Flight 29 Down
The show follows a group of kids stranded on a South Pacific island after the crash of a small plane while flying to an eco-adventure camping trip in Micronesia. A video diary, used as a plot device, powered by a solar battery charger, allows the kids to talk to the camera about the everyday struggles with the island, and each other.
- 1 Season 1
- 2 Season 2
- 3 External links
- Captain Russell: There's something you should know. The plane is our life raft.
- Lex: (to Jackson who is listening to music) Excuse me?
(Jackson ignores him)
- Lex: Fine, don't listen.
The Quest for Fire
- Captain Russell: Okay, kiddies, who wants to be the big boss?
- (Nathan and Daley raise their hands while the others just stare in their direction)
- Captain Russell: (sarcastically and pretending he just notices them) Oh! Big surprise! Why don't you two fight it out, huh? May the best dork or dorkette win.Big Buttcracks (leaves, laughing)
- (The pilot hands out food to the three who are going to look for something in the forest with him)
- Abby: Is this chicken? I'm a vegan.
- Captain Russell: A who?
- Abby: It means I don't eat meat.
- Captain Russell: I don't eat vegetables. What does that make me?
- Abby: A meathead.
- Nathan: I used to be a boy scout. I think I'd know how to make a fire in the wilderness.
- Jackson: I have an idea.
- Daley: Ewww! Leeches are on the back of my legs! Get 'em off, get 'em off!!
- Lex: Don't pick at the leeches. Wait until they fall off.
- Daley: Well, when will they fall off?
- Lex: When they get their fair share of blood.
- Daley: Ewwww!!!
It's Lonely at the Top
- Lex: Maybe we should have a leader.
- Nathan and Daley: (together) I'll be leader! Hey! I'll make a better leader!!
- Melissa: Let's put it to a vote!
- Nathan: Vote me for leader.
- Daley: No, vote me for leader!
- Nathan: Daley wants to hog everything.
- Daley: I planned what to eat so we would be able to survive...
- Nathan: And how long will we survive with the food you planned for us to eat?
- Daley: Well... a few days, but...
- Melissa: (reading the votes) One person voted for...no one.
- Taylor: (whispering) Is that even legal?
- Melissa: The new leader is...Jackson!
Not a Drop to Drink
- Jackson: What?! I don't wanna be the leader!
- Melissa: Think about it. You make the best leader. You're so smart, deep, and quiet. You're perfect!
- Jackson: (*walks away*)
- Melissa:*few days later* PLEASE be leader Jackson!
- Jackson: Fine i'll be leader
- Daley: Hey, someone stole 6 bottles of water!
- Daley: Did you take 'em, Taylor?
- Taylor: No, but i know who did.
- Daley: WHO?
- Taylor: Eric.
- Daley: I found a new source of water!
- Lex: She's right, we have lots of water now!
A Fish Story
- Nathan: I found some coconuts! I can climb up the coconut tree and grab the coconuts.
- Daley: I don't think that's a good idea. Last time, you almost killed yourself!
- Daley: Don't just lie around. Do your part of the work, Taylor!
- Daley: (talking to Jackson) Taylor's not doing any work. You can back me up, right? I mean, you're the leader. You can do that.
- Daley: (about Taylor) If she won't do her fair share of the work, then she won't get her fair share of food and water!
- Taylor: But then I'll...like...die or something!
- Taylor: If Daley wants trouble, she's come to the WRONG place.
- Eric: You mean she's come to the right place. If you're gonna give her trouble, then she's come to the right place.
- Taylor: Oh. Right. That's exactly what I mean.
- Taylor: (talking to Eric) Hey! Lame-O! What are you doing?
- Eric Nothing.
- Taylor No duh. Come help me!
- Eric I can't do that!
- Taylor: Because...?
- Eric: Because if I did, you wouldn't appreciate the lesson that you gain here.
- Taylor: Oh really?
- Eric: Taylor Taylor Taylor. You're learning that there's beauty in defeat.
- Taylor: I am?
The Cry of the Wolf
- Lex: (yelling) Hey Jackson! Jackson!
- Jackson: What's wrong?
- Lex: Nothing. I found a new food source.
- Jackson: Wow...rocks.
- Taylor: You want us to eat rocks?
- Lex: No they aren't rocks...they're clams or oysters.
- Jackson: But how long will they last us?
- Lex: A while...we've got a lot!
- Jackson: Lex found some oysters...
- Lex: ...or clams.
- Eric: Are they poisonous?
- Lex: I don't know...but someone's gotta try it. But who?
- Jackson: Whoever has the shortest stick has to try one first.
(Taylor pulls out the shortest stick)
- Taylor: Eww! I'm not gonna eat that edible snot!
- Daley: How would you know if it tasted like snot?
(Jackson gets tired of the talking so he just eats the oysters)
- Eric: Wow...
(everyone starts eating the oysters besides Taylor)
- Daley: Mmmmmm...You should try some.
- Eric: Yeah...they're really good.
- Taylor: Eww!
- Jackson: Don't think about it as raw oyster, think about it as...sushi.
- Taylor: Sushi...I love sushi.
- Lex: How ya holding up?
- Jackson: I'm okay.
- Melissa: Eric broke out in hives, He must be allergic to the oysters.
(After Melissa gives Eric an adrenalin shot)
- Eric: Was that a dream, or did you just stab me in the freakin' leg?!
Survival of the Fittest
- Melissa: Why'd you tell everyone my secret.
- Eric: I don't know what you're talking about.
- Melissa: Yes, you do.
- Eric: Taylor spread your secret, not me!
- Taylor: What if the ledge breaks?
- Melissa: It won't break.
- Taylor: What if nobody finds us? I don't wanna die here! I don't wanna die anywhere.
- Taylor: Do you think I try too hard? Be honest. I don't think I try too hard. You don't think she'll do anything stupid, do you?
- Eric: What answer can I give you that will make you go away?
(Talking about Jackson)
- Daley: What is he doing? He disappears for hours at a time.
- Nathan: I don't know. He doesn't talk to anyone.
- Daley: Should we?
- Nathan: (smiles) Sure, it's not like we're busy.
- Lex: (on his video diary) We've been stuck here a week. Nobody says it but I know we're all worried that we haven't seen any sign of a search. No boats, no planes, nothing. It's scary. So far we've done an okay job of surviving, but we've got a new problem, we're all going a little nuts from being so bored.
(After Daley and Nathan joke with Jackson)
- Daley: Cool down.
- Nathan: Dude, we were just kidding.
- Jackson: Don't "dude" me!
- Jackson: You said I don't belong at your school because I come from a "totally different world."
- Nathan: But I didn't mean it!!
- Jackson: You never know what guys like me are gonna do.
- Eric: Hey Nathan? Watch you're back.
- Taylor: If you keep this up, the only thing your gonna feel is my foot on the side of your head.
Eight is Enough
- Eric: Hey, I think someone else is on the island besides us.
(after finding a necklace in the plane)
- Melissa: Is it yours?
- Taylor: I wish...I mean...yeeessss!
- Melissa: You are so unfair!
- Daley: You are so juvenile!
- Melissa: I can't believe you just said that...
- Daley: I can't believe you're such a baby.
- Melissa: What if I don't wanna be in your group?
- Daley: Oh puh-leeze, will you stop being such a baby?!!
- Melissa: Stop being so.. bossy!
- Jackson: Hey, what's up between you and Daley?
- Melissa: Nothing. Except I totally hate her right now.
- Jackson: Glad it's nothing.
(Eric, Jackson and Melissa find a footprint)
- Jackson: It's a girl, or a really small guy.
- Eric: Or a big guy, with creepy small feet.
- Abby: Daley!
- Daley: Yeah, Taylor, I'm over here!
- Abby: Daley!
- Daley: Taylor, I'm over here!
- Abby: Daley!
- Melissa: Wait...I don't think that's Taylor.
- Melissa and Daley: Abby!
(Melissa sees Jackson and Abby talking)
- Melissa: Are you two flirting?!
- Eric: If there's flirting going on, I should be involved!
- Jackson: (sarcastically) You're not my type.
Until Proven Guilty
- Eric: Don't worry. My lips are sealed.
- Daley: His lips are so not sealed
- Daley: I'm here to defend my brother, and find the truth.
- Taylor: But...I thought we were looking for the tapes!
- Daley: ...because as we all know, you can't play the tapes without the camera.
- Taylor: (to Melissa) Is that true?
- Jackson: (interrupting Eric's annoyingly 'elaborate' speech) Eric?
- Eric: What?
- Jackson: Get over yourself.
- Eric: The secret...was about you, Jackson!
(It has just been revealed that Eric knows a secret about Jackson and thinks the whole island should know)
- Jackson: Lex. Get the tapes.
- Lex: (shocked) Jackson...no...
- Jackson: Just get the tapes.
- Daley: Can you feel the electricity in the air?
- Taylor: No, but I can feel this harpoon in my foot!
- Melissa: Jackson...he's gone.
- Nathan: Good. He's a murderer anyway.
- Nathan: Daley just saved my life. I soooo owe you.
- Lex: The lightning's awesome!
- Eric: Yeah? Go play in it! Give us a little more room to breathe!
(He then pulls out a water bottle, which falls on Jackson, who sits up quickly, now fully alert)
- Eric: Shh, go back to sleep. This is all a dream.
- Taylor: What do we do?
- Jackson: Start from scratch.
Look Who's Not Talking
- Melissa: Guys, we have a problem. It's Taylor.
- Nathan: What else is new?
- Melissa: She's totally dysfunctional!
- Nathan: That's not new.
- Daley: We're falling apart!
- Nathan: If I get shot down, I'd have no place to hide.
- Eric: While they're all cramped in that dirty old tent, I'll be living large.
- Lex: Yeah, until the next storm.
- Taylor: (silent)
- Taylor: (laughs out of nowhere) Ha Ha Ha Ha...Now that, is funny! (continues laughing)
(After Lex unveils a vegetable garden)
- Nathan: So, the good news is, we're going to have a food supply in a couple of months.
- Jackson: Bad news is, we might be here to eat it.
- Jackson: (after Melissa reads the soldier's letter) I don't want somebody to read a letter about what happened to us 60 years from now. I want to tell them myself.
- Eric:(dreaming about whats in the box)(dials imaginary phone)
Ring Tone: Please Dial Again.(Dials again) Please dial again.(Dials again) Do you even know the number?!?! (Phone Rings) Taylor: Hello? Eric: The box is mine...GET OFF THE PHONE! Taylor: Whose fantasy is this?
She Said, He Said, She Said
- Lex: Nobody tells me anything
- Taylor: There is not enough room in that grungy dungeon for me, a bunch of hygiene-impaired boys and the smell of toe jam! Build a shelter!!
- Daley: Grungy dungeon?
- Lex: (who is working on plans for a shelter) I really hope this works.
- Eric: (runs up to Jackson) You, my friend, have been duped.
- Jackson: Yeah? Why's that?
- Eric: While you're out here, Nathan and Daley are scheming to control our lives!
- Jackson: That doesn't sound like Nathan.
- Eric: Just you wait, my friend. And just watch, I'll get all the bad jobs.
- Jackson: You say that like there are good jobs.
- Melissa: (running up to Eric and Jackson) Eric! Stop spreading rumors!
- Eric: (to Jackson) Don't listen to her! She's in cahoots with them! (leans toward Jackson) There's a lot of cahooting going on.
- Melissa well he almost died! isn't that enough to make you even a little stange?
- Eric so you're saying his brains got fried.
- Melissa yes! no! maybe!
- Jackson i think a whole lot of brains are fried around here.
- Eric (nodds while jackson walks away,then looks perplexed) What did he mean by that?
- Melissa (melissa looks at eric with a "how stupid are you" look)
- Eric: (to Melissa) I guess...you're the only one who knows I have a pet iguana at home.
- Melissa: (glares) You owe me.
- Taylor: Just pretend I'm not here!
- Daley: Trust me, I've tried. Doesn't work.
- Eric: Have fun. Oh, and uh, watch out for the wild boar.
- Taylor: Wild Boar? Nobody told me anything about killer pigs.
- Jackson: You'll be fine.
- Eric: I'm charmed.
- Nathan: I watch out for everybody. Not just me.
- Eric: Wow, you're my hero.
Where There's Smoke
(Taylor's trying to scrub the sand off the solar panel when there's a rustle in the bushes)
- Taylor: Ack!
- Jackson: Hey! It's me!
- Taylor: Why were you sneaking up on me?
- Jackson: I'm not. I was actually here first.
- Taylor: Oh. What are you doing?
- Jackson: just...uh...getting some space. Why, what are you doing?
- Taylor: I have no idea. I don't. I think I drowned this.
- Jackson: Oh. Let me see it.
- Taylor: Is it broken?
- Jackson: No. I'm sure it's fine.
- Taylor: I'm gonna hear so much grief for this.
- Jackson: Daley's not cutting you any slack, is she?
- Taylor: You wanna know the worst part? I don't even blame her anymore. I am messing up. And I'm trying, I really am, I'm just...failing.
- Jackson: All you can do is be yourself, and if Daley can't deal with that, that's her problem.
- Taylor: That's easy for you, isn't it? I'm not criticizing, but, it's easy to be yourself when nobody really knows who you are.
- Jackson: Okay. I'll let you know something about me.
- Taylor: (as Jackson pulls a guitar out of the bushes) I was wondering where that went. Is it yours?
- Jackson: No, I think it's the pilot's.
- Taylor: I play too, you know.
- Jackson: Guitar?
- Taylor: No. Cello.
- Jackson: Really? That's...um...different.
- Taylor: well, I'm really good. Are you?
- Jackson (starts playing.) I'm a stranger in a strange land. And I'm a million miles from my home. And...That's all I've got.
- Taylor: Did you write that? Jackson! you are...so full of surprises!
Home Sweet Home
- Eric: Chillo-what?
- Melissa: Isn't it great that Taylor thought up this Chilly-weenie thing?
- Jackson: Holidays. I don't know what it is, but they really bring out the best in people...or the worst...or both.
- Taylor: Look, everyone here is good at something. Nathan's eager and strong.Daley's perfect...sort of. Lex is a genius. Melissa keeps us all together. Eric's a rat, but he's good at it. You're like some kind of Yoda. And...then there's me. I don't have a whole lot to offer.
- Jackson: You know that's not true.
- Taylor: It is. But, there is something I'm good at. I know how to throw a party and have fun. And that's just what I'm gonna do.
- Jackson: Chilla-what is it again?
- Taylor: Ween. Chill-o-WEEN.
- Melissa: (in tears) If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be here.
- Jackson: Mel, it was my choice to come here. And besides, if I knew then what I know now, I'd still be here. (Pause.) Although, I'll pass on drinking the bad water.
- Eric: I think we should build...a little raft. For 2 people. Maybe.
Good Luck Abby
- Daley: So...um, what I said yesterday about being glad that your here was absolutely true.
- Nathan: Yeah, then you kissed me.
- Daley: Right. But...you know put it into context - we nearly drowned.
- Nathan: And you kissed me.
- Daley: It was a spontaneous reaction.
- Nathan: It was an hour later.
- Daley: It was on the cheek! Look Nathan we're friends okay - good friends. This adventure has really brought us together.
- Nathan: Yeah, that's true...you kissed me!
One Breath Away
- Abby: Daley, we are one breath away from disaster.
- Jackson: See ya soon, but if not, I'll see ya later.