Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is a 2004 film directed by Alfonso Cuarón and starring Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter, Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley, and Emma Watson as Hermione Granger, based on the book of the same title by J.K. Rowling.
- Why would I go looking for somebody who wants to kill me?
- [to Sirius] You betrayed my parents! You're the reason they're dead!
- [quietly] He was their friend... and he betrayed them... [yelling] HE WAS THIER FRIEND! I hope he finds me. 'Cause when he does, I'm gonna be ready! When he does, I'm gonna kill him!
- (Last lines) Lumos. I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. [credits roll] Mischief managed. Nox. [screen goes black, ending the movie]
- Bloody hell, Harry! That was not funny!
- [Looking at tea leaves.] Harry's got a sort of wonky cross, that's trial's and suffering... but that there could be the sun and that's happiness. So... you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it.
- What's up, Malfoy? Lost your skis?
- [Observing his leg After Sirius, as a dog, attacked him.] It's too late. It's ruined. It'll have to be chopped off.
- What are you trying to do to him? [Sirius snatches the rat from Ron] Scabbers! Leave him alone!
- [while looking at a past version of herself using the time turner] Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?
- [To Malfoy] You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!
- [To Sirius] If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us, too!
- Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.
- For in dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own. Let him swim in the deepest of oceans or glide over the highest cloud.
- A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who've forgotten how to listen.
- Mysterious thing, time. Powerful, and when meddled with, dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the dark tower. You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would do well, I feel, to return before this last chime. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight, more than one innocent life may be spared. Three turns, should do it, I think. Oh, and by the way. When in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck.
- [to Sirius] Well, well, Sirius. Looking rather ragged aren't we? Finally the flesh reflects the madness within.
- No, only one will die tonight.
- I DID MY WAITING!!! TWELVE YEARS OF IT!!! IN AZKABAN!!!
- [referring to his dog form] I actually have quite a pleasant disposition as a dog; so much so, in fact, that more than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with, but the fleas...they're murder.
- [to Harry] Besides, the ones that love us never really leave us. You can always find them... [puts hand over Harry's heart] in here.
- Brilliant Snape. Once again you put your keen and penetrating mind to the task and, as usual, come to the wrong conclusion. Now if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to.
- Well, you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?
- [to Snape] Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set.
- Come now, Harry. The Ministry doesn't send people to Azkaban for blowing up their aunts.
- Black was vicious. He didn't kill Pettigrew... he destroyed him!
The Marauder's Map
- "Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs are proud to present the Marauder's Map."
- "Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs offer their compliments to Professor Snape and request that he keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business."
- Yeah, take it away, Ernie. It's goin' to be a BUMP-Y ride!
- [Harry states his destination] The Leaky Cauldron. Hey, you got the pea soup? Make sure you eat it before it eats you!
- [As they're heading towards an old lady] ERNIE! LITTLE OLD LADY AT 12 O'CLOCK! [the bus comes to a screeching halt] Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, three-and-a-half, two, one-and-three-quarters, YES! [the bus speeds off again]
- [After the bus squeezes between two double-decker buses] Hey, guys, guys! Why the long faces?
- [The bus arrives outside the Leaky Cauldron] Yeah. Yeah. Nearly there. Nearly there. Nearly there. [The bus bumps into a muggle car upon stopping] Next stop, Knockturn Alley!
- Aunt Marge: Do they use the cane at St. Brutus', boy?
- Harry: [catching Uncle Vernon's eye] Oh yeah, yeah, I've been beaten loads of times.
- Aunt Marge: Excellent. I won't hear any of this namby-pamby, wishy-washy nonsense about not beating someone when they deserve it.
- Aunt Marge: What is it that the boy's father did, Petunia?
- Petunia: Oh, nothing. He didn't work; he was unemployed.
- Aunt Marge: And a drunk too, no doubt?
- Harry: [irritated] That's a lie!
- Aunt Marge: What did you say?
- Harry: [getting angry] My dad wasn't a drunk!
- [The glass Aunt Marge is holding suddenly breaks. Everyone screams.]
- Aunt Marge: Oh, don't worry Petunia. I have a very firm grip.
- Uncle Vernon: I think it's time you went to bed.
- Aunt Marge: Actually it has nothing to do with the father, it has to do with the mother. You see, all the time with dogs, if there's something wrong with the bitch, then there's something wrong with the pup.
- Harry: [yelling angrily at Aunt Marge with a snap] SHUT UP! SHUT! UP!
- Aunt Marge: Right. Let me tell you-- [Her finger starts to inflate.]
- [A short time later, Harry is about to leave the house shortly after inflating Aunt Marge for insulting his parents and she flew away]
- Uncle Vernon: [angrily, shouting at the top of his lungs at harry] YOU BRING HER BACK!!! You bring her back now! You put her right!
- Harry: No! She deserved what she got! [Uncle Vernon furiously tries to grab Harry with a savage yell, but Harry stands up to him with his wand] Keep away from me.
- Uncle Vernon: You're not allowed to do magic outside school.
- Harry: Yeah? Try me.
- Uncle Vernon: They won't let you back now. You have nowhere to go.
- Harry: I don't care. Anywhere is better than here. [angrily leaves the house and storms off]
- Ron: I'm warning you, Hermione! Keep that bloody beast of yours away from Scabbers, or I'll turn it into a tea cozy!
- Hermione: It's a cat, Ronald; what do you expect? It's in his nature.
- Ron: A cat? Is that what they told you? Looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me!
- Hermione: That's rich, coming from the owner of that smelly old shoebrush.
- Fred: You're not flashing that clipping about again, are you Ron?
- Ron: I haven't shown anyone!
- George: No, not a soul!
- Fred: Not unless you count Tom...
- George: The day maid...
- Fred: The night maid...
- George: That bloke who fixed the toilet...
- Fred: And that wizard from Belgium!
- The Fat Lady: [In a painting; she sings while holding a glass] Ah ah ah ahhh!
- Harry: Fortuna Major.
- The Fat Lady: No, wait, wait! [Sings in a higher pitch] Ah ah ah ahhh!
- Harry: [Irritated] Fortuna Major.
- The Fat Lady: Wait! [Screams] Ah ah ah AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! [The Fat Lady surreptitiously looks around to make sure nobody's watching, then smashes the glass on a pillar in the painting] Oh, amazing! Top of my voice!
- Harry: [Impatient] Fortuna Major!
- The Fat Lady: [Petulant] Yes, all right, all right, you can go in.
- [The door behind her opens to let the students in.]
- Harry: [Exasperated] Thank you!
- The Fat Lady: Plebs.
- [Harry's lying in the hospital wing, unconscious, after getting injured during a Quidditch game.]
- Ron: He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?
- George: Peaky?
- Fred: What do you expect? He fell over 100 feet.
- George: Yeah, Ron. Let's walk you off the top of the Astronomy tower.
- Fred: And see what you look like.
- Harry: [coming to] Probably a right sight better than he normally does.
- George: Gave us a right good scare, there, mate.
- Hermione: Harry, are you all right?
- Harry: [jokingly] Brilliant. [serious again] What happened?
- Ron: Well, you fell off your broom.
- Harry: [sarcastically] Oh, really? I meant the match. Who won?
- Hermione: Um... no one blames you, Harry. The Dementors aren't supposed to come inside the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. As soon as he saved you, he sent them straight off.
- Ron: There's um... something else you should know about, too, Harry. When you fell, your broom, it sort of blew into the Whomping Willow and... [Holds up what's left of the destroyed handle of Harry's Nimbus 2000] ...Well.
- Harry: [looking at the Marauder's Map for the first time] No. Is that really...?
- Fred: Dumbledore...
- George: In his study....
- Fred: Pacing...
- George: Does that a lot.
- Harry: So this map shows...
- Fred: Everyone.
- Harry: Everyone?
- George: Everyone.
- Fred: Where they are...
- George: ...what they're doing...
- Fred: ...every minute...
- George: ...of every day!
- Harry: Brilliant!
- [Professor Snape has caught Harry in a hallway.]
- Professor Snape: Potter. What are you doing wandering the corridors at night?
- Harry: I was sleepwalking.
- Professor Snape: How extraordinarily like your father, you are, Potter. He too was exceedingly arrogant, strutting about the castle.
- Harry: [irritated] My dad didn't strut. And nor do I. Now, I would appreciate it if you would lower your wand.
- Professor Snape: [Lowers his wand] Turn out your pockets. [Harry just stands there] [sternly] Turn out your pockets. [Harry takes out the Marauder's Map] What's this?
- Harry: Spare bit of parchment.
- Professor Snape: Really? Open it. [Harry opens the map; Snape puts his wand on the map] Reveal your secrets. [To Harry] Read it.
- Harry: "Messers. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs... offer their compliments to Professor Snape and..."
- Professor Snape: Go on.
- Harry: [amused] "...and request that he keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business."
- Professor Snape: Why you insolent, little--!
- Professor Lupin: Professor.
- Professor Snape: Well, well. Lupin. Out for a little walk in the moonlight, are we?
- Professor Lupin: [to Harry] Harry, are you all right?
- Professor Snape: That remains to be seen. [takes the Marauder's Map] I have just now confiscated a rather curious artifact from Mr. Potter. Take a look, Lupin. Supposed to be your area of expertise. Clearly, it's full of Dark Magic.
- Professor Lupin: I seriously doubt it, Severus. It looks to me as though it's merely a parchment designed to insult anyone who tries to read it. [chuckles] I suspect it's a Zonko product. Nevertheless, I shall investigate any hidden qualities it may possess. It is, after all, as you say, my area of expertise. [to Harry] Harry, would you come with me, please. [to Professor Snape] Professor, good night.
- [Hermione sees Malfoy laughing about Buckbeak, Hagrid's hippogriff, being executed that night.]
- Draco Malfoy: [to Crabbe and Pike] Father said I could have the hippogriff's head. Maybe I'll donate it to the Gryffindor Common Room.
- Crabbe: Look who's here.
- Draco Malfoy: Ah! Come to see the show?
- Hermione: [furiously] You! You foul, loathsome, evil, little cockroach! [holds Malfoy at wandpoint]
- Ron: Hermione, no! He's not worth it!
- [Hermione relaxes and takes her wand away from Malfoy, but almost immediately punches him in the face. He and his gang run off, panicking.]
- Hermione: That felt good.
- Ron: [impressed] Not good. Brilliant!
- Professor Lupin: Severus, don't be a fool.
- Sirius: He can't help it Remus, it's bound to be a habit by now.
- Professor Lupin: Sirius, be quiet.
- Sirius: Be quiet yourself, Remus!
- Professor Snape: Oh listen to you two, quarreling like an old married couple.
- Sirius: Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set?
- Professor Snape: [puts wand on Sirius' throat] I could do it, you know? But why deny the Dementors, when they're so longing to see you? Do I detect a flicker of fear? Ah yes, a Dementor's Kiss. One can only imagine what that must be like to endure. It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness but I'll do my best!
- Ron: [to Harry and Hermione, who have just disappeared and reappeared in thin air] How did you get there? I was just talking to you there! And now you're there!
- Hermione: What's he talking about, Harry?
- Harry: I don't know. Honestly Ron, how can somebody be in two places at once?
- Draco: [to Hagrid, about Buckbeak] You're gonna regret this! You and your bloody chicken...
- Draco Malfoy: God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears that Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes.
- [He, Crabbe, and Pike laugh]
- Harry: Shut up Malfoy.
- Draco, Crabbe, and Pike: Ooh.
- [Draco drops his bag on Crabbe and faces Harry as if to fight him then he points]
- Draco: Dementor, Dementor.
- [Harry and everyone else looks around startled. With their backs turned many Slytherin including Pike cover their heads.]
- Slytherin students: Oooooooooooh!
- Harry: (to Sirius) You betrayed my parents! You're the reason they're dead!
- Professor Lupin: No Harry it wasn't him. Somebody did betray your parents but it was somebody who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead!
- Harry: Who was it then?
- Sirius: Peter Pettigrew.
- Draco Malfoy:Potter? [Harry turns] Is it true you fainted? [Pike pretends to swoon] I mean that you actually fainted?!
- Ron: [turning Harry away] Shove off, Malfoy!
- Something wicked this way comes
- Everything will change
- The time has come
- Mysteries will unfold
- Secrets will be revealed
- Character will be tested
- Darkness will descend
- Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter
- Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
- Emma Watson as Hermione Granger
- Michael Gambon as Albus Dumbledore
- Gary Oldman as Sirius Black
- David Thewlis as Professor Lupin
- Timothy Spall as Peter "Wormtail" Pettigrew
- Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy
- Alan Rickman as Severus Snape
- Robbie Coltrane as Rubeus Hagrid
- Maggie Smith as Professor McGonagall
|Harry Potter (book series, film series) by J. K. Rowling|
|Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||book||film|
|Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||book||films part 1 and part 2|
|Harry Potter and the Cursed Child||play|
|last words in Harry Potter media||books||films||games|
|Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them||book||film|