(Redirected from Goldfinger)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A martini. Shaken, not stirred.
- [remarks at Goldfinger's US Army uniform with colonel's wings] Congratulations on your promotion, Goldfinger. Are you having lunch at the White House too?
- Man has climbed Mount Everest. Gone to the bottom of the ocean. He has fired rockets at the Moon. Split the atom. Achieved miracles in every field of human endeavour... except crime!
- Mr Bond, they have a saying in Chicago: "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action." [from the original Ian Fleming novel]
- M: Gold? All over?
- Bond: She died of skin suffocation. It's been known to happen to cabaret dancers. It's all right as long as you leave a small bare patch at the base of the spine to allow the skin to breathe.
- M: Someone obviously didn't.
- Bond: And I know who.
- Bond: What do you know about gold, Moneypenny?
- Moneypenny: Oh, the only gold I know about is the kind you wear. You know, [makes motion of inserting ring] on the third finger of your left hand.
- Bond: One day we really must look into that.
- Moneypenny: What about tonight? You come round for dinner and I'll cook you a beautiful Angel Cake.
- Bond: Nothing would give me great pleasure but unfortunately I have a ... business appointment.
- Moneypenny: That's the flimsiest excuse you've ever given me. Ah well some girls have all the luck. Who is she James?
- M: [Over the intercom] "She" is me, Miss Moneypenny. And kindly omit the customary byplay with 007, will you? He's dining with me, and I don't want him to be late.
- Moneypenny: [hopeful] So there's hope for me yet?
- Bond: Moneypenny...won't you ever believe me?
- [Q explains the devices on Bond's Aston Martin DB5]
- Q: Now this one I'm particularly keen about. You see the gear lever here? [points to transmission lever] Now, if you take the top off, you will find a little red button. Whatever you do, don't touch it.
- Bond: Yeah, why not?
- Q: Because you'll release [points out roof] this section of the roof, and engage and then fire the passenger ejector seat. Whish!
- Bond: Ejector seat? You're joking!
- Q: I never joke about my work, 007. [Bond falls silent]
- [Goldfinger shows off his industrial laser by having it slowly track toward Bond, lying supine and lashed to slab of gold.]
- Goldfinger: This is gold, Mr Bond. All my life, I have been in love with its color, its brilliance, its divine heaviness. I welcome any enterprise that will increase my stock- which is considerable.
- Bond: I think you've made your point, Goldfinger. Thank you for the demonstration.
- Goldfinger: Choose your next witticism carefully, Mr Bond — it may be your last. The purpose of our two previous encounters is now very clear to me. I do not intend to be disturbed by another. Goodnight, Mr Bond. [leaves Bond]
- Bond: Do you expect me to talk?
- Goldfinger: [looks back, laughing] No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die! There's nothing you can talk to me about that I don't already know!
- [After his laser encounter, Bond awakens to find a woman staring at him.]
- Bond: Who are you?
- Pussy Galore: My name is Pussy Galore.
- Bond: [looks away and smiles] I must be dreaming.
- James Bond is back in action! Everything he touches turns to excitement!
- Miss Honey and Miss Galore Have James Bond Back For More!
- Mixing business and girls! Mixing thrills and girls! Mixing danger and girls!
- Sean Connery — James Bond
- Honor Blackman — Pussy Galore
- Gert Fröbe — Auric Goldfinger
- Cec Linder — Felix Leiter
- Desmond Llewelyn — Q
- Shirley Bassey — "Goldfinger" singer