Jump to navigation Jump to search
Federica Mogherini (born 16 June 1973) is an Italian politician and political scientist. She has been Minister of Foreign Affairs of Italy since February 2014. She was appointed as EU's foreign policy chief on 30 August 2014.
- We need to tell citizens what Europe is, it is not all about angels and demons. It is a reality which have helped us in numerous ways – and still helps us. I think about peace, a thing we now undervalue but which has a primary importance. Let’s think about fYROM, for instance. Nowadays, those countries, former enemies, are entering the Union or are already Member States. Then, the freedom of movement, the rights for consumers.
- There are mistakes, which governments have been doing when they were trying to face the economic crisis, since 2008. Slow choices, sometimes insufficient, sometimes wrong, never neutral. Political choices made by political governments which must assume their responsibility on them. In Italy we have adopted forward-looking choices, economically speaking, we have adopted austerity as leading value. Now it is time to work on development and growth, to create jobs and exit this crisis.
- As quoted in "Mogherini: Italy will play a major role" in eunews (12 January 2014).
- We take the same line as the United States: the austerity policies need to be accompanied by greater flexibility to stimulate growth.
- You can't demand generational change on the one hand and expect 40 years of experience on the other.
- As quoted in "Yearning for Change: Italian Diplomacy Just Got Younger" by Walter Mayr, in Der Spiegel (4 July 2014).
- Many Italians suspect that this is our last chance for change.
- On the government of Matteo Renzi, as quoted in "Yearning for Change: Italian Diplomacy Just Got Younger" by Walter Mayr, in Der Spiegel (4 July 2014).
- On World NGO Day, we celebrate the relentless and invaluable role of civil society organisations in protecting and fighting for fundamental human rights, democracy, and sustainable development for all.
- On the occasion of the World NGO Day in EEAS official statement 2019,Statement by High Representative/ Vice-President Federica Mogherini on the occasion of World NGO Day. eeas.europa.eu (February 26, 2019).