Gears of War 2
Gears of War 2 is the sequel to the game Gears of War. Developed by Epic Games, Gears of War 2 is a 2008 military sci-fi third-person shooter video game that takes place on the subterranean creature infested planet of Sera. The humans are defending the last-known civilization of Sera, Jacinto.
Chairman Richard Prescott
- (Prescott gives a speech to rally the COG army before a massive attack on the Locust) Humans are no strangers to war. After all, we've been fighting for as long as we can remember. War is all we know. In the past, we fought for imulsion. We fought for country. We fought for freedom. But all that changed after E-Day. For fifteen years, we've been fighting for our very survival against inhuman, genocidal monsters. But it is a fight we cannot continue. Humanity faces extinction, unless we end this war now. We had hoped the Lightmass bombing would decimate the Locust Horde. But they survived. And have returned, stronger than ever. They've brought with them a force that can sink entire cities. Even Jacinto, our last beacon of hope through all these dark days, is now at risk. Soon we'll have nothing left to defend. And that means we have only one option: attack. Gears, what I ask of you now is not an easy thing, but it is necessary. If we are to survive. If we are to live long enough to see the seasons change, our children grow and experience a time of peace that we have never known, then we must now take this fight to the Locust! We will go to where they live and where they breed and we will destroy them! This is the day we take the battle to the heart of the enemy. This is the day that we correct the course of human history! This is the day that we ensure our survival as a species! Soldiers of the COG, my fellow Gears, go forth and bring back the hope of humanity!
- (ending narration) Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate and suddenly the world as you know it... is gone forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close is washed away into the sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often the legacies that we leave behind... are not the ones that we intended.
- (after the credits message) This is Adam Fenix... Is anyone out there...? Can you hear me...? This is Adam Fenix... Can you hear me...? What have you done...?!
- Myrrah: You're the first humans to ever desecrate this palace with your presence...
- Dominic Santiago: It's her.
- Myrrah: ...and I assure you, will most certainly be the last.
- Damon Baird: THAT'S the Locust Queen?
- Augustus Cole: I thought she was supposed to be butt ugly.
- Augustus Cole: [Taking out a number of Locust with ease] Nobody plays this game like me - nobody!
- Dominic Santiago: Cole!
- Augustus Cole: In the flesh, baby!
- Marcus Fenix: [Bashing his rifle against Cole's] Thanks for the assist Cole.
- Augustus Cole: Yeah, you got it.
- Marcus Fenix: ...Where's the rest of your squad?
- Augustus Cole: [Dangling a fistful of COG tags] Here's the rest of my squad.