Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- At peace,
above my sickness
- Japanese Death Poems. Compiled by Yoel Hoffmann. ISBN 978-0-8048-3179-6
Quotes about Hakusetsu
- In 1702 Basho's disciple Ota Hakusetsu (1661–1725) undertook to compile a collection of haiku by contemporary women poets; it was published as the second volume of Haikai Mikawa Komachi (Haikai verses by the followers of Komachi in Mikawa Province).
- Makoto Ueda. Far Beyond the Field: Haiku by Japanese Women : an Anthology. 2003
- Mikawa Komachi, a work in two volumes compiled in 1702 by Basho disciple Ota Hakusetsu (1666-1735), devotes all of its second volume to the hokku of women such as Basho school poets Chigetsu, Shushiki, Sonome, and Uko (ca. 1688-1704), the wife of Basho's disciple Nozawa Boncho (d. 1714). No other anthologies of women's hokku were published until Tamamoshu in 1774.
- U.S.-Japan Women's Journal: Nichi-Bei Josei Jānaru. English Supplement. English supplement, Nummers 25-27 2003. p. 58