Gorillas in the Mist: The Story of Dian Fossey is a 1988 American drama film which tells the true-life story of naturalist Dian Fossey and her work in Rwanda with Mountain Gorillas.
At the far ends of the earth she found a reason to live, and a cause to fight for. (taglines)
- Directed by Michael Apted. Written by Anna Hamilton Phelan (screenplay and story), Alex Shoumatoff (article), Tab Murphy (story), Harold T. P. Hayes (article) and Dian Fossey (work).
- Dian: You like this ring? You want to keep the hand this ring is on? If I see or hear or smell you anywhere near my gorillas, you'll be writing with your other hand and I'll have a new ashtray.
- Dian: Shit, shit... I fell in shit!
- Sembagare: They think you are a witch.
- Dian: They wouldn't be the first.
- Dian: Get off my mountain!
- In a land of beauty, wonder and danger, she would follow a dream, fall in love and risk her life to save the mountain gorillas from extinction.
- At the far ends of the earth she found a reason to live, and a cause to fight for.
- They were beautiful.