then, why did you have him deliver the Amita Drive? Why did you make him go through with the delivery, even though it meant he had to do something dangerous? You don't believe any of what you're saying, do you? No, you've been fooling yourself as to what you really believe. Axel: No! I'm telling you what I really think! (grabs Holland by the shirt collar) What could a vagabond like you possibly know about any of it?! Holland: Then, why did you hold onto it as if your life depended on it?! Axel: Because, you idiot, it was my son who built it! To tell the truth, you're not qualified to have it! The only one that should have it other than myself is Renton! Understand, I have no intention of forgiving you! But, unfortunately, at the moment, you're the only one available that I can trust the damn thing to.
- Eureka: Hey... (grabs Renton's hand) Let's go together. Because it doesn't work without you. Renton: (in his mind) Admittedly, that was the first time I was ever told something like that by a girl. But my real reason was different, Sis. I really felt that it was my job to protect the Amita Drive in place of Grandpa, and I thought that I wanted to believe in this girl once more. so I grabbed her hand just like she grabbed mine.
3) Motion Blue
- Eureka: (raises hand) Like this. You just raise your hand up towards the sky. Now you try it. Renton: Huh? Eureka: Hurry! Renton: Um, okay. (raises hand) Hey, can you really read the waves just by doing this? Eureka: Stay quiet. Renton: Oh, sorry. (stares at Eureka's lips and blushes)
- Renton: Grandpa, I'm sorry. Until now, I think I've been running away. Axel: Away from what? Renton: From things that I have to do and things I thought were weighing me down. So, I'm gonna stop running away now. I'm gonna stop. I'm not gonna run anymorw. I'm gonna go get some training. I wanna train so that some day I can become a mechanic just like you, Grandpa. Axel: Good, you've come to your senses. It'll be tough. Renton: I know, but it'll be alright. and that's because I'm your grandson. Axel: (crying) Idiot. It's not nice to make an old man cry. (walks away) Renton: (with tears in eyes) Grandpa.
- (Talho looks at Renton suspiciously; heads towards him and touches his face, then grabs his cheeks) Renton: Ahhh! Why'd you do that? Talho: (walks away) Bye bye. Renton: Geez, what was up with that? Holland: How should I know? I never get what women are thinking. (hands Renton the materials he was carrying) Here you go. This is your tent. Renton: (observes Holland's clothing) Holland, did you just get out of the shower or something? Holland: What are you talking about? There's nothing wrong with a guy walking around in his underwear when he's at home, is there?
- Holland: And so, as it stands, as if right now, we have no money. We'd like you guys to come up with ideas that will get us some quickly and easily. Whoever finds us a good way to make money will win... (everyone eagerly waits for his answer) a hot kiss from Talho. (everyone groans with disappointment) Talho: What?! Wait a minute! What's with that reaction?!
5) Vivid Bit
- Renton: Mischa-san, I'm at my limit... Mischa: Renton? What is it? Trouble? Eureka: Sensei, Renton is writhing back and forth. Mischa: Writhing? Renton: Nee-san...I'm...going... (vomits)
- Maeter: Hey, Mama? Eureka: What? Maeter: Mama, who is it you like better? Guys who throw up or guys that don't? (Renton accidentally dumps a bucket of water on himself in the background) Linck: Yeah, Mama, cause, someone who doesn't smell like throw up is better than someone that does. Eureka: That's true. Someone who doesn't smell better. (Renton falls face-down on the floor) Renton: Yeah, well, you know, listen about that. See, the reason why I threw up is I'm still not used to riding in the LFO just yet. And besides, your timing for the cutbacks and other maneuvers is kind of different from the timing I use myself, so I can't quite get in sync with the LFO's movements. Maeter: In other words, you just get along with Mama very well. Eureka: Is that so? Renton and I aren't compatible? Renton: No! Wait a minute! Maeter: Of course it is, Mama. If he got along with you, there's no way that he'd throw up right next to you. Eureka: Renton, it looks like we don't get along very well. (Renton falls face-down on floor again) Now hold on! Whether or not we get along had nothing to do with it! In the first place, that was one of the first times I've ever lifted in an LFO! Besides that, every person has their own timing for lifting moves! And it's not that easy to sync up with the rhythm of somebody else's timing! Right, isn't that true? Maurice: Isn't that what getting along is about?
- Renton: whoever said that first love is both sweet and sour is dead wrong; it's only bitter.
- Talho: (drunk) I cannot believe that you can't even lift one or two refrigerators. what's wrong with you? Renton: Miss Talho...are you having a lot of fun harassing me? Talho: (laughs) Oh, I'm not harassing you, Renton, just making fun of you! Renton: Are you enjoying makin fun of me? Talho: I do not enjoy it at all! But it is amusing!
- Talho: Come on, scoot over a little more. Renton: This is as far as I can get! Talho: I think you just want to press yourself up against me. You are so perverted. Renton: What? I am not! Talho: Are you saying that I'm not attractive? Renton: Geez, I can't win today!
- Renton: Now look here! Linck: Oh, hey! It's only you, Renton. Maeter: Look here? Makes you sound like an old guy talking! Maurice: what do you want, Renton? Renton: Don't you 'what do you want?' me! This is all your guys' doing, isn't it? (points to the scribbles on his face as the kids laugh) I try to stay calm, but you keep setting traps and doodling all over me! Maurice: Yeah, and put roaches in your pockets... Linck: Prank phone calls, too! Maeter: It was so funny when we sewed up the zipper on your pants!
- Renton: Well, umm, exactly...how old is Eureka anyway? Gidget: How old is she? Stoner: Hey, don't ask me. Matthieu: I'd say around 15 or 16, judging from that beautiful figure of hers. Gidget: Oh, Miss Hilda! Matthieu's looking at young girls like a dirty, old pervert! Matthieu: Idiot would you stop that! Talho: You want Eureka as the cover girl for next month's issue? Maybe we'll get some brand new fans. Stoner: Yeah, well, we don't need fans like that. Gidget: Matthieu has a lolita complex! Matthieu: Hey! Do you want me to punch you, Gidget?
7) Absolute Defeat
- Stoner: You must be tired from being in the brig for a week. Renton: I thought that you guys had forgotten about me. Stoner: Well, to be perfectly honest, we did forget about you. Renton: (angrily) Thanks! (Stoner laughs) Matthieu: Don't worry about it. That's Stoner's best attempt of humor.
- Hilda: So are you geniuses hazing out rookie again? Matthieu: Aw, come on, Hilda. It's a tradition! Besides, this is really a way of showing our affection. Hilda: If you ever show me affection like this, I'll punch you in the mouth! Matthieu: Got it.
- (Holland is watching the tape of the prank of Renton) Holland: Heh, heh...I really am uncool.
8) Glorious Brilliance
- Renton: Uh, hey, Eureka? Eureka: Hmm? Renton: Look. (holds the issue of Ray=Out with him on the cover) Do you think it's cool? Eureka: Do I think it's cool? What's cool?
- Eureka: Maeter! How should I do in this situation? How do I scold her? Renton: Ahh, umm... Well, since she worried everyone, maybe a slap and... Ah, wait! Maeter: Mama! (Eureka slaps her) Renton: When you're scolding a boy, that is... Eureka: Maeter! Don't you see that everyone was worried sick about you?! Maeter: (starts crying) I'm sorry!
- Renton: Wait, Holland... Holland: Shut up! I don't have time to explain! If you cant accept what happening around you, then sit here and drink tea forever!
9) Paper Moon Shine
- Ken-Goh: We're currently replenishing our drinking water. We'll take off when that's done. That's what you wanted, right? Holland: Yeah, but those are some great waves out there. Talho: That's pretty unusual, coming from a guy who supposedly lives for the waves. Holland: Alright, what about you? Talho: What? You got a problem?
- Stoner: Hey, Holland, aren't you going to go about and ride the waves? Holland: The waves? Stoner: I mean, those two are going ahead of you. (Holland sees Renton and Moondoggie heading out with their ref boards) Holland: THOSE IDIOTS! (storms off after them)
- Eureka: It's true. I was a military dog.
- Holland: So what did you do with your board? Renton: Huh? Holland: You made a new one, didn't you? Renton: Uh, in the confusion, I kinda lost it. Holland: I see. Well, then, you can put this on your next board. (gives Renton a green wheel) Renton: Hey, isn't this...? Holland: I heard it all from Eureka. As long as you're in possession of that wheel, you are considered an official member of the Gekkostate, which means no more running off on your own.
- Holland: What are you guys doing? Renton: I'm sorry, we were waiting for the water to fill... Holland: I"M ASKING YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
10) Higher Than the Sun
- Holland: HIGHER THAN THE SUN!
- Holland: Brother. You really know how to hit a guy where it hurts. Talho: Your weak spots are just too easy to find.
- Stoner: Hey, Matthieu, can you lower your altitude a little bit? I think I can get a good picture with the light shining in. Matthieu: Get serious! I'm having enough trouble just trying to keep this thing lifting. Stoner: You don't get it, do you? Fine art is something people gladly risk their lives for.
11) Into the Nature
- Matthieu: Okay, so just when I was about to give up, I hear my honey's voice calling out to me. That's when I really cut loose! I went after those pirates and took them down one at a time (inadvertently squeezes too much mayonnaise on his breakfast) Hilda: What a stupid dream, and you're using way too much. (Matthieu groans) Matthieu: It's a dream come true, sweetheart! Hilda: Who the hell are you calling sweet? You idiot!
- Gidget: Hey, I had a good dream last night, too! Hilda: Yeah, what kind? Gidget: I dreamed I was on a date with Moondoggie. Moondoggie: So that's it. Gidget: What? Moondoggie: I was paralyzed in my sleep and woke up covered in sweat. Gidget: Right. Who do you think you're kidding?
- Eureka: Let's go back together.
12) Acperience 1
- Hilda: It seems that the Nirvash was the only one ot make it to the other side again, huh... Damn. Matthieu! Response, Matthieu! Hey, Matthieu! Matthieu: Being completely thrown off the board... How shameful. Stoner: Cheer up. I was able to get a nice picture.
- Talho: You missed it. Ken-Goh: I assure you it's the fault of that miserable Coralian! It's not as if I've lost my touch. Holland: I get it, Hen-Goh, relax.
13) The Beginning
- Renton: I keep telling you, we gotta go west! Dominic: Sorry, but is west the direction of the hand you hold your fork with? Renton: This guy is really nuts.
- Dominic: Where's north? Tell me which way north is on this map? Renton: North is always up, and, by the way, you've got it reversed. Dominic: It's up? Reversed? Where? Renton: Oh, brother. He's seriously nuts.
- Dominic: Looks like we both fell for troublesome ladies. So Renton? Renton: Huh, how do you know my name? Dominic: Dominic. I'm Dominic Sorel.
14) Memory Band
15) Human Behavior
- Renton: (getting ready to drop the Pancha fruit) Are you ready, Matthieu? Please don't drop them. Matthieu: Leave it to me. Even though I look like this, I've got incredible reflexes.
- Hap: Hey, you two, can I ask something? Where's the Puncha Nut? Matthieu: Oh, yeah, that thing? It smelled awful. Hilda: Idiot! Nobody here gives a damn what you think of it! And, by the way, what the hell time do you think it is right now, anyway?! Matthieu: Oh, honey, there's a real good reason why we're late... Hilda: Ugh! You reek of booze! Come with me! (grabs Matthieu by the ear and drags him off) Matthieu: Ow! Ouch, stop it! Stop it, that hurts! You're ripping my ear off!
16) Opposite View
- Mischa: We're acting like we're completely justified to fly through the skies with a dug-up LFO...and use it as a tool to kill people. Have you ever wondered why the LFO takes the shape of a human being? Holland: I think about that...every time I ride the waves. Adroc may have even been able to answer that question.
- Eureka: When I'm right here... When I'm on this floor, I get really sleepy. Renton: Yeah...umm...earlier I...to you...that...I just thought that I should apologize to you about earlier. Eureka: We already had that conversation. Renton: That's right! (shocked look)
17) Sky Lock Gate
- Hap: Hey, I'm curious. What's wrong with Eureka? Renton: I really don't know. Hap: Did something happen between you guys? I always thought that you two made a cute couple. Tell me what happened. Renton: I told you I don't know. Hap: Huh? Can you speak up a little louder? Can't hear you with the wind. Renton: I said I don't know what's going on, alright! Jeez, I wouldn't be having so many problems if I did. Hap: A woman's mind and autumn wind change often. Renton: What the heck is an autumn? Hap: Don't really know. Just something people have always said. (Renton hits a bump on the road) Hey! That was dangerous! Careful! Renton: You remember when we approached the Coralian that day? Hap: Huh? Renton: I think that it started right before that. Somehow, we're drifting apart. Me and Eureka. Hap: So things were going well until then? Renton: Yeah, well, you know, we got along really well. Hap: Heh, that's great! Sweet adolescence. So, what'd you do, you push her or something? (Renton blushes and almost swerves off the road) Hap: Hey, idiot, calm down, will ya? Hey, were you able to kiss her at least? Renton: K-K-Kiss her? Hap: Oh, come on. You didn't get that far? Matthieu: Guy has to push his way toward, you know? Renton: Um, Hap, do you realize that you turned the communicator on? Hap: Oh, so I did. I'm sorry about that. Renton: Don't give me that! You meant to do it! (Hap laughs)
- (Neil turns the radio on and music plays) Stoner: Oh, man. Don't tell me you only have stuff like this? Neil: What do you mean stuff like this? Stoner: When I listen to this kind of music, I get nauseated. Hap: Then you have a drink. Stoner: Will drinking make me feel better? Hap: At least you wont know whether you're nauseous from the music ot all the alcohol you've been chugging like it was water. Stoner: Damn it! I'm drinking. (starts drinking beer)
- Moondoggie: Yeah! Alright! Drink more! Drink more! Drink more! Drink more! Hap: Man, what the hell did you give Moondoggie to drink? Matthieu: Oolong tea. Hap: Oolong tea?!
18) Ill Communication
- Digger: Your name? Renton: Huh? Digger: I asked what's your name? Renton: I'm Renton. My name's Renton Thurston. Digger: You're a Thurston? That great mechanic grandfather of yours isn't by any chance named Axel Thurston, is he, and lives in Bellforest? Renton: Oh, yes. This is the first time someone didn't ask about Adroc Thurston after hearing me say my name. Digger: Well, all diggers, unless they've completely shut themselves off from the world, first think of axel when they hear the name Thurston. It's the dream of every digger to be able to dig up something that can meet that mechanic's criteria. Renton: Oh, I wish Grandpa could hear what you said!
- Matthieu: So, what do you think dinner is tonight? Stoner: Same thing as lunch, I suppose. Matthieu: You mean we gotta eat that awful, thin soup again? We're all gonna starve.
- Matthieu: Hey, Renton! Renton: Yeah, what is it? Matthieu: Go complain about the noise. Renton: Oh, okay. Matthieu: Are you sure? Renton: Yeah, I don't mind. I'm used to dealing with stubborn, old men.
- Renton: (thinking) I didn't care at all, or rather, I want listening to all. I was thinking more about why Mr. Britney had stopped his excavations, why he had given up. Was that mine really dead? And if so, why didn't he just start to dig the next one? Was this something that was impossible for a kid like me to understand? What did he hope to accomplish by stealing the Nirvash and showing it to his son? Sis, why did Dad leave me the Amita Drive? Was it something that Dad really found in an old mine? Is it something that I should be protecting with my life? If is isn't so, Sis...then why am I here?
19) Acperience 2
- Renton: (thinking) Those that punch...those that give up...those that leave me behind... Everyone's selfish. Everyone says what they want and then destroy my faith in them. Same goes for Eureka. She doesn't seem to realize how I feel when I pilot the Nirvash. I'm only piloting it for her sake, but Eureka doesn't believe in me.
- Eureka: (looking at the blank pages of a book) This is me...a book without words.
20) Substance Abuse
- Talho: Stop running away like that. You used Eureka as a means to get away from the army and then to get away from you-know-who. Holland: Not true. Talho: Oh, yeah? what part? When it comes right down to it, you can't do anything without putting the blame on someone else. Holland: Not true! I'm really not like that at all.
- Renton: With these hands, I...I killed someone. Of course, it seems I've been killing people all along. Sis, even when they're in pain, people still become hungry. My hunger disappeared when I ate, but the pain in my heart didn't go away. I'm in so much pain, yet not one person gives me the tiniest kind word.
- Dewey: I'll settle your score with Holland. Do you still decline? Charles: Don't beg for things; do it yourself. Dewey: Then it will be given to you. Holland: (sneezes) someone's spreading rumors about me. Talho: Oh, yeah? An old girlfriend maybe? Holland: Well, you sound awfully irritated.
- Anemone: (kicks Dominic in the face) Boring, boring, boring! It's all boring! Why won't you let me get on theEND, huh? He's crying out for me, you know? Dominic: Anemone, please calm down and try to listen to what I'm saying. Anemone: I don't get it! (kicks him away)
- Renton: It's true, I really did think it was strange. Charles was so forceful, uncaring of the situations that I've been in, and he's so grand and...well, on top of everything, the meal. The meal was so tasty it actually made me cry. Nature and humans can change in the blinck of an eye. That was a surprise to me, but Sis...I think maybe this was the first time in my life...that I felt this peaceful.
- Renton: Humans are truly amazing beings. I'm doing the same things, but the reactions I get are so different. Over there, they yelled at me and told me I was being slow, but over here they asked me if I'm done and are surprised at the speed. There, I was told that I was inconsiderate. Here they laugh at me and say that I don't have to do so much. Honestly, this place is very comfortable. I mean, when I was with the Gekkostate, I was just a... Ray: Homesick? Renton: Huh? No, nothing like that. Ray: Oh, do you miss your mother, then? Renton: (holding her bra) Huh? Uh, well... Ray: I'm just kidding. I came here to tell you we'll be landing soon.
- Eureka: Hey, Mischa. Mischa: Hmm? Eureka: I'm curious. How is Renton? Mischa: I'm pretty sure he's doing fine. I haven't seen him today, though. Why do you ask? Eureka: What is love? (Micsha has a shocked look) Eureka: Mischa? Mischa: Huh? Oh, sorry. I didn't hear what you said. Could you tell me again, dear? (scene changes) Holland, Tahlo, and Hap: Love!
- Holland: Shut your damn mouths, all of you! Renton didn't leave the Gekko in order to mask his stupid whims or his loneliness! (kicks a stool at Moondoggie in anger) He just wanted to leave!
- Ray: Where is he? Charles: His room. You know raising an adolescent son... Ray: It's not too bad. Charles: Yeah. Not bad at all.
- Eureka: (holding Renton's tracksuit) Oh, Renton...I want to see you.
24) Paradise Lost
- Matthieu: I wonder if Eureka's alright. Hilda: I think it's obvious she's not alright. Gidget: She's in pain. I'm sure of it. I know how she feels. Hey, what do you think we should do about it, Moondoggie? Moondoggie: Don't know. why don't you ask Holland? After all, the Gekko is his ship. It was his idea as the leader to bring Eureka here, and then to let Renton aboard the ship. I'm scared another chair's gonna come my way if we try.
- Charles: So, boy, would you like to call Ray 'Mama'? And maybe you'd like to call me 'Papa'? Renton: Huh? Charles: Well, Ray said if you'd like, I mean, it was her idea. Ray: Oh, no, honey, you agreed. Charles: (laughs) Now, Renton, call us Papa and Mama, and use a big voice, okay?
- Charles: Freedom is something that you need to actively acquire. It's not something that's given with no strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility, and prepare yourself for what's to come. Understand, Renton?
25) World's End Garden
- Renton: How long had it been since I left Charles' place? Seemed like forever. I kept walking for the promise, the promise of getting to see Eureka. But...but now I couldn't get myself to even walk. And I was beginning to lose sight of the reason why I kept on walking. Sis...maybe, maybe I... (collapses)
- William: Am I being too talkative?
- (Renton goes out to see what William is up to) William: Be careful! I planted my potatoes there. And carrots over there. And there... I forgot what I planted there. anyway, be careful not to step on the crops. Renton: (looks around in the tall grass) I have no idea where anything is planted!
26) Morning Glory
- Charles: I'm looking forward to this. Ray: Even if the commander is that guy. Charles: Hey...he can hear you.
- Linck: Hey, Mama, is Renton ever coming back home? Eureka: I...don't know. Maurice: Maybe he's not coming back. Eureka: Maurice. Maeter: You're kidding. Linck: He's coming back! You'll see! Maurice: How about it, Mama? Eureka: It's alright. Holland said that he would bring him back here. Linck: Really? Eureka: Yes, and had Holland ever broken a promise to us? Linck: Yeah. Right? Maeter: Yeah. A bunch of times! Maurice: He breaks more promises than he keeps. (Eureka is surprised)
- Talho: Wait, what are you going to do about Renton? Holland: A runaway boy or the Gekko? Even a little kid should understand which comes first. Talho: Then I guess you're lower than a little kid.
- (Eureka snatches Renton's tracksuit from Holland) Holland: So, is that Renton's? Eureka: Have you found him? Holland: I'm sorry, but we're changing course to 1709. Eureka: What about Girnus City? Holland: We can replenish supplies at Callsus. We're facing Charles now. Those guys are... Eureka: But why? Holland: Because Charles and Ray have hooked up with the state army. Eureka: That's not what I meant! You said you were going to Girnus, that you were going to go and bring Renton back to the Gekko! Why aren't you?! Holland: Look, it cant be helped! The Gekko itself is in danger! Eureka: But you faced hundreds of military guys in the past and beat them! Holland: We're talking about Charles here, and you know what I'm talking about! Eureka: Do you really hate Renton that much, Holland? Holland: I don't hate him. Its just that he acts like a brat. Eureka: That's why you left him behind? That's why you punched him? That's why you kicked him, too? Holland: That's not it. I just...I...you are more important to me than Renton. That's all. Eureka: Well, I...I just don't feel that way. (Eureka runs off and Holland sits on the bed, disappointed)
- (after Renton saves Eureka from Charles and they are in the Nirvash cockpit) Eureka: I did it! I was able to do it because of you, Renton! It can't be anyone but you! Renton, I...uh... (she blushes and he hugs her) Renton: Doing all this on your own. But still, I'm relieved that you're alright. Eureka: I've wanted to talk to you for so long. (she starts crying) Renton: Me too. There's so much I want to tell you.
27) Helter Skelter
- Charles: I'm beginning to feel the tight pinch in the bottom of my stomach. I haven't had this feeling in a while. Ray: The tension one feels before death is the feeling of being alive.
- Talho: Been a long time, Ray. Ray: Talho Yuki from Intelligence, huh? The office-working spy who was dating her boss and then got demoted.
- Holland: A few minutes ago...I ended the life of Charles Beams.
28) Memento Mori
- (flashback) Charles: Ray? Ray: You heard, right? It's all over now. They told me that I can't have your child. Charles: That's enough. Ray: (crying) They said it was because of the light that shined on me during that phenomenon. I'm sorry, Charles. I'm sorry. (Charles kisses her)
- Renton: I want to know. Wasn't there a way for you not to have to kill him? (about Charles) Holland: Charles was a member of the SOF, just like Eureka and I and Ray, too. Renton: Why does Ray hate Eureka so much? Holland: Charles and Ray always wanted to start a family, but Ray was unable to bear children. Renton: Huh? Holland: and Ray believes that the reason why she can't lies with Eureka. Even if it costs me my life, I'm going to protect the two of you, but if something happens to me, I's trusting you with Eureka. You were the one she chose. Earlier, you asked why it was I killed Charles? Because we're both the type of people that don't know any other way. The same can be said for Ray.
- Ray: It's far too late...for everything. Renton: Please, Miss Ray. Ray: Renton, Eureka, the one you're there to protect, took every happy future from your mama. Now it's my turn to take everything away from your future, Eureka. Renton, you've been possessed by a horrible and dangerous monster, but it's alright. Mama will save you, and we'll all go together to where Charles is waiting for us.
- Eureka: Renton? Renton: (after giving a blood transfusion to Holland) Everyone is so selfish. They say whatever they want to say, and nobody ever tells me the truth. They're just selfish. If you talk to me, I can be of help. If you talk to me, I should be able to support you...but in the end, I can't do anything, and I'm not able to act for anyone's sake. Besides, even if I did something, I'd just... (Eureka holds his hand and rests her head on his shoulder) Eureka: It's alright. You see, I believe in you, Renton. I believe in you with all my heart, no matter what happens, so please, Renton, talk to me about everything. I want to know all there is to know about you. Renton: Me, too. I want to know everything about you, Eureka. I want to know more about your life. (Eureka looks troubled)
29) Keep On Movin
- Hap: Hey, what are you doing? Moondoggie: (mopping) What? What do you mean? I'm cleaning, can't you tell? (Gonzy walks by) Aah! Gonzy, I just finished mopping up that part of the floor!
- Renton: I'm sorry I did this without permission. I thought that as long as I'm on board this ship waiting to talk to Holland, I'd try to make good use of myself. Hap: Come on, Renton. Don't be saying depressing stuff like that. I really don't know what you've determined to do with your life, but I'm not gonna get in your way. In fact, I'd...I'd like to cheer you on because you're one of our dear friends. Renton: (surprised) Thank you, Hap. (Talho comes in) Talho: Renton. Renton: Yes? Talho: We didn't create the Gekkostate in order to pretend we're some sort of an extended family. You understand? Hap: Hey, Talho, there's no reason for you to put it that way. Talho: Why don't you just shut up, Hap! Renton: Yes, I know. I think the reason this ship exists is in order to go to war. Talho: By any chance do you happen to know why we're at war? Renton: No I don't. Talho: So you can fight without knowing the reason why? Renton: I cant fight at all. And I can't fight at all, either. Talho: Really? Even if this war was started by that famous father of yours, Adroc Thurston, who saved the world? (Renton and everyone is shocked) Adroc was working as a technician for the army when one day he made the shocking assertion that this land, Scub Coral, was actually a Coralian, a sentiment being. He tried to prove his assertions, but in the process of the investigation at the Great Wall. adverse effects on humans, believed to be from Scub Coral, expanded among the researchers and army associates. The army officials, hearing of this, decided to get rid of the Coralian, and Adroc, in the end, was against it. He was convinced, he was absolutely convinced, that the Coralian was an intelligent life form. That qas why he had searched for a way to co-exist. His conviction was cemented by the emergence of a human-shaped Coralian. The name of the humanoid Coralian...is Eureka. (everyone is more shocked)
30) Change of Life
- Renton: Talho, you don't...you don't like it, do you, Talho, about my blood flowing through Holland's body? Talho: Holland never forgets about people he used to care about, about Diane, who's no longer here...about your sister. Renton: Wait, why would Holland know anything about my sister? Talho: Because he's just that kind of guy. He cant forget about the woman who dumped him. He's unfashionable, stupid, clumsy, and nothing but a fool who knows only how to act physically! He's really a good-for-nothing! (she starts crying and Renton starts walking away) I'm sorry, Renton, that Holland is someone like this. Renton: (stops and looks back at her) Talho, it's true, of course. I really did like my sister. But, I'm...I'm not her. I am who I am. Besides, I think you're the only one that can support Holland right now and give him exactly what he needs. Talho: Idiot.
- Matthieu: We're heading towards an army laboratory? You're not serious, are you? Hap: We can't help it. The only place that we can get the Nirvash repaired is the Tressoir Laboratory where it was made. Matthieu: And yet you pull out all the scary stuff like we're gonna go out and rob someone. Hilda: Better safe than sorry, I always say. A fake ID code has been sent out. Hap: We'll go fast. Make sure to grab one person to be a hostage.
- Sonia: Oh, so this is where you've been hiding. Eureka: Sonia? Sonia: It's been quite a while, Eureka. Looks like you've been well. Renton: You know her? Eureka: Yeah. You see, this was the first place they brought back when they found me. I've known Sonia since that day. Renton: Found?
- Holland: What is up with this old-fashioned music? Puts me in a bad mood. Talho: You haven't changed a bit. Holland: Huh? Talho: You've always hated old music like this, at least since I've known you. Holland: Shut up. will you? Talho: We say all this stuff now, but someday we're going to be old men and women, too. Holland: I said shut up.
31) Animal Attack
- Talho: (she walks in) Have you guys seen Holland? (Matthieu and Hilda have shocked expressions) Matthieu: Uh...he was on the bridge earlier. Talho: Idiot. It's not like he's in any condition to freely move around. (she walks away) Hilda: She changed her hairdo. Matthieu: Put straight, she got dumped. Hilda: (she slaps him) Even her outfit is different. Matthieu: Oh, put straight, she just realized her real age. (she slaps him so hard that it knocks him off his seat)
- Jobs: Dr. Bear! Gidget: Who's that? Jobs: The pre-eminent man in the research of archetypes! You don't know him? Gidget: Sorry, but I've never heard of him. Jobs: Greg Egan, who's nickname is Dr. Bear, never steps outside of his lab and only researches things that spark his interest. However, every paper that he publishes is always top notch, or rather, he goes far beyond current thinking, and not many people can understand him. Gidget: In other words, a looney. Jobs: Wh-what was that?! You'll get cursed for saying that!
32) Start It Up
- Axel: (talking about Renton) Ha! Until recently, that boy was still wetting his bed every night. Since when has he been able to walk out in the world all on his own without me having to pull him along by the hand? It was instant. Heh! It really was nothing more than an instant. In time, he'll grow to be an adult. He doesn't need me to help him along with that. This is the last time I'm ever going to mess in that kid's affairs. My last job is to deliver this board, and I'm gonna make sure it gets delivered!
- Eureka: What should I do?! How can I ever be forgiven for what I've done?! Please, someone tell me! Renton: Don't, Eureka. Hey? Eureka: After all, I'm a...horrid monster to them. (Talho walks in, grabs Eureka and slaps her) Renton: Miss Talho? Talho: Go back to the ship, Eureka, right now. I know it's hard for you, but try to remember one thing: you have all of us at your side.
33) Pacific State
- Sonia: What do you thing you're doing? Matthieu: What in the hell does it look like we're doing? We're going lifting! Sonia: I can see that! How is it that you can be so calm about everything?! Mischa: Sonia, I don't think youre getting enough calcium in your diet.
- Holland: (crying after falling off his ref board) I'm so pathetic, Talho. I'm pathetic, aren't I? I'm sorry. The only thing I had any talent for was lifting. Talho: But you still like it, don't you? Holland: Yeah. I love lifting, and this planet that lets me lift. That's why I cant forgive the existence of beings that want to destroy it. Talho, no matter what happens from now, I want to protect this planet that I met you on, and you, for loving me, despite being so pathetic. Talho: (crying) Idiot. You're making all my makeup run off of my face.
- Holland: Until now, I've been living my life by using all sorts of things. In order to survive, I've used lifting and the entire counterculture surrounding it. What I didn't realize is that I was hurting them every time I used them. And that's not all. Saying I was protecting something important, I also hurt a lot of people, like Eureka and Renton. I'm sorry for what I did. Forgive me. Renton: Holland... Holland: But that's not what I came here to say. As of this moment, the Gekkostate is disbanding. (everyone gasps in shock) Hap: What? Talho: One of the assistants from my intelligence department days found him. Apparently, Master Norb has appeared along in the Capital, seeking audience with the three Sages. Hap: The Capital?! Holland: We don't have a lot of time. Master Norb, who has been in complete hiding for the past three years, showed up in the enemy headquarters, of all places, which means he's resigned himself to the current location. The thing is, we cant afford to lose him right now. Losing him means losing the possibility of humans and Coralians co-existing on this planet, like what we have right here in front of our eyes. I'm going into the Capital to rescue Master Norb. I probably won't make it out in one piece. I've decided to do this for my own personal reasons and nothing else. I cant force any of you to follow me. Those that want to get off this ship should get off, or stay if you wish. No matter, what choice you make, I will honor it as your decision. That's the last order I give you as the elader of the Gekkostate. That's all. Disband.
- (After Holland's speech; on the bridge) Ken-Goh: It's been three years, hasn't it? Holland: Since what? Ken-Goh: Since you took control of the Gekko and escaped out of the military. Come to think of it, it was just the three of back then, right, Talho? Talho: Yeah. I know it's true that we don't have any time left, but we can just start over from square one. Holland: Thanks, Talho. Hap: I think that's the first time I've ever heard you say that word. Holland: Huh, jeez. Hap: You and I have been together since we were three-years-old. I hope you say that to me once before I die. Holland: I will. Gidget: Leader, you've got a message from Stoner. He's developing film right now, so he doesn't want you to make any sudden moves. Talho: Okay, Gidget. Jobs: Engine room here. Engines are good. All systems show no malfunctions. we can go any time. Moondoggie: This is the catapult control room. Right now, we have the 606 on the turntable. The 606 is formally requesting clearance from the bridge to release the catapult for a scouting mission. Hilda: This is the 606. Leader, you know you're gonna need an LFO in the air for what you're trying to do right now, right, Matthieu? Matthieu: That's right, Leader. Holland: Matthieu... Woz: I'm not seeing any enemy bogies on the radar. Holland: Woz, I... Woz: The central computer is back up and running, just like our leader. Holland: You guys... Gekkostate is- Renton: We're not going to let you disband us. We all talked it out. I mean, come one, let's face it, Holland. All of us could see that what you're trying to do right now is nothing different from what we've been trying to do all along, and that is what the Gekkostate is all about! Holland: Renton... Talho: Now, Leader, hurry up with your orders. Everyone here is waiting for you to tell them what to do. Holland: All hands! The Gekko's mission now is to invade the Capital! Operational details will follow, but for now, let's change course. head for the next point were we can perform trajectory flight! Got that?! Everyone: Roger! (Gekko slams full speed, causing Stoner to hit the wall) Stoner: Hey! Come one! Wasn't anybody listening to my request? I guess this time I'll let it go, considering I've just finished creating the best piece of my life. (looks at the picture of Renton and Eureka happily lifting on the longboard in the sunset) The title for this one is...hmm...let's see...how about something like..."Pacific State"?
34) Inner Fight
- (Moondoggie and Gidget are packing away the shop goods) Moondoggie: Don't touch. Gidget: Hey, why are you so upset? Maeter: Should we drink it? Linck: Yeah. Let's drink it. Moondoggie: You better not drink it without paying for it! Gidget: You don't have to yell at them! You've been acting really strange. Maurice, maeter, and Linck: Strange, strange, strange! Moondoggie: Shut up. You should be on the bridge. Stuff like this is about all I can do. Gidget: What are you talking about? Look, if you're gonna work, you might as well enjoy it. Besides, if you don't have anything else to do, you can go find something. Maurice, Maeter, and Linck: You can. Moondoggie: Yeah, well, you wouldn't understand. Gidget: I wouldn't understand, huh? Doggie, you're an idiot. (she leaves) Maurice, Maeter, and Linck: You idiot! (they also run off)
- Holland: (to Renton) I have no idea what you did to become her partner, but I know no matter what, you need to believe in yourself. Remember that although you chose her first, she chose you in the end. (he turns to leave; Renton and Eureka blush and look at each other with surprised expressions)
- Renton: (thinking to himself) I want to protect Eureka, and it has nothing to do with being a partner or about the world in general. I just want to be by Eureka's side. That feeling hasn't changed one bit from the very beginning.
35) Astral Apache
- Dominic: (to the Ageha Squad) Hey! You never told me. Did the Colonel read my report? Ageha Girl A: What report? Dominic: The one I gave you! The new report concerning the TypeZERO and its pilots. Ageha Girl A: When the time is right, I'm confident that he'll read it, that is, if it really was something truly important. Dominic: What do you mean, "if it was something truly important"? Don't you get it? The TypeZERO specs went up. Why cant you people understand? This is important! (Anemone grabs his collar and slams him against a wall) Dominic: Anemone? Anemone: So you've submitted a report? Dominic: Uh... Anemone: I don't think you would have, but you didn't write that theEND lost, did you? Dominic: Anemone, that's really not important here. Anemone: Of course it's important here! Do you think he'll give me another chance to try? I failed twice already. (starts pounding the wall) Do you think Dewey would give me a third chance? Why can't you understand something so simple? Why are you such a stupid idiot?
- Holland: I'm so glad that you held yourself back. Norb: Held back what, Holland? Holland: Huh? Well, didn't you come to the Capital to destroy the city? Norb: Are you kidding me? You want to kill me? It couldn't happen. My age is catching up. Is there any way I could get a smoke now? Holland: You just said your age is catching up and you want that?
- (Eureka looks at her reflection on the Nirvash and is startled by her scars) Renton: (runs up to Nirvash after seeing a scratch on it) No, poor thing. Look at the big scratch he got. And we just improved all his specs, too. (he starts repainting it) Eureka: Oh. Scratches are...bad? Renton: Um...well, I guess you really can't help getting scratched up in battle, but it's better to have it nice and smooth. Eureka: Oh. (she walks away) Renton: Hmm. Great! It's back as good as new. See, I'm sure Nirvash is happy about it, too. You can hear him, can't you? (he turns around to find Holland, in his swimsuit, instead) Uh...Eureka? Holland: You want to hang out with me? Renton: Oh...
- (Eureka is looking at herself in the mirror) Gidget: Does it bother you? You can hide it easily with concealer. Eureka: Concealer? Gidget: Oh, yeah...you never had to wear any makeup before. Hmm...you're lucky! Eureka: Why do you wear makeup? Gidget: I can't imagine life without makeup! Because it makes me look prettier. Doggie's happy when I look pretty. Eureka: If you become pretty with makeup, Doggie gets really happy? Gidget: Mm. If I don't wear makeup, his attitude towards me gets different. Eureka: Like Renton. He got very happy, too, when the Nirvash got prettier. Gidget: So, what? Now I'm an LFO? Eureka: Gidget... Gidget: Hmm? Eureka: Um...can you put makeup on me, too? I want to be pretty like you.
- Holland: (about Eureka) So, how far have you gotten with her? Renton: What? Holland: Have you at least kissed her yet? Renton: Nothing like that! (Holland dumps a bucket of water on him) Holland: Be honest about it! Tell me or you don't get out! Renton: But I'm telling the truth! (Holland ducks him underwater) Holland: Out with it, damn it!
- (Holland and Renton are passed out in the lodge from heat exhaustion) Matthieu: Call everyone over! You don't get to see Holland making a fool out of himself very often. Holland: Yeah, very funny. Renton: I finally heard it. Holland: Huh? Renton: The whole story about your very first love. Holland: Just keep it quiet from Matthieu.
37) Raise Your Hand
- Norb: Everything is as the Vodarac guides it. What kind on ending will mankind see? That's for the people to decide. Holland: Unfortunately for you, I'm not a worshipper of the Vodarac. I can't let something like this determine the destiny of mankind.
38) Date of Birth
- Renton: Eureka, what's beyond the Great Wall? Eureka: I don't know, but there's one word I know to describe it. Renton: What is it? Eureka: Future. That is what is beyond the Great Wall, Renton. Adroc said that to me. Renton: My dad did? (he is shocked as she nods her head) Wait, you mean you know all about my dad? Eureka: What's wrong? Renton: You should've told me that you knew. Eureka: About what? Renton: About my dad! Eureka: Well, I didn't think tou would want to hear about him that much. Am I wrong? Renton: (he grabs her shoulders) He's my family! Geez, any human would want to hear about their family, wouldn't they? Eureka: I don't understand that, Renton! Renton: What do you mean you don't understand? It's the natural way for humans to think! What's wrong with you?! Eureka: What's wrong...is that I'm not human. (she runs away)
- Moondoggie: Um, guys, I have a question that we should keep just between us. Gidget: What is it? Moondoggie: Uh, well, never mind. It was just a stupid thought. Hilda: Come on, Moondoggie. You cant say that and then drop it its gonna drive me crazy. Moondoggie: Oh, well, all right. Are those two able to...to do it? Gidget: (slams the table) You're such a jerk, Moondoggie! Hilda: You can just get out of here right now! Matthieu: Hey, now, wait a minute, hold on here! This is a question that could be important for Renton. Hilda: I've had enough! I was a fool to come and ask you guys for advice. Let's go, Gidget. (the two girls leave)
- (Holland and Talho are walking down the corridors, Eureka is running up to them) Eureka: Hey, Holland! Holland: Eureka? What's wrong? Eureka: Holland, is it true you're a dad? Holland: Uh, no, but pretty soon I'm gonna become one. Eureka: Oh, really? How? Holland: Uh, wait, you want to know how? (confused) Yeah, how... (Talho shoulders him, giggling) Eureka: Do humans really need to have a dad around? Dads are really important, aren't they? Holland: Hmm, well, I won't know until I become one. Eureka: Oh, so maybe that's why Renton was so aggressive. (Holland and Talho gasp surprisingly) Holland: What? Eureka: Maybe Renton wants to become a dad himself. (long pause, Holland rampages down the corridor) Holland: RENTON! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! (Matthieu and Moondoggie are decorating Renton's room) Renton: Um, hey, guys? What exactly are you doing? Matthieu: You just leave everything to us. Moondoggie: That's right. (Holland barges into Renton's room and lifts him by his collar, scaring Matthieu and Moondoggie) Holland: Damn you! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO EUREKA?! (he roughs up all three of them)
- Dewey: (to a large audience) From the Coralian attack of our Capital, we lost two of the great foundations of our troubled world. They were killed by the Coralians, whose existence they kept hidden. In a way, you could say, they each got what they deserved. However...however, I had not wished for them to be murdered in cold blood. They - the Sages - should have apologized to all of us. Though, come to think of it now, they might have been agonized by the great regret that they were most certainly feeling. Now I have been given a direct order by Coda, the sole remaining Sage of our world...to strike! To strike immediately and decisively! And so I ask again for the full deployment of the Ageha Squad! We shall attack into the heart of the Great Wall, where the Coralian base is located, and exterminate them from existence!
39) Join the Future
- Matthieu: (about the board with Holland's "special schedule" for the soccer game) Hey, Holland! How come you're not in the starting line up? Talho: He's just that kind of guy.
- (Renton holds the ball too long, allowing Moondoggie to steal it and score a goal) Gidget: Jeez! What the hell do you think you're doing, Renton?! Eureka: Renton, stop joking around.
- Linck: Have fun, Mama! Maeter: Play good, Mom! (Renton walks by and turns to Eureka) Eureka: I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to be so harsh. (Renton smiles weakly) Eureka: Don't worry, Renton. I'll do my best to cover for you. Renton: Ah... (goes back to gloomy mood)
40) Cosmic Trigger
- Eureka: Are you happy you're having a baby? Talho: Half and half, I think. After all, I'm going to have to deal with two kids now. Eureka: You mean you're going to have two babies? Talho: No, that's not it. Sometimes Holland is like a young kid, just like Renton is. Eureka: I don't think Renton's a young child anymore, Talho! Talho: What? You're mad at me? Eureka: I am not mad! Talho: Of course you're mad. Eureka: I am not, Talho! Talho: (pokes her in the cheek) You're so cute. (Eureka throws a pillow at Talho, and they start a pillow fight)
41) Acperience 3
- Norb: (about Sakuya) And always, she gave me this gloomy look. Even with the food, she'd just eat one bite. Normally, you'd want to do something about that, right? Sakuya: I couldn't help it. The food was crappy. and I didn't move or walk around much anyways, so I didn't really need to eat a lot. And oh, was it boring... There was absolutely nothing to do and no one to talk to. So boring.
- Holland: We're okay, don't worry. I don't plan on dying here. We won't die; I wont let anyone die, got it?! Even if hell gets in our way, we're coming back as survivors!
42) Star Dancer
- Dominic: No way! You injected yourself?! Anemone: That's right. I did it...because I cant fight without it. Dominic: Anemone, that enough! What reason could you possibly have to inject this much medication?! Anemone: I have a good reason. I mean, it's what Dewey is wishing for.
- Norb: Lady Sakuya, I...I, um...well...uh, Lady Sakuya, is there something the matter? Um, do you find yourself dissatisfied to be here with someone like me? I know. You're still not going to forgive me...for leaving...for abandoning you here all those years ago. Sakuya: Back then, if you had not called my name like you did, I'm sure I wouldn't be here right now. Here, look at this. It's my book. (hands the book to Norb) It's forty years of blank pages. The pages before that were full. Norb: What? (there's a page in her book with a heart) Sakuya? Sakuya: You finally called out for me. I'm glad. I've been waiting a long time. Let's get started, for the sake of those children. Norb: For them and for our sake as well.
- Anemone: (while chasing Renton and Eureka) So I guess that you are trying to get away from me? Stuff like that pisses me off!
- Anemone: (Holland fights her) Now what's up with this? You just gonna just run away? Holland: I won't let you interfere with them!
- Anemone: (to Holland) Bye-bye, Mr. Ugly! It's your fault you got in the way! (destroys Holland's LFO)
43) The Sunshine Underground
- (Dominic gives Anemone some anemone flowers) Anemone: An anemone? Dominic: Huh? Is that what it's called? Well, its just a coincidence. I really don't know much about flowers. Anemone: Do you know the meaning behind an anemone? Dominic: Um, sorry, no. Anemone: Disappearance of hope. You meant it as an insult for all my failures, didn't you? Dominic: No! I told you, I don't know about flowers! Anemone: You don't know? You're right; you don't know anything. You don't know why it is I fight or what's going to happen to me if I keep failing in my battles. Dominic: How can you say that? I...huh? Anemone: Tell me, then, will you save me? Are you willing to save me from this? Dominic: Of course. I'd be honored, Anemone. (he kisses her and she bites his lips)
44) It's All in the Mind
- Dominic: (thinking to himself after seeing the experimented girls die) The world has completely changed. I thought I had been wishing for it to happen. I thought I was prepared to see the sight in front of me. But still...what is it? What is this feelings I have? (vomits)
- Maurice: Stop it. Renton: Huh? Sorry? (looks at the book and points to Africa on the map section) I think we're right about here right now. Maurice: It doesn't matter. They're all the same because we'll never leave here for the rest of our lives. Renton: Look, I'm sure we'll find a way. I mean, let's face it - up until now, we've been able to make it through everything. Maurice: What are you talking about? This is different from before! Everything is totally different! Renton: Maurice? Maurice: Holland's not here, Talho's not here, and Hilda and Stoner - they're all gone! And Mama's gone crazy! She's not getting any better, so save all your crap for the others!
45) Don't You Want Me?
- Holland: Hey, I really get disgusted with that goody-two-shoes talk. Dominic: All right then, there's someone I love. (everyone is shocked) No, more like infatuation, and she doesn't care for me one bit. But then...none of that really matters. I don't want her to be in any more pain than she already has been. I just want to save her! She's the pilot of theEND. I want to protect Anemone.
46) Planet Rock
- Eureka: What's the matter? Maeter, what's wrong? Maeter: Well, you know, somewhere...somewhere way, way back, I was covered in something that was warm and smelled nice. Maurice: Stop it, Maeter. Maeter: But then, it...it suddenly turned really cold. Maurice: I told you, stop it! Eureka: I'm so sorry. I was the one responsible for your mama's... Maurice: Mama, you're our Mama now. Linck: That's right, you're our Mama. Maeter: Mama! (everyone starts crying)
- (after Eureka grew wings) Maeter: Look, Mama's turned into a butterfly!
- (after seeing Eureka's new wings) Renton: Beautiful. Eureka: Uh? Renton: I really think those wings look good on you. (Eureka is shocked and happy, and hugs him) Eureka: Renton! I...I love you so much, Renton. I want to be with you forever! Renton: Me too. It's a promise.
47) Acperience 4
- (to Renton in a flashback) Diane: If you believe so, we'll see each other again.
- Renton: Sis, is it you?! Diane: Hello, Renton. Been a while. Renton: (crying and hugs her) Oh, Sis! Diane: You've grown quite a bit since a last saw you. Renton: Where did you run off to, Sis? I thought I'd never, ever see you again. Diane: I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to worry. But now, you and I will always be together.
48) Ballet Mechanique
- Anemone: (thinking) Well, you know, a lot of things happen in life. Any regrets? Of course, if I said that I didn't have any, it would be a lie. I'm still very, very young. I want to go shopping and eat a lot more of the different yummy foods out there and listen to music and stuff, you know? Oh, yes, and of course, even a wonderful romance. If I could have that, it would really be the best. Really...the best. But the way I feel right now, "Oh, brother," is all I can say. Really. Oh brother.
- Anemone: (thinking) Someone on my mind? I had someone. Yeah, past tense. I think about how I should have told him I felt. I kind of hate myself a bit for that, but there's nothing I can do about it now. The next time I'm born into this world, if that's even possible, I'd like to be born as someone who's more clever than I am now. Well, I really cant do anything about it. I feel this self-hatred.
- (while fighting Renton and Eureka) Anemone: If, even after this battle, they tell me I can live on, I'll go and buy a small mirror somewhere and practice smiling. Maeter: She has a sad voice. Linck: Don't dry. Maurice: Renton? Eureka: Let's save her. (Renton nods) Anemone: I'll practice over and over so that I can see him once again. Eureka: I can hear it! I can hear your voice! Anemone: If they tell me that I can live without hurting anyone else, I'll let my hair sway in the wind, take a giant step onto the Earth and go see him. I want to live, to say my thanks. I want to live, to give so may feelings to people. Renton: But you can! Anemone: I want to live! I wish I didn't realize I had feelings like this! Eureka: It's all right for you to live. Nobody has ever said that you had no right to live. Anemone: (crying) But I'm in so much pain. He's nowhere where I can see him. And that's...and that's why! (she sees Renton and Eureka holding hands with the kids beside them) Eureka: Your feelings will be passed on, Anemone. Anemone: They won't, Eureka. They won't be passed on to anyone now.
- (while falling from the sky) Dominic: Well, then. Hi, there. Long time no see. Anemone: Idiot! What do you think you're doing, letting yourself fall into a place like this? Dominic: I...I'm sorry. Anemone: It's okay. I'll make an exception and forgive you. Dominic: Huh? Anemone: You came to find me, and you saved me. Dominic: I don't think I really saved you. Anemone: You tried to save me. Dominic: This is the first time you've ever given me that expression. It's quite wonderful. Anemone: I can't hear you! Dominic: Huh? I'm telling you that I love it! Anemone: (kisses his forehead) This is my first time to have such a wonderful feelings. I wouldn't care if I died right now. (they share a kiss)
49) Shout to the Top!
- Anemone: Dominic... Dominic: The colonel is a real bastard!
- Holland: I see. So, this is what you guys decided? Renton: Yeah, but, Holland, right now up above- Holland: Don't worry. we haven't reached the Limit of Questions. Are you guys sure about this? Renton: It's all right. I'm sure the five of us can do it. Eureka: Yeah, and, besides, we cant just leave the Nirvash here all alone. Holland: Jeez, it's so soon. You already have a good family.
- Holland: (after learning of Renton and Eureka's choice to become the command cluster to save the planet) Forcing kids into decisions like that, and Eureka changing her shape into something strange... Is this...WHAT ADULTS SHOULD BE DOING?! DEWEY?!
- Holland: (to Dewey in their fight) If you die, I'm gonna kill you!
- Dewey: 10,000 years ago, the peace of this planet was shattered by the Scub Corals. Individual bodies were lost, and human dignity was destroyed past the point of no return. what reason does this planet have to live on after receiving such treatment? Holland: Ha! If you want to hurry up your death, do it all by yourself! Dewey: I'm sorry, but I'm someone who gets rather lonely.
50) Wish Upon A Star
- Eureka: (as she starts to become the command cluster) I have people dear to me. Linkc, Maeter, Maurice, and Renton. I like them a lot. I love them. People dear to me, my family. They taught me all sorts of this when I didn't really know anything. They accepted everything about me before even I did. They let me be who I am. I want to be with those that I love, that I want to protect. I want to be with Linck, I want to be with Maeter, I want to be with Maurice, and, of course, Renton. But if wishing so causes those that are dear to me to be lost, if wishing so makes the planet they all live disappear, I will stop wishing. But if it can be allowed, I would like to see them one more time. I want to see you. I want to see you...Renton!
- Jurgens: Here you are. You think it's good for a leader to be sitting around wasting time like this? Holland: You know what they say. A pilot without his LFO is kind of like a fish out of water.
- Anemone: I'm jealous of Eureka. She has so many people that would risk their lives for her. Jurgens: Don't be ungrateful. You have someone there for you, a man named Dominic. Dominic: (blushing) C-Captain! Anemone: (holds Dominic's hand) You're right. I do have Dominic at my side, someone who much more handsome than Eureka's boyfriend.
- Maurice: Nirvash finally answered your call, didn't he? Renton: That's right, Maurice. Maurice: Please, you got to go and save Mama! Our Papa is the only one in the world who can save our Mama! Holland: You better go, Renton. If she's the one you love, go get her back. You're a man, right? Renton: Yeah! I...CAN...FLY! (launches Nirvash against anitbodies) Renton: I'm sorry, Eureka. I have to defeat some of your fellow Coralians, and if you tell me that's a sin, then I'll just have to carry its weight on my shoulders, because no matter what, I HAVE TO GO WHERE YOU ARE, EUREKA!
- (after breaking through the Zone) Renton: Don't just say "bye-bye". Don't try to go all by yourself. Eureka: (happy and crying) You came, Renton! You really came! Renton: Of course. I made a promise, didn't I? That we would always be together forever. Eureka: But you don't understand. I cant go back anymore. Renton: If you're making a choice; you want to give being a Coralian in order to save this planet, I choose not to be human. (he approaches her and they look at each other) Eureka: Huh? Renton: I cherish this planet I met you on and everyone on it. They're all dear to me, but I'm not willing to lose you for their sake. (he puts a flower hairclip in her hair) There, that's better. Eureka: Renton? Renton: Eureka, let's become one. I won't let you be alone. Eureka: (nods) Yes. If I'm with you, Renton, I can do anything. (they share their first kiss and the Second Summer of Love is activated)
- Nirvash: (to Renton and Eureka) Thank you. Renton: Nirvash? Nirvash: Renton, Eureka, your emotion have been engraved forever into my Compac. Finally, I will be able to attain enlightment. (as the command cluster break apart) Now live on this planet. Go and live together and show the way all that live on this precious world, using the brilliant light called "hope." Eureka: Nirvash? (Nirvash starts to disappear in a bright light and green orbs form a circle of trapar around the planet) Nirvash: Not all the beings can remain on this land. Half will depart together with us. However, Renton, Eureka, if on this planet an evolution takes place for the better and the two are able to become one, we will return and show ourselves in front of you once again. I believe that such a day will some day come. (after Nirvash disappears) Eureka: Thank you, Nirvash. Renton: Thank you, everyone. Eureka: Renton, let's go home. Renton: Yeah, home to our planet. (they share a second kiss and fall towards the planet's surface)
- Talho: Hey, Holland, do think that maybe... Holland: I think its obvious. Renton chose to become one of them - a true hero, more so than his own father.
- He use the english language for said this in episode #50.