Final Fantasy X
- [opening lines] Listen to my story. This...may be our last chance.
- "No promises there, big guy. Hey, but what if she, like, comes on to me?"
- "Uh...what's a "sending"? Are we going somewhere?"
- "Every blitzer knows: when you got the ball, you gotta score!"
- [telling Yuna not to worry about the future] "When you're playing blitzball, you gotta think about blitz and nothing else. If you do, that's when you lose."
- [after escaping from Bevelle] We escaped with our skins intact, but Yuna lost something. I could already tell, her faith was shaken. Yevon had betrayed her. I felt like I should do or say something—anything... But nothing came. I was just as lost as she was.
- I wanted to see Yuna’s statue too. But I wanted to see it...with Yuna by my side.
- "Yeah, that's right! You can always count on Auron to complicate things!"
- [talking about Sin's (Jecht's) arrival at Operation Mi'ihen] "So he killed all those people just for a chance to see me?!"
- [after escaping Macalania Temple] "Praise be to Yevon." That's what I would have said, if I was a follower of Yevon. We were all there, and in one piece. Even if I had a headache from wondering what was in store for us next.
- "Oh, sure! Soon! Like 'tomorrow' soon, I bet!"
- "Err, 'helly doo sad wee' to you, too."
- People die, Yuna dances.
- AH HA HA HA HA HA HA
- [finding out that the Final Aeon will kill Yuna] "And I've been telling Yuna—'Let's go to Zanarkand together!' 'Let's beat Sin!' I told her all the things...we could...we could...and all along the whole time, I didn't know anything! But Yuna, she'd…just smile."
- "Let's go to the sea, before sunrise. The city lights go out, one by one, the stars fade, then the horizon glows, almost like it’s on fire. It's kinda rose-colored, right? First the sea, then it spreads to the sky, then to the whole city. It gets brighter and brighter till everything…glows. It’s really pretty. I know you'd like it."
- "I give up. So what would an adult do, then? They know they can just throw away a summoner, then they can do whatever they like."
- "This is my story. It'll go the way I want it...or I'll end it here!"
- [trying to open the Chamber of the Fayth] "You can stuff your taboos!"
- [after Seymour vanishes] Sin will be right behind you."
- [before the final battle] "I know it sounds selfish, but this is my story!"
- [last words] "Yuna, I have to go... I'm sorry I couldn't show you Zanarkand... Goodbye!"
- [last words to Jecht] "You know...for the first time, I'm glad...to have you as my father."
- Finishing Blow
- See ya!
- Last in party to be K.O.'ed
- "My... story..."
- "I won't go so easy on you next time!"
- "I'll be right back!"
- "Live and let live!"
- I’ve done it! I-I have become a summoner!
- Character's opening lines
- I only have as many guardians as there are people I can trust. I trust them all with my life! To have so many guardians is a joy, and an honour! Even more so than being my father's daughter. Of course, I would never think of questioning your ways, either. So, Lady Dona, I ask of you: please leave us in peace.
- He called it the 'Sublimely Magnificent Jecht Shot Mark III'.
- Don't say that. It might be a hopeless campaign, and it might mean defying Yevon... But the Crusaders and the Al Bhed-they're doing their best to defeat Sin. They want to rid Spira of Sin forever. And that's just what we want, too, isn't it? Isn't it?
- I fight for Spira. The people long for the Calm. I can give it to them. It's all I can give. Defeating Sin, ending pain... this I can do.
- And when you refused to let me become a summoner and I did it anyway...I'm sorry. I've always wanted to apologize. You know, when you tried to stop me then-really, I was happy. I could tell you really cared about me. You were like my big brother and sister. No... I think you really were my big brother and sister.
- To Wakka and Lulu in her "goodbye sphere"
- Maester Seymour. I trust my guardians with my life. But they are also my friends. I will not stand by and watch them be hurt. I will fight you, too!
- It would be so easy...to let my fate just carry me away...following this same path my whole life through. But I know...I can't. What I do, I do...with no regrets.
- My father... my father wanted... to make Spira's sorrow go away. Not just cover it up with lies!
- I live for the people of Spira, and would have gladly died for them, but no more! The Final Summoning is a false tradition that should be thrown away.
- My father... I loved him. So I... I will live with my sorrow, I will live my own life! I will defeat sorrow, in his place. I will stand my ground and be strong. I don't know when it will be, but someday... I will conquer it. And I will do it without... false hope.
- Everyone has lost something precious. Everyone here has lost homes, dreams, and friends. Now, Sin is finally dead. Now, Spira is ours again. Working together, now we can make new homes for ourselves, and new dreams. Although I know the journey will be hard, we have lots of time. Together, we will rebuild Spira. The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today. Just, one more thing... the people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them.
- Ending speech, last lines in the game
- I've... learned how to smile... Even when I'm feeling sad.
- If we should get separated, just whistle. I'll come running. I promise.
- I believe in your Zanarkand.
- I will share your pain.
- When summoning Anima for the first time
- I love you.
- To Tidus
- I was waiting for you.
- Character’s opening line
- This is it. This... is your story. It all begins here.
- Never futile, but never ending.
- About Summoners sacrifice
- It’s alright. It’s been… long enough. This... is your world now.
- Last words, to Yuna
- I hate this place.
- In battle in the Via Purifico
- Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!
- Once Lady Yuna fixes her hair, we leave.
- After Yuna, who has woken up late with her hair disheveled, notices that even he was laughing at her.
- Guard your emotions first, then guard your summoner.
- Calming down Barthello after he loses Dona in Macalania Woods
- I am the troublemaker, after all.
- Agreeing to go to Bevelle after killing Seymour
- The red carpet has teeth.
- before the battle with Evrae
- The ferryman asks a high price.
- About Cid and his airship
- Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life.
- We will protect Yuna from anyone-even a Maester.
- to Wakka after Tidus passes by, about Seymour.
- Summoners challenge the bringer of death, Sin, and die doing so. Guardians give their lives to protect their summoner. The fayth are the souls of the dead. Even the maesters of Yevon are unsent. Spira is full of death... only Sin is reborn, and then only to bring more death. It is a cycle of death, spiraling endlessly.
- Every story must have an ending.
- Don't look to others for knowledge. This is your story.
- (Before killing last enemy)
- (End of Battle Exclamation)
- What a waste!
- (If the party is wiped out)
- Think later, Yuna!
- (Starting a battle while Yuna is considering Seymour's proposal)
- Pray! Now!
- ( Before Executing Overdrives)
- Some can't wait to die!
- When executing his overdrive for the first time.
- Your pain shall be two-fold!
- (Upon performing "Armor Break")
- You rely too much on your magics!"
- (Upon performing "Magic Break")
- That's how it's done!
- Winning a battle
- You remind me of myself. Before, the closer we got to Zanarkand, the more I wondered. When we arrived, Braska would call the Final Aeon. He would fight Sin, then die. I thought my mind was made up long before, but as I stood here my resolve wavered.
- After battle with Sanctuary Keeper and after Wakka remarks about traveling a long way.
- Ha! Legendary guardian? I was just a boy. A boy about your age actually. I wanted to change the world too, but I changed nothing. That is my story.
- Also after battle with Sanctuary Keeper, after Wakka comments about legendary guardians choking. (Metaphorically.)
- Ten years ago...I honored Jecht's last words, and travelled to Zanarkand. I planned to stay there, watching over you. But when Sin attacked Zanarkand that day, I changed my mind. Outside the dream world, life can be harsh - even cruel. But it is life. He wanted you to have a shot at life. I saw it in Sin's eyes. That's why I brought you here, to Spira.
- Hey! You okay?
- Character’s opening line
- Long time ago, there were a whole lot of cities in Spira. Big cities with machina-machines-to run 'em. People played all day and let the machina do the work. And then, well, take a look. Sin came, and destroyed the machina cities. And Zanarkand along with 'em. Yeah, that was about a thousand years ago, just like you said. If you asked me, Sin's our punishment for letting things get out of hand. What gets me, though...is we gotta suffer, 'cause of what some goofballs did way back when! 'Course, we must always repent for our sins! That's important! It's just that, it's hard to keep at it sometimes, you know?
- This is the only time! The players fight with all their strength: the fans cheer for their favorite team. They forget pain, suffering... Only the game matters! That's why blitz has been around for so long. Least that's what I think.
- On blitzball as an escape from Sin.
- Du-u-u-u-de! Our Team is gonna rock, ya?
- After Tidus accepts Wakka's invitation to join his Blitzball team
- Nope, we got a new goal now! Our new goal...is victory! To win every match, defeat every opposing team! To bring the Crystal Cup back to our island! That's all we need to do to win! Easy, ya?
- Those sand-blasted grease monkeys!
- In reference to the Al Bhed.
- We were just worried you guys might've gone crazy!
- A summoner with bed hair! What's the world comin' to?
- Why build a city over a river, ya?
- During the trip across the Moonflow.
- This can't be happening...
- Laughing weakly before the first battle with Seymour.
- Boom! Like happy festival fireworks, ya?
- Attempting to cheer Rikku up after Home is destroyed
- Why didn't I just shut my big mouth...?
- When his attempt to cheer Rikku up fails
- Disappear on us, will ya? Rotten son of a shoopuf!
- To Grand Maester Mika
- She'll tell us when she's ready, so just hold your chocobos until then, ya?
- To Tidus after he finds him sneaking around in Yuna's room at Rin's Travel Agency (Thunderplanes).
- Let's give Rikku a kick in the butt and go, eh?
- In reference to Rikku's refusal to leave the Thunder Plains Travel Agency because of her fear of lightning
- SON OF A SHOOPUFF!
- It's over!
- (End of Battle Exclamation)
- Traitors, coming through!
- (Quote after starting a battle)
- This can't be happening...
- (repeated line as he learns of Seymour's true intentions and realizes that he must fight him, even though he is a Maester)
- I can't believe we're gonna fight Lady Yunalesca! Gimme a break!
- When we used to blitz together, Chappu used to say...he said that—when we win the cup ya?—he'd propose to Lulu. Then one day he goes off and becomes a Crusader. just like that!
- To Luzzu after learning that he (Luzzu) was the one who convinced Chappu to enlist.
- What are you doing here? Didn't think we'd be able to handle it?
- Character’s opening line
- He's dead, okay? Dead! (referring to Chappu)
- Excuses again?
- Wakka's... a bit lacking in the imagination department.
- You truly are clueless. Are you sure it's just your memory that's the problem? The dead need guidance. Filled with grief over their own death, they refuse to face their fate. They yearn to live on, and resent those still alive. You see, they envy the living. And in time, that envy turns to anger, even hate. Should these souls remain in Spira, they become fiends that prey on the living. Sad, isn't it? The sending takes them to the Farplane, where they may rest in peace.
- To Tidus when he asks about sendings.
- Yuna chose her own path. She knew from the beginning what it meant. All we can do is protect her along the way. Until the end.
- Amazing. Simply amazing. You make up one theory after another, refusing to face the simple truth. Sin didn't take Chappu anywhere. Sin crushed him and left him on the Djose shore! Your brother won't just pop back. Oh, and one more thing. No matter how much you want it, no one can take Chappu's place. No one can replace Sir Jecht, for that matter. And there's no replacement for Lord Braksa, either. It's pointless to think about it, and sad.
- After Wakka suggests that Chappu might still be alive
- I hope you hurt them.
- To Yuna about her Al Bhed kidnappers.
- Not the most... graceful win. If it was Chappu, he'd still be standing.
- After Wakka helps his team defeat the Al Bhed Psyches, but is injured in the process.
- You don't want to finish that sentence.
- As Tidus is about to say that he doesn't think that Wakka would try to take Chappu's place.
- No matter how dark the night, morning always comes, and our journey begins anew.
- We called to you, but with all that snoring...
- To Yuna after she oversleeps
- Goodbye, Chappu. You always said I looked grumpy. But those were the happiest days of my life.
- (to Chappu in the Farplane)
- Defeat Sin, and bring joy to the people of Spira. Get married, and bring joy to the people of Spira. For Yuna, they're just two ways down the same road.
- I shouldn't have to say this, but don't fall in love with her.
- In reference to Yuna when speaking to Tidus.
- Interesting. I suppose I could add you to my list. I wish you good luck, little boy. You're going to need it.
- If Tidus replies that Lulu is more of his type.
- Not here... not now...
- When she is the last in the party to die.
- You really do come from a world where there is no Sin, like you say.
- To Tidus en route to the Macalania Temple.
- Fighting in a straight line... So easy...
- After the incident with Seymour in Bevelle
- This... this cannot be! The teachings state that we can exorcise Sin with complete atonement! It's been our only hope all these years.
- To Yunalesca, as she explains that Sin is eternal
- A day with you is never dull!
- You've proven yourself as a guardian, maybe even as the best.
- In reference to Tidus
- This won't hurt... much.
- When casting Demi.
- Know pain! But not for long...
- When casting Ultima.
- When defeating final enemy in a battle.
- In dark times, she must be. She must shine bright.
- Character’s opening line, a considerable time after his introduction.
- Pick spot. Shut up. Wait.
- Only those who try will become.
- Al Bhed is Al Bhed. Rikku is Rikku. Rikku swore to protect Yuna. And Rikku is not a liar. Kimahri can tell. So, she is a friend.
- Kimahri think Rikku should be Rikku.
- Save some for Kimahri!
- You have angered Kimahri! The spirits of the Ronso will guide Kimahri’s spear!
- Yuna needs Kimahri. Kimahri protect Yuna.
- Apology is running. Yuna never run away.
- On Yuna apologizing for not knowing another way to defeat Sin.
- The Ronso were singing too. Kimahri's ears never wrong.
- Kimahri felt friendship from somewhere inside Sin.
- There is no need for fear. Kimahri will go with you.
- This time I win, I will win!
- Before the fight with his brother Biran.
- Fyed! Fryd ev ed ec risyh?
- Character’s opening line (Translation = Wait! What if it is human?)
- Al Bhed for "Sorry", before she knocks Tidus out cold
- Memories are nice, but that's all they are.
- common Al Bhed saying
- Pleased to meet ya! I'm Rikku!
- Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh... [Lightning strikes.] AH!!
- in the Thunder Plains
- You can cram your happy festival, you big meanie!
- After Wakka's failed attempt to cheer Rikku up after Home is destroyed
- Did you...hit your head or something? [Tidus: Um, you guys hit me.] Oh, right... Do you remember anything before that?
- Yeah, there is no Zanarkand anymore. Sin destroyed it a thousand years ago.
- Sometimes, when I got a lot on my mind, it just helps to go, "AAAAAAAAAAAH!"
- Shouting at the lighting in the Thunder Plains
- You know, don't you? Summoners journey to get the Final Aeon. Yuna told you, didn't she? With the Final Aeon, she can beat Sin. But then...but then...if she calls it, the Final Aeon's going to kill her! Even if she defeats Sin, it will kill Yunie too, you know!
- Just a feeling, but I think my dad kinda likes you.
- referring to Cid while in the airship
Maester Seymour Guado
- I am Seymour Guado. I am honored to receive the title of maester. In life, my father Jyscal worked to foster friendship between man and Guado. I vow to carry on his legacy, and to fulfill my duties as maester to the best of my abilities.
- Character’s opening lines
- Why are you still here, sir? (pause as Auron looks at him) I beg your pardon. We Guado are keen to the scent of the Farplane.
- To Auron, who is an unsent.
- Ah, of course. "Protect the summoner even at the cost of one's life." The Code of the Guardian. How admirable. Well, if you're offering your lives, I will have to take them.
- Pitiful mortal... Your hope ends here! (voice changes and gains a stereo effect as he turns into Seymour Flux) And your meaningless existence with it!
- Life is but a passing dream, but the death that follows is eternal.
- Another likely reference to Platonic Pre-existence.
- I have saved him. He was a man who craved power. And great power he had, but he feared losing it. Trembling at unseen enemies, he spent his days scheming petty schemes. Chased by his fears, never knowing rest. You see... Now he has no worries. He has been granted sleep eternal. Death is a sweet slumber. All the pain of life is gently swept away... Ah, yes. Don't you see...if all life were to end in Spira, all suffering would end. Don't you see? Do you not agree?
- On Maester Wen Kinoc, whom he has killed.
- But there is no salvation for the damned! Rest in peace in eternal darkness.
- Death awaits you!
- Unpleasant. Very well. I will give you your death. You seem to want it so.
- After Kimahri stabs him (as an unsent) with his spear, to little effect.
- You would oppose me as well? So be it!
- Spoken if Yuna summons Anima against Seymour in the last battle. Anima's fayth is Seymour's mother, who wants the party to stop him.
- Even after I am gone, Spira's sorrow will prevail...
- Seymour's last words
- Feel my pain! Come, Anima!
- By all means, try! You should thank me! Your death means your father's life!
- After Tidus says that their group can stop him.
- You, with a woman? You can't even catch a ball! Oh, what's the matter? Gonna cry again? Cry, cry. That's the only thing you're good for! (2nd Dream sequence)
- Why do today what you can leave for tomorrow? (Dream)
- You’ll cry, you're gonna cry, you always cry. See? You're crying.
- I can't hear the hymn so well anymore...
- You were always such a stiff. But that's what I like about you. (To Auron in flashback)
- Yuna, you know what to do! The aeons - call them!
- Jecht's last words
Fayth of Valefor
- Sin is cursed. Sin prays. It curses its form, it prays for dissolution. Sin sees dreams of its own destruction. Sin is looking at us. We live in a fading echo of time left us by the destroyer. Free him from Yu Yevon. Free him....the fayth that has become sin.
- When party revisits her chamber.
Fayth of Shiva
- Should the dreaming end, you too will disappear...fade into Spira's sea, Spira's sky. But do not weep, nor rise in anger. Even we were once human, that is why we must dream. Let us summon...a sea in a new dream world. A new sea for you to swim.
- When party revisits her chamber.
Fayth of Yojimbo
- You are a fading dream, but one that has been touched by reality. Run, dream. Run on into the daylight. And walk into reality.
- giving advice to Tidus
- Possibly a reference to Plato's theory of Pre-existence.
- You ask for a phoenix, yet you offer chicken feed!
- If the party doesn't offer a substantial amount for Yojimbo's services.
Maester Yo Mika
- Men die. Beasts die. Trees die. Even continents perish. Only the power of death truly commands in Spira. Resisting its power is futile.
- Ever the Ronso. Hard-headed, hardly useful.
Maester Wen Kinoc
- Meh... enlightened rule by the dead is preferable to the misguided failures of the living.
- Being a Maester has its privileges. I can just sit here and watch.
- They chose to die, because they had hope.
- To Auron about Braska and Jecht
- Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be.
- Yevon's Teachings and the final summoning give the people of Spira hope. Without hope, they would drown in their own sorrow. Now choose. Who will be your fayth? Who will be the one to renew Spira's hope?
- Poor creature. You would throw away hope? Well... I will free you before you can drown in your own sorrow. It is better to die in hope than to live in despair. Let me be your liberator.
- Immediately before attacking the party.
Bobba, the Blitzball announcer
- Well, well, well! If it isn't the Besaid Aurochs! They're a living, breathing, statistical impossibility! I've never seen a team this bad!
- The Besaid Aurochs have not won a game in 23 years.
- See? Keep your head down, say "sir" a lot, and you'll do fine.
- Chappu also said to me... That being with your girl is good... But keeping Sin far away from her is better.
- After Wakka reveals that Chappu had considered proposing to Lulu before joining the Crusaders.
- Young Crusaders gather 'round! We'll beat Sin into the ground!
- I appreciate your feelings Auron, but I am here to kill grief itself.
- After Auron begs with him not to go through with the Final Summoning.
- I won't tell ya to be careful. Do your worst, kiddo!
- No mistakes, or I'm gonna tear out that mop you call hair!
- If she continues this fool pilgrimage, she will die! Sure as if you killed her yourself. No haired-brained law or teaching can send my little niece to her death! When I save her, I'll make her give up being a summoner quicker than a desert melts ice!
- To Auron about Yuna.
- With all this Yevon taboo on machina, we're running around in the dark here! Ain't it a rush, kiddos?
- talking about how he doesn't know how to fly his own airsihp
- Yee-haw! Here we go!
- Touch me with that hand and I'll remove it.
- The Guado take care of Guado affairs.
- Destroying the sphere that proves that Seymour murdered his father.
- Rikku: Did you...hit your head or something?
- Tidus: Um, you guys hit me.
- Rikku: Oh, right...do you remember anything before that?
- Tidus: It's tough... [sighs] ...when your father's famous.
- Wakka: Eh?
- Lulu: Wakka's...a bit lacking in the imagination department.
- Wakka: Huh?
- Tidus: [laughing] Thanks, Lulu. I'll keep that in mind.
- Lulu: [to Tidus] Yuna's saying she wants you with us.
- Tidus: Huh?
- Yuna: I want to ask you to be my guardian.
- Wakka: Yuna! What? This is no times for jokes, ya? He may be a blitzball whiz kid, but up against fiends, he's a newbie.
- Yuna: Not a guardian, then... I just want him nearby.
- Tidus: Who are you, anyway? You knew my old man, didn't you?
- Auron: Yeah.
- Tidus: And you also knew Yuna's father?
- Auron: That's correct.
- Tidus: Hey, man, there's no way. That's just impossible.
- Auron: Nothing impossible about it. Jecht, Braska, and I...together, we defeated Sin, ten years ago. Then I went to Zanarkand, where I watched over you, so that one day, I could bring you to Spira.
- Tidus: Why did it have to be me?
- Auron: Jecht asked me to.
- Tidus: ...Is he alive?
- Auron: It depends on what you mean by "alive". He is...no longer human. But then, I could feel something of Jecht there in that shell, didn't you? You must have felt him when you came into contact with Sin.
- Tidus: [realizing what Auron is saying] It can't be...
- Auron: It is. Sin is Jecht.
- Tidus: [unable to believe it] No! That's ridiculous! No way! I don't believe you!
- Auron: [unfazed] But it is the truth. You'll see for yourself. Come with me.
- Tidus: And if I say no?
- Auron: Every story must have an ending.
- Tidus: [irritated] I don't care about your stories!
- Auron: I see. Sorry you feel that way. Fine, then. Come or don't come. It's your decision.
- Tidus: [yells in frustration] What am I supposed to say?! You tell me it's my decision! But I don't have a choice, do I?! You're the only one who can tell me what's going on here, anyways! I have to go with you! I have to!
- Auron: Irritating, I know. Or are you afraid?
- Tidus: They say Seymour went to Macarena Temple.
- Wakka: Macalania Temple.
- Tidus: Aye?
- Wakka: [to Rikku] How come you speak Al Bhed? [to Tidus] Why?
- Tidus: Uh, well...
- Rikku: Because...I'm Al Bhed, and that...was my brother.
- Wakka: [to Tidus and Lulu] You knew? Why didn't you tell me?
- Lulu: We knew you'd be upset.
- Wakka: [disgusted] This is great! I can't believe I've been traveling with an Al Bhed! A heathen!
- Rikku: You're wrong! We have nothing against Yevon!
- Wakka: But you Al Bhed use the forbidden machina! You know what that means? Sin was born because people used machina!
- Rikku: You got proof? Show me proof!
- Wakka: It's in Yevon's teachings! [scoffs] Not that you'd know!
- Rikku: That's not good enough! Yevon says this, Yevon says that! Can't you think for yourself?!
- Wakka: Well then, you tell me! Where did Sin come from, huh?
- Rikku: I...I don't know!
- Wakka: Ha! You bad-mouth Yevon and that's all you can come up with?
- Rikku: But...that doesn't mean you should do whatever they say without thinking! Nothing will ever change that way!
- Wakka: Nothing has to change!
- Rikku: You want Sin to keep coming back? There might be a way to stop it, you know!
- Wakka: Sin will be gone once we atone for our past mistakes!
- Rikku: When? How?!
- Wakka: [shaking his fist at Rikku] If we keep faith in Yevon's teachings it will be gone one day!
- Rikku: [realizing that it is hopeless at the moment] Why do I even bother?
- Auron: Rikku.
- Rikku: Hm?
- Auron: [gesturing towards one of the machina snowmobiles] Will this move?
- Rikku: Yes!
- Wakka: [in disbelief] We're not usin' that, are we? Wait...Sir Auron isn't Al Bhed, too, is he?!
- Tidus: [frusturated] Come on, Wakka!
- Wakka: [turning towards Tidus] What?
- Tidus: I mean, getting angry just because you find out Rikku's an Al Bhed...you guys got along fine till now, didn't you?
- Wakka: [defensively] That's different. I mean...
- Tidus: Well, I don't claim to know much about Spira. And I probably know even less about the Al Bhed, but I know Rikku's a good person. She's just Rikku!
[Seymour, defeated, falls to his knees. Yuna steps forward.]
- Seymour: Yuna...you would pity me now?
[He falls on his back, dead. Yuna rushes to the dead body and closes his eyes. Tromell and two Guado escorts suddenly enter.]
- Tromell: Lord Seymour! What happened here?!
- Wakka: [stunned] What...What have I done...?
- Tidus: [as the Guado check Seymour's body] Wait a minute! It's not our fault at all! Seymour struck first; he's the bad guy!
- Tromell: Y-You did this?!
- Auron: Yuna. Send him.
- Tromell: [angered] No, stop! Stay away from him, traitors!
[The Guado carry Seymour's body out of the chamber.]
- Yuna: [falling to her knees] Traitors...?
- Wakka: We're finished.
- Tidus: Now, hold on just a minute! Seymour's the bad guy, right? We'll just explain to everyone what happened!
- Auron: It won't be that easy. Let's get out of here.
[Pacce runs towards Tidus]
Pacce: Hey, um... what's "Sacrificed"? The Al Bhed said summoners were being "sacrified." That summoners shouldn't have to do a pilgrimage...
Tidus: Why couldn't... they trust Guardians to protect the summoners? The Al Bhed had no right stopping their pilgrimage!
Rikku: The Pilgrimages have to stop! [The image focuses on Rikku] If they don't, and they get to Zanarkand...
Rikku: They might defeat Sin... Yunie could... but then she... Yunie will die, you know?! You know, don't you? Summoners travel to get the Final Aeon. Yuna told you, didn't she? With the Final Aeon, she can beat Sin. But then... but then... if she calls it, then the Final Aeon's gonna kill her! [her voice breaks] Even if she defeats Sin, it will kill Yunie too, you know?!
[Rikku falls to her knees, on the verge of tears, everyone is silent.]
Tidus: Was I the only one... who didn't know? [Tidus grabs Rikku by the shoulders] Tell me why! Why were you hiding it?! Why didn't I know?!
Wakka: We weren't hiding it.
Lulu: It was just... too hard to say.
[Auron and Kimahri look at Tidus, silently]
Tidus: DAH!! [Tidus falls prone, and starts hitting the ground in grief] Lulu... How could you? HOW COULD YOU?! ISN'T SHE LIKE A SISTER TO YOU?! I thought you were family! WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING, WAKKA?!
Lulu: Don't you think we tried to stop her?! She follows... her heart.
Wakka: Yuna, she knew what she was doing... when she chose to become a summoner... to face Sin, ya! Yuna knew!
Rikku: But, Wakka, that's just totally wrong! Summoners shouldn't have to sacrifice themselves... just so the rest of Spira can be happy, right?
[A group of Pyreflies gather behind Tidus, forming a Wendigo Isaaru and Dona start walking towards it]
Isaaru: But... that is our choice.
Dona: We all live in fear of Sin, you know that.
Isaaru: A world without Sin... A world without Sin. That is the dream of all Yevon's children, and we will use that power even if it means our lives! [Maroda and Pacce run towards Isaaru, as he summons Grothia, his Ifrit, and Dona summons Valefor]
Tidus: Ugh... Ghh... Rrrrghh.... gyuuuu... [Tidus runs towards Valefor, and starts punching her torso] And I've been telling Yuna... "Let's go to Zanarkand together", "Let's beat Sin!" I told her all the things we could- we could... AND, ALL ALONG, THE WHOLE TIME, I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING!! [Tidus falls to his knees, consumed by grief] Ugh... but Yuna, she'd... she'd... just smile. [Valefor tries to cradle Tidus in her wings, before the screen fades to white.] I can't let her die... I'LL FIND HER!!
[after Home is destroyed.]
- Wakka: Hey, look. Don't get so down. Boom! Hahaha! Like happy festival fireworks, ya?
- Rikku: [tearful] You can cram your happy festival, you big meanie!
[She storms off, as Wakka gives himself a mental facepalm.]
- Wakka: [when Tidus talks to him] Why didn't I just shut my big mouth...?
- Rikku: [when Tidus talks to her] I'm okay. I'm fine. Really.
- Rikku: [after seeing Yuna and the unsent Seymour in Bevelle] What's Seymour doing alive? Didn't we...take care of him in Macalania?
- Auron: He is dead. As dead as Jyscal was. His attachment to this world kept him from the next.
- Rikku: Whoa... Scary!
- Auron: Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!
- Kimahri: Yuna needs Kimahri. Kimahri protect Yuna.
- Rikku: Well, I'm fighting!
- Wakka: I can't believe we're gonna fight Lady Yunalesca! Gimme a break!
- Lulu: You can always run.
- Wakka: Hah! I'd never forgive myself-no way! Not if I ran away now. Even in death, ya!
- Lulu: My thoughts exactly.
- Tidus: Yuna! This is our story! Now let's see this thing through together.
- Suteki da ne
Futari te o tori aruketa nara
Kimi no machi, ie, ude no naka
- Isn't it wonderful,
To walk together holding hands
I do so want to go,
To your city, your house, into your arms.
- Suteki da ne, theme song
- Isn't it wonderful,