Fast & Furious 5 is a 2011 action film which follows wanted fugitives Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel), Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) and Mia Toretto (Jordana Brewster) as they plan a heist to steal $100 million from corrupt businessman Hernan Reyes (Joaquim de Almeida) while being pursued for arrest by DSS agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson).
- [miffed at Brazilian street racer challenging him for pink slips] That little coupe may run the streets around here, but [indicating his Charger] that monster has never seen a set of tail lights, ever.
- ENOUGH, O'CONNER! If he said he didn't do it, he didn't do it. Go walk it off.
- Where were you, Vince?
- [before engaging Hobbs in a fight] I'm right here.
- [sees DSS readouts of the entire team] We just went from the middle of the "most wanted" list to the very top.
- Stay the fuck out of my way.
- [briefing his team] All right, listen up. The men we're after are professional runners. They like speed and are guaranteed to go down in the hardest possible way, so make sure you got your funderwear on. We find them; we take them as a team and we bring them back. And above all else, we don't ever... EVER... let them get into cars.
- Let me tell you a true story. Five hundred years ago, the Portuguese and the Spanish came here, each trying to get the country from their natives. The Spaniards arrived, guns blazing, determined to prove who was boss. The natives killed every single Spaniard. Personally, I prefer the methods of the Portuguese. They came bearing gifts. Mirrors, scissors, trinkets. Things that the natives couldn’t get on their own, but to continue receiving them, they had to work for the Portuguese. And that’s why all Brazilians speak Portuguese today. Now, if you dominate the people with violence, they will eventually fight back because they have nothing to lose. And that’s the key. I go into the favelas and give them something to lose. Electricity, running water, school rooms for their kids. And for that taste of a better life, I own them.
- Dominic Toretto: Almost wish I didn't see that. Almost.
- Vince: Wait, Dom.
- Dominic Toretto: Mia was on that train. [Dom pushes Vince against a wall] MY SISTER!
- Vince: I didn't know. I wouldn't do anything to hurt her.
- Dominic Toretto: YOU SET UP THE DEAL!
- Vince: I thought the job was for the cars. I didn't know. All they wanted was the chip.
- Dominic Toretto: DAMN! YOU SHOULD'VE COME CLEAN!
- Mia Toretto: What's going on out here?
- Dominic Toretto: Nothing.
- Vince: Please, Dom. Just let me have the chip. I can take this to them. Give it to Reyes and set things right.
- Dominic Toretto: Get out.
- Vince: What?
- Dom: GET OUT!
- [Rio police chief Alemeida notices the equipment Luke Hobbs' team brought along]
- Chief of Police Alemeida: Is all this really necessary to apprehend two men?
- Luke Hobbs: Let me tell you a little something about these two men. One's a former federal officer, been deep cover for five years, knows everywhere you're gonna come from. The other one's a professional criminal, escaped prison twice, spent half his life on the run avoiding folks like you.
- Chief of Police Alemeida: Well, if there's anything we can do to help...
- Luke Hobbs: Two things. One: I need a translator.
- Chief of Police Alemeida: We have plenty...
- Luke Hobbs: Elena Neves.
- Chief of PoliceAlemeida: A patrol officer?
- Luke Hobbs: You heard me.
- Chief of Police Alemeida: But why? We have many more experienced people.
- Luke Hobbs: I like her smile.
- Chief of Police Alemeida: What's the second thing?
- Hobbs: Stay the fuck out of my way.
- Tej Parker: Aw, hell no. They really went and scraped the bottom of the barrel here, didn't they?
- Roman Pearce: Guess they did, considering your ass is here. When are you gonna give Martin Luther King his car back?
- Tej Parker: As soon as you give Rick James his jacket back.
- [Roman has seen Gisele pull up on a motorbike]
- Roman Pearce: Sexy legs, baby girl. What time do they open?
- Gisele Yashar: [aims her gun at Roman] They open the same time as I pull this trigger. Want me to open them?
- Roman Pearce: It's done, see I think I make a better special agent than you ever did.
- Brian O'Conner: I guess that depends on how you define "special".
- [The gang talks about a recon mission into the Rio police HQ to find Reyes' money. Roman is too talkative and notices everybody is looking at him]
- Roman Pearce: What? Why me?
- Brian O'Conner: Out of all of us, you got the biggest mouth.
- Tej Parker: That is for damn sure.
- [Hobbs and his team have found Toretto and company at a street racers' gathering]
- Luke Hobbs: Hey Toretto, you're under arrest.
- Dominic Toretto: I don't feel like I'm under arrest. [to Brian] How about you Brian?
- Brian O'Conner: No, not a bit. Not even a little bit.
- Luke Hobbs: Oh just give it a minute, it will sink in.
- Brian O'Conner: We didn't kill those feds. That was Reyes.
- Luke Hobbs: I don't give a shit. I'm just here to bring two assholes whose names hit my desk.
- Brian O'Conner: Yeah, that sounds like a real hero.
- Luke Hobbs: That's funny. From a guy who took the oath of a cop, then went against everything it stood for, for some wannabe tough-guy prick who beat a man half to death with a socket wrench. Yeah, real tough. You turn around and put your hands behind your back.
- Dominic Toretto: I don't think so.
- Luke Hobbs: Your mistake is thinking you got a goddamn choice, boy! [his men aim weapons]
- Dominic Toretto: And your mistake? Thinking you're in America. You're a long way from home. This is Brazil! [crowd wields guns]
- Hernan Reyes: [crawling out of his wrecked car and lying on the ground] Help me.
- Luke Hobbs: [shoots him in the torso, without looking at him] That's for my team, you son of a bitch.
- Monica Fuentes: You need to look at that. Berlin, 3AM this morning. A team of drivers hijacked a military convoy.
- Luke Hobbs: Toretto?
- Monica Fuentes: Nope.
- Luke Hobbs: Ain't interested.
- Monica Fuentes: Yes, you are. Keep looking. [opens the file to see a picture of Letty Ortiz] Do you believe in ghosts?
- Vin Diesel – Dominic Toretto
- Paul Walker – Brian O'Conner
- Jordana Brewster – Mia Toretto
- Tyrese Gibson – Roman Pearce
- Ludacris – Tej Parker
- Dwayne Johnson – Luke Hobbs
- Joaquim de Almeida – Hernan Reyes
- Eva Mendes – Monica Fuentes